CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM
Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

3.7

NEW:Purified Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Niacinamide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Ceteareth-20, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Cholesterol, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Dipotassium Phosphate, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------OLD:Purified Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Niacinamide, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum. (May contain Gluten, from barley/phytosphingosine)

I wanted a moisturizer to use under my foundation that would keep my skin hydrated all day. There are tons of options out there, but I steer clear of moisturizers that are heavily fragranced, have silicones, or those with chemical spf, since I also use Clarins UV Plus every day.

Lately it seems like no matter what foundation I use, it starts to look chalky after about an hour or two.

I use this product both AM & PM, I guess that's okay. CeraVe PM seems to hydrate better than the regular CeraVe Lotion, my skin looks fresher and younger. The dryness around my mouth and forehead is pretty much nonexistent now.

I haven't noticed any pore clogging, but I'll update my rating if this occurs. I love that this has no fragrance.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this on a whim because I was looking for a moisturizer that would help me when I get flaky and dry on my face. You use this at night and it has ceramides to provide a barrier from irritants. It does really work and the best thing of all is that it doesn't break me out or clog my pores. It actually soothes on contact, and since my face usually gets flushed easily, this reduces redness temporarily. My face feels soft, not greasy and it absorbs beautifully. When I wake up in the morning, the flakiness around my nose and chin is gone which is such a relief. I don't use this everyday because I like to switch up products to suit my needs, but this is definitely within my list of must-haves. Highly recommended.

on 2/8/2010 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

My skin was seriously suffering from winter dryness, and nothing even made a dent until I tried CeraVe PM. Tightness and flakes were gone after the first night. I've been using it for about a week now and haven't experienced any unusual break-outs. I also use this under my daytime moisturizer (which has spf) and will keep doing so until warmer weather finally graces us with its presence.

on 2/4/2010 1:03:00 PM

I had been using the CeraVe cream on my face but it seemed just a bit too heavy. I really like that this has the addition of niacinamide to the ceramides and hyaluronic acid. All of these ingredients have good scientific literature to back them up as good for your skin. I found this at both CVS and Walgreens, it happened to be on sale at Walgreens for $9.99 this week. I've also seen it on drugstore.com. The texture is somewhere between a cream and a gel, it absorbs quickly and has no fragrance that I can detect. CeraVe products are the only ones that allow me to use tazorac without persistent peeling and irritation. My skin looks and feels great! This moisturizer may seem a bit "boring" but it does what a good moisturizer and skin barrier protector should for a great price.

on 2/3/2010 1:11:00 PM

as a long time cerave lotion user, i was at cvs about 2 seconds after i heard there was a new version available!

ive been using this every day for about 2 weeks and honestly dont see a whole lot of difference between this and the regular formula in terms of results.

it has the same gel/creme texture, burns slightly when used on super dry, tight, or sensitive areas (for reference, retin-a user here), and provides instant relief from flakiness and extreme dryness.

ive never found cerave to be a fast working product. although it helps with superficial dryness on the spot, it takes some time to actually heal really compromised skin, so dont expect miracles. for true dry skin emergencies i have to layer this with something else, but for occassional winter dryness this is gentle, effective, and most importantly, doesnt break me out. plus im always hoping that all the great ingredients are doing some good!

the only real difference in my opinion between this and the original is the price! the new version is smaller and not really much cheaper. i will rebuy, but next time ill stick with the original formula.

on 1/31/2010 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'll have to come back and update this later, but after seeing this only had 2 reviews I thought I'd add my 2 cents thus far. I got this today & used it for the first time about 3 hours ago after washing my make-up off. I have had a terrible time with retin-a flakes & burning, however I have super sensitive skin & every other moisutizer I have tried has either been too greasy & caused breakouts or it has caused major stinging. This is the first moisturizer that hasn't done either, so for that I am way happy. It is almost like a lotion and gel in consistency - lighter than a lotion, creamier than a gel (hope that makes sense). It sinks right into the skin with absolutely no film or greasy residue. I had no flakes or cracks when my skin dried and I usually have TONS - its usually so bad I have to spend like 20 mins in the morning sloughing off dead skin & picking flakes off with tweazers & you can still see flaking. Its now 3 hours later & I have no greasy layer (usually my face is an oil slick 2-3 hours after washing w/out using a moisturizer). I got it at Walgreens for $9.99. So, as of this moment, I am lovin' this stuff - I really hope it doesn't disappoint me...

on 1/26/2010 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

I use this in the AM under my Aveeno Ultra Calming SPF 30. I mix 3 drops of Burt's Bees Ageless Serum with it. Used alone it's just not moisturizing for me, but I'm on the dry side. It's a nice lotion with the ingredients I look for in facial moisturizer

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Thanks to Sandrabati for posting the ingredients!! I've only been using for a few days but I do like it so far. Absorbs quickly and leaves my skin glowy. It did sting a tad when I first applied it which I attribute that to the niacinamide since I have no problems with the CeraVe lotion but it is getting better with each use. It was about $13 at CVS for 4 oz.

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Niacinamide, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, , Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum