NARS Cosmetics Orgasm Illuminator

NARS Cosmetics Orgasm Illuminator

3.6

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Sorbitol, Peg-32, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Peg-6, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 60, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Xanthan Gum, Steareth-8, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Ribes Nigrum [Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil], Rubus Idaeus [Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Oil], Trisodium Edta, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis [Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract], Rubus Chamaemorus (Rubus Chamaemorus Seed Oil), Panthenol, Bisabolol, Boswellia Serrata (Boswellia Serrata Gum), Sodium Hyaluronate, Limonene, [ /- (May Contain): Mica, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 75470 (Carmine)]

on 12/29/2010 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

meh....

I got it as a sample in a sephora kit. It is okay as a highlighter for decolletage but not as makeup

this is because it looks streaky over and under blush

I was so pumped and ready to like it. It totally fell short

on 12/18/2010 1:07:00 AM

I bought this while stopping by the NARS counter a month ago. I had stopped by to pick up a present for a friend, and the SA convinced me to purchase this after using it on me. So far I really like it. There's not too much color, it's a really watery peachy luminous sheen, and just brightens my face with a glow. My friend actually complimented my skin while I was wearing it... she thought it was the foundation, but it was actually this! I usually pat it on the top curve of my cheekbones as a highlighter, and then brush on my orgasm powder blush. I find that the orgasm really shows up much more so when applied over the illuminator. For a nighttime look, I also like to mix it with my liquid foundation and apply all over my face - it just adds a glow to my whole face.

In terms of packaging, I like the fact that it's a stand-up squeeze tube... makes it much more sanitary and also easy to store as it takes up only a little bit of room on my dresser. It was expensive, I think $38?? But a little goes a long way, and it's such a big tube (almost as big as some regular foundations, and you don't use nearly half as much). I will definitely repurchase when I finish this, a long way into the future.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought a small sample of this on eBay. So far I really like it. The other day I couldn't find my foundation so I added a drop of this to my sunscreen . It really helped to blur the redness in my skin that foundation usually covers. I think the price for a full size is a little ridiculous so I use this stuff sparingly.

on 11/16/2010 12:38:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

First, I used this by just putting it on my cheeks in concert with my NARS sheer glow. What a mistake. I looked really sweaty.

I mixed a tiny bit in with my Pro Longwear MAC foundation and it offset the matte finish and made my skin look brighter. That is definitely the way to go. It doesn't show up as pink or peach on me and I'm an NC15. I like it, but it's somewhat pricey.

on 11/13/2010 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I love this product. It give me that glowy dewey look. It an awesome product. I love NARS.

on 11/9/2010 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this product with it's smooth,silky texture. I place it on over my foundation on my cheeks, nose, chin and a dot on my forehead. It covers a little of the redness in my skin.

on 11/9/2010 10:22:00 PM

This is way too pink/peach for me. I don't see how so many people can use this all over their face. It made my skin a very strange fake tan color. I think it could be just used on the cheeks but it really doesn't seem worth the extra step. I will be returning it.

on 11/1/2010 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I gave this a rating of 5 stars really because I use it almost everyday. It has a wet texture but not runny, and the texture is'nt really a gel or cream. So, wet in texture and easy to blend, it is'nt like those gels that use on your cheeeks and there is a stain left there and you have to rub real hard to get it to blend....this blends easily and looks natural. I suppose that's a big factor why I like it so much because it looks so natural, nothing overdone and it lasts, it never fades on me. Someone of a darker complexion probably will have difficulty getting this to show up but for lighter/fair ladies (I'm light w/ warm undertones) there is enough pigment for it show up but not so much that you have to real careful with it.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Just received a sample of this from Sephora. (delux samples are tiny!) This is very shimmery which I love (I love shimmer and glitter), but as for color, it doesn't really show up on my medium-tan skintone. The shimmer shows but that's it. I thought it would be more pigmented because of the color in the bottom. I will definitely use the free sample up, but I wouldn't pay full price for this. I gave it 3 Lippies cause it's a nice illuminator but pretty average.

*Edit- this is more like a shimmery moisurizer - it gives great moisture. I've been using this and I'm LOVING it. It's very moisturizing on my dry skin and gives a pretty glow! I will purchase after my sample is done

on 10/12/2010 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I was hoping this was going to be a little more pigmented. When you look at the color in the tube I was under the impression that color would be similar as shown on my NC40 skin, but unfortunately it wasn't! Once I applied it, it was extremely watery and streaky. The color was very dull. I guess if you mix it with your foundation, it basically brings out more a glow within look, but I applied it to areas I wanted to glow like my cheeks. I did notice that if you apply this on your cheeks under your blush, it will make your blush last alot longer and it does glow more. I would recommend this to lighter skintones...and sadly..I wont be repurchasing.