La Mer The Regenerating Serum

La Mer The Regenerating Serum
The Regenerating SerumThe Regenerating Serum

3.3

Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Seaweed (Algae) Extract, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Caprylic/Capric/Myristic/Stearic Triglyceride, Polysilicone-11, Yeast Extract/Faex/Extrait de Levure, Algae Extract, PEG-8 Dimethicone, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Peel Extract, Sigesbeckia Orientalis (St. Paul's Wort) Extract, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Selaginella Tamariscina (Spike Moss) Extract, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Juice Extract, Bupleurum Falcatum Root Extract, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Peel Extract, Narcissus Tazetta Bulb Extract, Mimosa Tenuiflora Bark Extract, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Laureth-4, Corallina Officinalis Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Micrococcus Lysate, Whey Protein/Lactis Protein/Protein du Petit-Lait, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Tartaric Acid, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Laureth-23, Butylene Glycol, Sucrose, Coenzyme A, Acetyl Glucosamine, Caffeine, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Linoleic Acid, Tetraacetylphytosphingosine, Alcaligenes Polysaccharides, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Pentylene Glycol, Eryngium Maritimum Callus Culture Filtrate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, PEG-8, Sorbitol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Cyclodextrin, Maltodextrin, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Glycosaminoglycans, Gold, Tourmaline, Linolenic Acid, Silica, Ethylbisimmomethylguaiacol Manganese Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Geraniol, Green 5 (CI61570)

on 6/2/2010 6:28:00 PM

I love this serum! I got a sample and ended up buying it and I have been using for about 3-4 weeks now. My skin looks noticably more even and firmer and it feels softer. I only put the serum on in the morning (under my sunscreen) because at night I still use Retin A underneath the Creme de la Mer mousterizer.
I have tried other La Mer serum samples in the past and did not like them at all becuase they just dried out my skin. This one is the opposite - it makes my skin look so fresh and even, without drying.
My only complaint is the packaging - I hate the stupid dropper dispenser! The sample came in a tube which was much better. The dropper is very messy and results in a lot of product waste (probably to make you run out faster and buy more :-)).

on 5/6/2010 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this serum because of the hype of this product. It really does nothing. It did not improve any wrinkle or skin texture. It made the skin shiny though. But after 2 weeks of using it, my skin started to break out very badly. It also made the skin red and looked awful. I'm very disappointed. This is the worst serum I ever tried. I will not buy this product anymore. For oily skin and acne prone, just be aware that this product may make acne city on your face :-(

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I'm very disappointed with this serum. I use almost the whole La Mer Product lines and I'm quite happy with my skin until I use this serum. I like to old La Mer serum a lot more compare to this new serum. This serum has done nothing to my skin beside created pimples.My skin has never has any pimple before but since I start using this serum I found that I have more problem with my skin than before. I will not repurchase this serum again.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Unfortunately, this product broke me out (probably because second ingredient after water is silicone). Also, I asked the SA if it contained any acids (I have super-sensitive, rosacea skin) and she looked at me as if I was insulting her and stated that NONE of La Mer's products have ANY acids and they are known for that.
I am glad I asked for a sample because not only did it break me out (after using it twice), it also irritated me and made my skin red. I read through the sample's ingredients and sure enough it contains an acid called tartaric acid which is an alpha hydroxy acid (mild, but nonetheless an acid). I wish SA's would not make such uninformed statements. All it does is make the entire skincare line look bad and the SA's seem untrustworthy.
I do like certain La Mer products like the Cream, cleansing foam and hydrating facial.
Always remember to ask for a sample and test something out for yourself.

on 2/28/2010 8:10:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

Only 3 days into using this product, but it is the best serum I have ever used. It dries to a nice matt that I use either the La Mer creme or lotion on prior to makeup. I also us it on my neck. It keeps my skin nice and glowing throughout the day. I use it at night and wake up with very nice smooth skin. Every day my skin looks a little better !

on 2/26/2010 2:18:00 PM

UPDATE: Breaks me out every time. What a shame because it made my skin prettier than any serum i've ever used. And i know it's breaking many others out as well. :(. And i'm not particularly prone to breakouts.

Original: Loving using this. There is no doubt that my skin looks better. The texture is clearly improved after about 8 days. My 1 tiny fine line does seem like it's about to be diminished, but only another few weeks will tell that. And i loooooooove the way it makes my skin feel. It dries to a soft matte look, super pretty and very smoooooth. I feel like my pores are consistently minimized, and let me explain what i mean by that. I have enlarged pores, some days are better than others, this gives me more good days, and that is good enough for me! Probably someone without pores as enlarged as mine will be very happy with the pore minimization factor as well. Every morning and night I shake it lightly as directed and put maybe 4-5 drops onto my fingers, spread it around my fingers then pat onto face. If i rub it onto my face instead it absorbs before i get a chance to do my whole face, and I don't want to run out too soon, so i'm patting. Then strangely about 4 days in, i got 2 little red spots on my face, almost like skin went missing, i wasn't sure if it was the serum or not, but the strange part was, usually things like that leave marks for weeks on me, after 2 days they healed up and are all gone. Bizarre. I love this serum and hope I can get another when this runs out. And a day or so ago i was looking in the mirror and my skin looked so good, I actually used my hand to wipe off the mirror thinking there must have been dust on it blurring my vision, but there wasn't! My skin actually was looking really good! So now i never miss an application. (i'm over 35 with pretty firm skin, 1 fine line, large pores and want to stay young forever). Packaging could be better because of the thickness of the product, when you put the dropper back into the bottle, the thick liquid touches the sides and has a tendency to get on the outside of the the top of the bottle. it's like playing 'Operation' (80's game), to get the dropper back into the bottle without touching the sides entry. I cheat, i actually use what's on the outside of the dropper to apply to my face. ;). Plus, how anyone will be able to get the last bits of this product out is beyond me, which will really suck when you are talking about $250 a bottle. I pray pray pray pray pray that they make an L.E. grande version of this the way they do for the lifting serum, which comes with a squirt pump mechanism (and of course, the $150+ savings). Great serum if you have the dough.

Update, on my second week, and my skin is looking very good. Obviously, you can only ask so much of a serum to change your looks, so don't expect miracles, but after 2 weeks, i am really liking this. i feel it is something I could use up, then when i could get another, i would.

Update, 4th or 5th week. I'm *just* not sure if this is improving my skin any more now. My skin looks nice, but i just can't get rid of this darn wrinkle. However, i still like it, i just feel like the improvement has stalled.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I landed a sample of this from the La Mer counter at Neiman's the day it came out. I didn't plan on trying it, or know about it. Seriously, you guys...this stuff has changed my life. It's amazing. I use it in conjunction with the Gel cream, and all day, my makeup does not BUDGE, my nose does not get shiny, and you can't see my swimming pool sized pores. It does an excellent job of minimizing my acne scarring. On top of that, it has normalized my skin to the point where I can get away with no makeup- which is something that NEVER happens. I am, and have always been, self conscious to the point where I will not leave the house without at LEAST concealer on. This is an amazing product, I can't vouch for the packaging because I don't have the full size yet, but I'm guessing 1 oz will last a long time because 2 or 3 drops will cover your whole face. The price is not thrilling, that's the only downside.