MAC Cosmetics Blush Ombre - Ripe Peach [DISCONTINUED]

MAC Cosmetics Blush Ombre - Ripe Peach  [DISCONTINUED]
ripe peachMAC Ripe Peach Blush OmbrePeach Nuance vs Ripe Peach

4.2

sex

Blush crazy...just maybe? LOL! I got a flyer in the mail for MAC with the Spring introduction for colors and well didnt think much of it till people were buzzing about it. So ...I had to go to the MAC counter to only find 3 stores later that this item sold out within 2 weeks...and being its a limited edition, you cant get it again! EBAY to the rescue. Ok...this is a nice blush. Lots of people are saying its close to Peach Nuiance on Estee Lauder...well folks MAC is owned and a division of Estee. So the color lines will be very close But what I was most impressed it is the clever two tone shading..If you angle the blush brush with the top bristles dipped into the lighter shade (peach) and the bottom bristles dipped into the darker shade (coral) you have to apply it stratgetically on your cheeks. The top part acts as the highlighter and the bottom part is the contour. If your clever enough to achieve this...you will have a flawless look with cheekbones that can cut glass. I like this product...so much...that I even bidded on the Azalea blossom too....hats off to MAC!!

on 4/22/2010 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Gorgeous. I was lucky enough to buy it off of someone on livejournal because i wasn't very interested in it in store. gorgeous colour. i love the subtle gradation in colour. it's beautiful. love that its a true peach color unlike most. would repurchase if i could

on 4/22/2010 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love these powder blushes from MAC. It was released this Spring for their Spring Colour Forecast Collection.

Actually, they have four from this collection but I only bought 3. Azalea Blossom, Ripe Peach and Vintage Grape. I didn't buy the other one because the color doesn't suit me. It is a yellowish color, which is perfect if you're trying to achieve a nude / bronzy look.

As I have mentioned from my previous blogs, I love MAC's powder blushes. And this is no exception to that. In fact, this is better than the normal ones.

Why? Well, the fact that they are bigger than the normal one makes it longer to finish. It comes in a bigger packaging, the one that are used for the pressed powder compacts. Plus, it comes in two different migrating colors making it more natural when applied.

It is quite in demand this spring, in fact, some MAC shops / counters were already sold out of this item. I got mine reserved from MAC Harbour City in Facess (thanks to that helpful and friendly sales lady who helped me reserve!) I got my hands on these wonderful blushes!

My favorite is definitely the Ripe Peach, since it suits my skin color perfectly. If I wanna achieve a baby-ish look, I would definitely go on the Azalea Blossom. I think I would reserve the Vintage Grape for Fall / Winter since the color is darker than expected. Its color is like my Breath of Plum powder blush, only that it is a little bit darker.

How I wish MAC would manufacture this continuously. Take note, it is only LIMITED and it costs for HKD 210 only!

on 4/19/2010 9:34:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I FINALLY got my hands on it and I am soooo glad I was able to swap for it. I love it! It gives the perfect coral glow. I am NW20 for reference. Love this blush!!

This blush is a rare gem, probably the best peach blush known to man kind! I love that out of one product you can get 3 shades of peach. This is a true peach not like most other blushes that claim to be peach but they show up more pink than anything. I thought that Too Faced's Papa Don't Peach was good, this is way better! The finish is great too, some other peach blushes I have tried waaaaay to shimmery, almost like you are putting eyeshadow on your cheeks. This blush is more or less matte but with just a hint of sheen/shimmer - just right. I hope that MAC repromotes this product down the road so that everyone can have a chance to try this truely amazing blush.

on 4/16/2010 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely loveeee this blush... It's a mix of peach and pink with small specks of glitter particles.. It gives your skin a gorgeous glow. Im a NC 42 and it's the perfect blush colour for me..
Lasts all day and all you need is a light application as it's very pigmented.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Holy moly. What odd reviews. Very versatile shade with a good texture. This is a flattering shade on everyone I've tried it on; it's neither warm nor cool. It wears well, applies smoothly, and is a perfect bright but subtle shade for spring. My first peach/pink blush, and it's started me on a trend. Would definitely buy again if MAC decide to repromote; it's a shame it was limited edition.

(NC15, by the way!).

on 4/15/2010 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I stopped by my MAC counter to buy a couple of eyeshadows when I saw the manager (a friend of mine) taking out samples for this collection. She told me to pre-order anything I liked since she has a feeling this collection will be sold out and recommended I buy Ripe Peach since it's most flattering for fair to medium shaded Asians. After a week, I kept thinking if I should pick it up, but I thought, "what the hell" and got them. At first, I didn't know how to work this blush but after a couple of trial and errors, viola! PRETTY!!! This is the only peach blush that does not look like dirt on my skin (that's why most of my blushes are pink and tend to stay away from peaches and corals). But this gives me a REALLY PRETTY glow. Sucks this thing is LE. But believe the hype ladies, this is pretty especially for fair to medium skins.

on 4/15/2010 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a very pretty peach blush. I'll admit, I fell for all the hype when this was launched, and since I was already on the lookout for a good peachy/coral blush I rushed out to try this one. It's very flattering on my fair, neutral skin, although I have to work it with a very light hand. The subtle gold shimmers throughout add depth without being sparkly, which is nice, and the gradations in color allow for some variations in the looks I can achieve from day to day with this blush.

Are there dupes for this? Probably. Are there better values? Yes. However, this is a beautiful shade, and it's a decent value for the size, especially considering that it is so highly pigmented that it literally takes just a tap of the brush to get enough color for each cheek. I'll never run out, so I won't need to repurchase. I'll never NEED another peachy blush (but I have a feeling I'll end up with plenty more!)

on 4/14/2010 10:34:00 AM

I really wanted a MAC Spring Forecast Blush Ombre but I was initially so sad cuz I missed out on the Ripe Peach::~ Now, I'm so so so glad I missed out on it~!!! I took a swatch at the counter with the display one (it was sold out at my MAC counter)::~ It looked pretty in the pan and ok on the back of my hand::~ Then I took my everyday blush to compare it (Maybelline's True Peach) and it looked very similar~! The Ripe Peach was more coral and my True Peach more pinky-peach... until 30 mins later... I was driving in my car and asked my sister how did the blush look::~ She said it had looked orange~!!! And I doubled-up and looked at my hand and realized that most of the colour had faded (I did make sure I didn't smudge the swatches) and what remained was a light streak of bright coral-ish orange::~ Next to it was my slightly-faded-but-still-pretty-pigmented True Peach swatch (which is now more coral and about 3x more pigmented than the -now faded- Ripe Peach swatch)::~ Overall, this is an over-hyped / orange-turning / poor-lasting-power / extremely-pretty-in-the-pan blush::~