NARS Orgasm Illuminator

NARS Orgasm Illuminator

3.6

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Sorbitol, Peg-32, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Peg-6, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 60, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Xanthan Gum, Steareth-8, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Ribes Nigrum [Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil], Rubus Idaeus [Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Oil], Trisodium Edta, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis [Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract], Rubus Chamaemorus (Rubus Chamaemorus Seed Oil), Panthenol, Bisabolol, Boswellia Serrata (Boswellia Serrata Gum), Sodium Hyaluronate, Limonene, [ /- (May Contain): Mica, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 75470 (Carmine)]

I happen to love the way this looks when combined w/my Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream #23 Natural Beige. Now then when I say this I mean I mix the two together before applying to my face. This application makes my face look amazingly bright...thus I look so healthy in the dead of winter it's almost amazing!

Really wanted to like this, but it just didn't show up on my NW15 skin. It looked great coming out of the tube, love the packaging...but not pigmented enough. I don't like Benefit High Beam (too fakey/white) but I have a MAC LE illuminator called Pink Rebel that I like a lot.

Returned this to Sephora. :(

on 2/19/2010 12:13:00 AM

So disappointed. I tried this expecting it not to work (hello Orgasm lipgloss and multiple) but it actually looked gorgeous on my hand in the store - not glittery, but like a real illuminator, dewy and healthy. And in the tube it just looked so pretty. So I bought it and basically wasted $30 because it vanishes on my face after about 15 minutes. There's nothing left - not shimmer, not color, not anything. For the record, I have combo skin and have tried this in all kinds of ways but nothing makes it stay.

on 2/16/2010 10:08:00 AM

Love this. Just got it yesterday in Sephora but it is one of those products I can tell I will use all the time. I am a ppp in my mid 30s with med red hair and blue eyes. For someone with my skin tone and age this is the right amount of glow/shimmer. Too much shimmer makes my fine line jump out in 3D but it is just the right amount of glow to wear to the office without looking like I have streaks going up the side of my face. (Florescent lighting is not kind..) Also the liquid aspect of it makes it super easy to blend. Not fond of the squeeze tube though. Way to easy to twitch and apply too much. Besides that though, it is pretty dang awesome.

on 2/12/2010 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product did not illuminate anything for me. Got better results from similiar products in other lines.

I go back and forth on this product. It gives a nice dewy and sheer glow when applied. I put it over foundation and then dust loose powder on top. If you like a dewy look then you'd like this. It is not shimmery at all IMO, it just makes skin look plump and glazed a bit:) Its a large tube so it will last a long time, especially since you only need a bit. I don't think I will buy again bc I just don't use it much...

on 2/10/2010 11:02:00 PM

i'm a bit torn by the product. i understand that it's an ILLUMINATOR and NOT a blush, however i cant imagine myself using this very often. when i first tried this on my hand, it came out incredibly sheer and shimmery. after testing it out, i knew right away this would not be good as a blush, so i decided to try to use it as a highlighter on my cheekbones. while the shimmers do catch the light and highlight my cheeks, i find that because there's still a bit of a pinky-peachy colour, it looks a bit odd. usually when you think highlighters, you would think of an off white colour, like albatross, not pink/peach, so i guess this doesnt really work as a highlighter for me. however you could probably mix this with your moisturizer to create a dewy/glowy look like a previous reviewer has said, but i like to keep my face matte, so i probably won't be doing that too often. while i do think this product is really pretty, i just dont find it that useful

on 2/1/2010 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

In the tube, this looks like a bronzing product but it's not very pigmented as the first reviewer noted. It is a very sheer, subtly shimmery highlighter, ideal for anywhere you want dewiness. It does exactly what it says it will do - it illuminates the skin. I love that it's non-greasy which makes it buildable, so if you want a tiny bit of 'light' or glow, you can just tap this on or add more layers wherever you want to look extra-dewy. I never liked Nars Multiples because they never actually set on my oily skin, while this does. I can definitely see reaching for this daily for a little oomph to my daytime face, but even moreso at night. I may keep a little 5g sample jar in my makeup bag just because it makes my skin look more alive. A little goes a very long way - I can see this tube lasting forever. Love the subtle orangey scent, which fades when it dries. MMM/NC35-37/Oily.

First, let's make this clear, that this product is a highlighter and NOT a blush. To be honest, if you're looking for color, don't even bother with this. With that said, this is a nice highlighter overall. It's smooth, and sinks quickly, and gives a beautiful, SUPER SUBTLE shimmer. The plus side to this shimmer, is that the golden shimmer is off-set by slight peach/pink shimmers, creating a natural "glow". I find some shimmers too gold, and others too pink, but this is very nice. Considering it was used on the male models for the 3.1 Philip Lim Spring 2010 show, you can expect it to be very sheer and natural, as anything overly shimmery looks feminine. If you're looking for color, a quick swipe of Orgasm/Super Orgasm will do the trick. I tend to mix a drop of this with my moisturizer, and then swipe Super Orgasm and i'm done. flushed, natural, and glowing.

This product is a 5 for ME, considering I want SUPER subtle shimmer. If you're looking for SHIMMER or a noticeable highlight, like a Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick, MAC MSF, or Benefit High Beam/Moon Beam, you can skip this. The only other product that gives this kind of soft focus "effect" are the Guerlain Meteorites; that kind of super sheer soft glow; people notice a "glow" and not a "highlight". The Meteorites are great but the colors are not as warm as the Orgasm Illuminator, plus the liquid is a little easier to control on the powder balls