Urban Decay Razor Sharp Ultra Definition Finishing Powder [DISCONTINUED]

Urban Decay Razor Sharp Ultra Definition Finishing Powder [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isoceteth-10, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate. May Contain: Mica, CI77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)

on 2/10/2012 11:47:00 AM

Like other reviewers have mentioned the packaging sucks as the attached powder puff can't be cleaned and it deposits an uneven amount of powder on the skin. I simply removed the puff and just use the lid to swirl some product onto a brush for application.
This powder only comes in one shade and it matches my complexion (MAC NC15) beautifully. This powder has definitely amazed me as it sets my foundation and provides me with a semi-matte airbrushed look. Doesn't look cakey, powdery, and wears extremely well throughout the day. I have even started using it to set my under eye concealer and this has to be the best powder I have ever used for this task. I'm really enjoying this powder and would repurchase. I'm giving it 4/5 as the packaging isn't user friendly.

I must say I am not a fan of loose powders as I am rather clumsy at times, however after finding myself running out of my other (non loose) powders and a shiny face, I decided to give this product a go, as all the other products i have tried from urban decay are all re-purchable. I have had this powder since August last year and I use this everyday, and amazingly i still have loads of product left!!! I must admit when it was first delivered i was terrified of the packaging (i hate it) It is very attractive, however it comes with a sponge applicator at the top, but you can also take this off by screwing the lid off, but the first time youdo this you have to be super careful otherwise your going to end up like me with product all over your clothes, luckily it wasn't the whole tub. Also it may seem that there is hardly any product, but this stuff will last!! If you're in the market for a new powder give this a whirl

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Aside from the packaging this is an amazing finishing powder. I don't even bother with the cap, I just take it off when I need to use it because the first time I tried to mess with the cap I found that it was jammed. But if you take it completely off you can still use the product, and in fact it actually might be more useable that way. Actually I shouldn't say that I don't use the cap, because I do. What I do is I take a MAC 188 (Or whichever brush you use for your setting powder) and pat it in the product, then I turn the cap upside down and tap any excess powder in the little dip in the cap. It's kind of how you would use the Bare Minerals if you're familiar with that. So then I swipe the brush around in the cap and get just the right amount on my brush. I apply after I'm completely done doing my makeup, and I put it all over my face, but try to concentrate on my acne scars. It does give my skin a very smooth look and I don't know if it's just me but I think it sort of fills in my acne scars. I can apply it over my blush and bronzer and it doesn't effect the color at all. I also like using it for touch-ups or when I start to notice that my face is getting oily.

on 5/26/2011 8:14:00 PM

I like this product minus my HUGE issue with the packaging! First off, the powder works nicely, I do not recommend using the attached sponge but more on that later. When you put it on, your face feels extremely soft and makes your complexion look nice. I really do like the product by itself. The packaging on the other hand is a nightmare to say the least! It's one of those attached sponges that the powder in the container below it filters through so you're pretty much forced to use the sponge unless you rip it off. When the powder goes through the sponge, it gets EVERYWHERE. Each time I took the cap off to use some, powder flew up my nose, on the counter, in my hair, you get the picture. I recommend taking the sponge off and tossing it as far as you can, then use a brush or something else to apply this.

on 5/18/2011 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I like how this powder looks on your skin. Light texture, matte yet shimmery enough under lights. Just don't like the puff on the top because it doesn' spread evenly on your face. What I would use is a round face brush and dap it onto the puff and swipe it on the face.

on 4/22/2011 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Great for setting makeup, however dont bother using the puff. What I do is take the cover off the puff that way the three holes are showing. Then when you want to use it, just twist to open, turn it over still inside the cap and tap on the bottom to get the product to come out into the cap. Then use a brush to pick up the product in the cap and your set to go! Its kinda like they way you would use bare minerals, pour it into the lid and buff into your brush.

on 3/15/2011 3:05:00 PM

OK, first...I LOVE UD. I HATE the packaging and the little puff thingy it comes with. I don't even use. I really hate that part of it. Moving on...I opened it up by twisting the cap off and use a stipple brush to apply this. I like it because it sets my makeup, gives me an airbrushed look (even if I go without makeup that day I still get a fresh airbrushed look). I really do like this but they have got to do something with that God aweful puffy thing!!!!

This product was horrible on my dry skin. Bought it before I heard about MUA. Made my skin look flaky. The packaging it came in SUCKED!! Hated the poof thing on top. It was a lot easier to unscrew the cap and use.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Ok UD, you have a reputation for making amazing products. Then, you put them in the crappiest packaging known to man. These powder pouf things are disgusting! They build up bacteria. It is a sponge. I tried mine out a few times to be sure I would like it. I went to the MAC store and got a sifter container and poured the contents into the sifter container. This made my life a lot easier.

On the powder...
I tried this because I broke out quite a bit with the MUFE HD powder. UD has not done my skin wrong. It is super finely milled silica powder. It sets my foundation quite a bit and helps control that horrid sheen I get especially in pictures. Sometimes I will use just a small amount of this on my t zone before I apply my foundation. I have sensitive skin and I have not had any break out issues with this. It works good over a variety of liquid foundations I wear as well as mineral foundations.

I really enjoy this powder and would purchase again. However, I do not like this container at all. If I find something that works just as nicely in a better container, I may be swayed for that reason. I spotted the Too Faced Primed and Poreless powder...that spiked my curiosity and has a closing sifter package. However I will finish this powder first. The powder is nice, but again...it's the packaging.

on 8/2/2010 5:25:00 AM

Love this! I use it as my foundation fixer after Benefit's Hello Flawless in Champagne. I love the way it blurs fine lines and makes me look camera ready! No more screeching and detagging on Facebook the day after a party! It goes on evenly with the puff applicator and stays put for hours... I usually do a quick touch up mid afternoon if needed. Give it a try, hope its a HG for you too! x