CHANEL Rouge Coco in Gabrielle 19

CHANEL Rouge Coco in Gabrielle 19

4.5

on 2/14/2012 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I only buy red lipsticks, this is my second red lipstick, first being Maybelline's Red lipstick which I discontinued using for two years because it was too shocking and I feel like it didn't suit me. So after 2 years of NOT buying lipstick, I decided to buy a new red lipstick, and this color made me FALL IN LOVE WITH LIPSTICK! Chanel's Gabrielle 19, started my love affair with lipsticks. After buying this , I accumulated 5 lipsticks in two months.

I love this shade because I can use it from day to night and it doesn't go overboard. Also, it's very moisturizing and it doesn't have any undertones so I think it will suit any skin color. I was medium-fair skin when I bought it, but after going to the beach a lot I am now really tan, and it still looks good on me. The downside I think is that after I eat, I have to re-apply it. Other than that I am really happy with this tube because 1) I get a lot of compliments; 2) I made my friends try it and they loved it! It's very vintage, and at the same time cuts through eras. I must say Rouge Coco Gabrielle #19 is a classic color.

on 1/25/2012 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I was looking for a moisturizing, true red lipstick and that's what I got.
This is very close to the perfect lipstick.
I can't say much about it, but that I love it and would always repurchase this!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

A Classic!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am NW10-15 for reference.
This is a beautiful red on me. I have highly pigmented pink lips and it manages to cancel out the pink and pull a true red that is very flattering my skin tone. It also doesn't scream LOOK AT MY LIPS, it's more, "hey there mister, *wink wink*" which is much more preferable. The formula feel very moisturizing, but as it wore, there definitely was a ring around my lips like a lip liner. For the asking price of this product, I would expect those kinds of flaws, the kind I forgive drug store lip sticks for, to be absent. Hence why the color match brings it from a 3 to a 4, but the formula is lacking.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

If I could give this product a review of 100 lipsticks, I would. It is perfect. This is the first red lipstick that has ever flattered my skintone and haircolor. It's a true red, so it doesn't look garish or pull orange on me at all. The formulation is phenomenal, and I can get a good four hours of wear out of this pretty easily. It feels so nice on the lips and it doesn't dry them out at all. The packaging is gorgeous and feels luxurious. This is the most amazing lipstick I have ever owned.

on 12/31/2010 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I think the name "Gabrielle" was very well chosen for this shade as it reminds you very much of that red Coco Chanel wore all the time. Itīs a true red, a "Ferrari" red, a "Marlboro" red, a "Coke" red. Gorgeous when wearing black and sleek clothes and a pearl necklace. The spirit of Gabrielle Chanel in a lipstick.

on 12/15/2010 3:12:00 PM

As much as Gabrielle is such a perfect color on me, i really have to damn the Rouge Coco formula. Firstly, it leaves a vampirish ring around my lips after eating. Secondly the lasting power is seriously average. Thirdly, it dries out my lips and makes my lip lines look even more defined. I am definitely not touching any other Rouge Cocos from now.

Now, read this review which i have to fully agree with:

Honestly, if you're looking to buy a luxury lipstick, put your money in YSL's Rouge Pur Couture. That's what i call MOISTURISING and STAYING POWER.

On to search for a Gabrielle dupe!!!

on 12/9/2010 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This is a basic medium red lipstick, nothing special. Hydrating formula and just the right balance between matte and glossy. Packaging feels sleek and substantial. I was hoping it would be more orange-red like one of the member photos, but on me it's just a basic red. I already own a similar lipstick (NARS Jungle Red) and prefer it over the Chanel due to 1) the price; 2) the lack of a flowery scent (ugh); and 3) the finish (semi-matte and less prone to running than the Chanel's hydrating formula).

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I adore red lipstick. It's hard to maintain, though--I don't know Dita and Gwen keep it looking so perfect.

That's where Chanel Gabrielle comes in. No, it won't last all day. But it goes on looking like heaven and is so easy to re-apply--almost like a gloss, but the coverage is so amazing and the color is, well, perfect if you're looking for a real glamour red. Unlike NARS or MAC reds (which I love but they take a lot of maintenance), it's comfortable to wear, and no need for a liner; just apply and go. You won't feel that dry, matte feeling for which other reds are notorious. Furthermore, it wears off evenly so you don't look like an aging vixen after you've eaten.

If you are looking for a classic, easy, gorgeous red, Chanel Gabrielle is the one.

on 10/7/2010 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

LOVE! This lipstick is now my new favourite red lippy (after my Chanel Rouge Allure Laque in Dragon). Chanel reds surpass any other red lipstick out there IMO, and the fact that it's Chanel makes a woman feel elegant wearing a drop dead gorgeous red like this. The consistency is creamy and very smooth on application and has great colour payoff too. I would never want this to run out, but if and once it does I'll definitely repurchase.