MAC Cosmetics Blush Ombre - Ripe Peach [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

sex

on 4/7/2010 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is just beautiful. Oh my, the most gorgeous peach. Perfect for summer!

on 4/7/2010 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have been using this blush for about a month now and I love it! The color gradiates to a dark peach-pink and lightens up to a yellowy peach. The colorings are very similar to an actual peach. On my skin tone (NW35) this blush is incredibly flattering. I like to mix the light and dark together when I use it but I like that you can selectively use the dark or the light side depending on the look you want. The color in the pan is true to form on your cheeks. For me this is probably the item that I like the most from the Spring Colour Forcast collection, too bad it is limited edition.

I saw an unhappy reviewer on this product and IMMEDIATELY jumped on the opportunity to msg that user and ask if she were willing to swap since they were all sold out of this blush in my area...

I was lucky to receive this, but a little skeptical since the person sending it to me was so unhappy with it. It was especially torturous since I couldn't swatch the damned thing until I knew she received her end and the swap was on the up-and-up... so there, it sat... for days... taunting me. Telling me how badly I wanted it...

My swap buddy finally messaged me and I raveged the packaging, and dipped my brush in... and it was love at first sight! It gives me a nice glow w/ soft application on NC30 skin, and is very peachy. I can understand where some people can say it's a tad orange-y - it all depends on the lighting around me, at least... but it looks fantastic in photos. I like my blush with a light hand, but I also like to use this to layer over other colors, like Dollymix to make it pinker than peach and give it the sheen. I also like that I can swatch from both the peach/pink halves of the compact if I want to change it up a bit.

I ESPECIALLY love this blush for the size - I think 9 grams VS 6 grams? VALUE. Me likey - no complaints there... well, except for the fact that it's too big to depot and stick in my blush palette, but then again, can't complain when I'm getting more! [Wouldn't hurt if that's the reg. blush size though... one could only dream...]

MAC needs to make their Ombre blushes a PERMANENT item in the collection. I am completely saddened by the fact that I had missed it while it was out, and am still stalking the boards to see if there's a perfect opportunity to swap for goodies from this collection.

It's a VERY large pan of blush, but I would def. repurchase if I lost it - if re-released in another collection or made permanent. I saw others mention this was selling on Ebay for $50+... and I agree, it's a great product, but not worth $50... I wouldn't pay more than $30 if I had to.

well, i have different thought about this blush. Yes, it it very pigmented, but i think it way too pigmented and it don't blend well into my skin. I don't know, or maybe it just me i'm not sure. Too bad for such a pretty color

on 3/30/2010 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

***I posted the picture of myself wearing Ripe Peach***
Right before RP came out I was obsessing about coral and peachy pink blushes so when this came out I knew I wanted to get it but I actually never saw it in real life because it was sold out when I went to get it. I didn't bother going to other MAC stores but later I thought about paying 50+ bucks for it on ebay. One night someone who lived in GA told me their Belks still had them in stock so I placed a phone order and I finally got mine!

The product is nice, but I'm glad I didn't pay any more than 25 dollars for it because I don't think a true peach suits me well since I have pink undertones. The gradient allows to be pick up more of the bottom coral color but it's still more peach than alot of the peachy pinks I own. I like my blush heavier as well, so I think it's more obvious that it's leaning orange more than anything else. I wear it often because I don't really care how natural it looks and I like how you can swirl your brush in different colors. I like putting a MSF or beauty powder over this because I don't notice the shimmer at all. Worth the $25 but nothing more! I think the picture I posted represents it very well, though I might have added more shimmer over it.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE this blush, it looks so good on my olive skintone. I like that I can have 3 different variations of colour. It has replaced my existing peach blushes. I love that it's sheer and buildable. The subtle golden shimmer doesn't really show up that much on the cheeks, but it doesn't look matte either. I seriously love this!!

on 3/26/2010 3:18:00 PM

This is a very pretty blush, but in my opinion not worth all the hype. It's nice, but not that special to me. I usually prefer pinker blushes anyway, like Nars Orgasm or Mac Stereo Rose MSF. Will never use it up, so won't repurchase for sure. (I do like it and will keep it though, so no need to msg me, it's not up for swap!)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a beautiful blush to look at and have fun with while applying. I am NC 35-40, latina, yellow with some pink tones and this blush flatters me beautifully. I personally don't believe it is worth the ridiculous price on Ebay but if you can have someone purchase it for you overseas then yes, it is worth the 25 bucks. The peach end can be a bit orange so definitely blend well, unless you like the orange peach cheeks look. The pink/coral side is wonderful! I have yet to come across a MAC blush that can dupe that shade. This blush is definitely unique. If you swirl your brush all over the product, it will cast a beautiful multidimensional effect. I'm so happy to finally have my hands on this!

on 3/24/2010 10:59:00 AM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

This is a limited edition item from MAC that they should make permanent. It is a beautiful true peach blush. Very pigmented, lasts all day.

on 3/22/2010 9:30:00 PM

OK, I fell into the hype and bought this much sought-after much crazed-about blush...It is one of these things that I can see what all the rage is about: This is a perfect, perfect product. Just what I have been looking for in a natural-tone, peachy blush. I have been rarely this impressed by a makeup item, so much that I will hit the pan on this one.

√ It is one of the most beautiful blush colours ever designed. The transition of peach to coral is exquisite.

√ Use it with a 187 or a very soft & fluffy blusher brush. The tougher the hairs, the harder it will be to pick up the right combination of colours.

√ Starting from the outer rim of the product, draw a big circle with your brush. This way, your brush will pick up the right amount of colour.

√ It has a perfect, buildable texture so if you think the first application is too sheer, continue building up.

√ It has a very subtle pearly sheen which looks gorgeous on the cheeks, not frosty, shimmery or glittery.

√ It doesn't change colour during the day and become a muddy brown putty on your face. It stays put.

√ I am NC25 with a light olive undertone, which makes it tricky to find the right peachy tone. It either turns orange or Heidi-on-the-mountains deep pink. RP is the perfect peach that just accentuates my natural flush on the cheeks.

It doesn't compare it to Estee Lauder's Peach Nuance or whatever. I also have that blush which only looks similar but the colour applied on the skin has nothing to do with Ripe Peach. EL's PN has an odd pure yellow end which gives out a poor result on the cheeks. RP has a perfect balance of colours.

I only wish MAC didn't make this a limited edition and pave the way for opportunists to bulk buy every store, every concession and toss it in eBay for 4 times the price...