MAC Cosmetics Blush Ombre - Ripe Peach [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

sex

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I wasnt really into peach blushes, but i could not resist this blush, it is so gorgeous int he pan. My only regret is that i did not buy a back up. I use a light hand with this shade. I am really happy with this blush ombre.

its a beautiful blush in the compact but its real sheer on the face at the same time u can only use a little bit so it doesnt make u look orangey great collectors item

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

To start off, I bought this mainly because of the hype. They were going crazy over it, and at the same time, I was looking for a peach blush. When I got it, it looked VERY pretty on the pan. Tried it on and looked like a typical peach blush, nothing special. I paid $29, which is fine with me because it is huge.

I'm an NC25 and honestly wasn't sure whether or not this was a color I wanted to try. I tend to wear more subdued blush shades, so seeing the (what looked to me) bright orange color in the pot, I was a little intimidated. After discussing it with a trusted MUA at the store, I decided to go for it, and now I'm searching for a backup because I'm positive I will run out of this sooner rather than later. I find on the days when I want a little flush to my cheeks, a few swipes of this does the trick. It's nicely pigmented and not at all garish. I'm definitely glad I bought this one!

on 3/20/2010 4:40:00 AM

This is a nice blush, but its just that Ďniceí and nothing more. The major thing setting it back is that it becomes more and more orange throughout the day, if you are remotely oily, this may look brick orange as it did on a few of my fellow MAC fans. I can understand why MAC fanatics love it, I mean its different, the colours melt together nicely, itís huge for a blush, etc. I wish I had read one true and impartial review on this before purchasing. Firstly, this is much better quality than their typical blushes and I am impressed that it lasts, for once. Itís very smooth and easy to blend. On yellow toned skin, this will make you look one shade darker, like all coral things tend to do, so if you donít want that look and prefer to look pale/your true color, this isnít for you. This is VERY orange. I only use half, the coral side since when mixed with the other, itís too orange. Itís not so much peach as it is orange. A more fitting name is tangerine, orange, kumquat, etc. In terms of peachy blushes, I still prefer cliniques innocent peach, which has a more subdued true peach tones and colour stays true, unlike this one. I generally dislike clinique makeup but this blush is definitely better, so if you are struggling to make ripe peach work, try the clinique version instead. What I find fascinating is that it sold out very quickly but no one seems to want to keep it, there are so many up for swap and so many ebay listing, so that may be telling of the true story.

This blush is simply beautiful. I knew i had to have it before i read any reviews. I just love the girly baby peach color it makes my cheeks. It set me back $52 in australia but i had to have it! i would say this would suit most if not all skin shades. xo

on 3/17/2010 1:18:00 PM

Honestly, I only bought this product because I knew it was *so* sought after and the ones in the store was the last that they had. Looking at it, the gradient of colors isn't THAT pretty or unique (just saying, since so many people commented on it). I tried it on in the store and thought it was just "O.K". I prefer other peachy blushes out there. I did give it a star for the amount of product in there since you do get a lot (9 grams). I don't regret buying it however, since I was able to swap it for a product I really wanted. So far, this is one of MAC's WAYYY over-hyped product that doesn't deliver and/or live up to it's reputation. Definitely don't buy this on evil-bay for 70+ USD.

I'm an NW20 and thought I'd be too light and cool for this color. But, like others have said, it truly makes me glow, especially when worn on top of a less-warm blush like Nars Penny Lane. I hope MAC repromotes this one!

on 3/16/2010 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

The blush is beautiful! But, on me it went more of a reddish peachy color. I know that makes no sense. I just was not as crazy about it as I thought I would be. There are more peachy blushes out there that I like better.

on 3/15/2010 11:04:00 PM

I've used better w/o a doubt...OMG...but I'll keep this only becuase it's so sought after...boggles the mind...it's not that great!