CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM
Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

3.7

NEW:Purified Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Niacinamide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Ceteareth-20, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Cholesterol, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Dipotassium Phosphate, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------OLD:Purified Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Niacinamide, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum. (May contain Gluten, from barley/phytosphingosine)

on 2/2/2019 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've had mixed luck with CeraVe products. Some are super, and others not quite right for my skin. CeraVe PM has an amazing ingredient profile, packaging is sanitary, and air and light-proof, and there are no fragrances or dyes. It has a clinically effective quantity of niacinamide, and mutiple ceramides which are known to repair the skin. Its texture is light, so it works extremely well in the oily T-zone, moisturizing without being heavy or causing breakouts and clogged pores.

Here is where it falls apart. The product also contains hyaluronic acid. Lately it seems that almost everything has hyaluronic acid in it, so layering products which contain this ingredient like toner, serum, actives, and then night cream--it is hyaluronic overload for somebody like me who is sensitive to it. So, as much as I would love to love CeraVe PM, it is not a good match for my skin. I ended up using it as a body lotion, which worked well for areas where skin is normal to slightly dry. So...no repurchase for me, but it is definitely something to keep in mind since there is not another drugstore product like this one (that I am aware of).

I have purchased this product so many times and I couldn’t rave enough about it. I have been on Retin A for the last 3 years and this has been its best companion along with the Cerave eye cream and moisturizing cream in a tub. I also know that Niacinamide can be tricky for some people but it works great for my combo skin. This product is a HG for a lot I mean a lot of people coz it works! I use the AM moisturizer for my neck in the morning. Please don’t ever pull this out of the market ❤️

on 1/25/2019 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is just an OK moisturizer. It has some supposedly good ingredients such as 4% niacinamide, ceramides, and hyaluronic acid but I barely notice them doing anything. I have not seen any brightening, plumping, or skin barrier repairing effects. To me this is just an extremely basic, light moisturizer.

This moisturizer comes in a gel like consistency. I'm not sure why this is labeled for "PM" usage since it's not very occlusive (in my opinion) or nourishing. It doesn't really have a scent, and comes in a pump bottle. It doesn't sink into my skin and leaves me looking even more oily by the end of the day.

Not impressed by this product at all, except for the fact it's widely available in most drugstores. Don't expect miracles from this.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I bought this a couple of months ago, and after I bought it discovered they (CeraVe) were "bought out" by L'Oreal. I was watching Dr. Dray and she made this comment that they were bought by L'Oreal and that several of her viewers noted the change in formula. I don't think I used this before that buy out so I can only comment from my experience.

We're now in January, so it's colder and drier and this gives enough moisture, just enough however. I apply it to wet skin, (literally wet, learned this first from a video on Korean skincare and then Dr. Dray). Seems to sink in very quickly and is lightweight. I'm going to use it up, but once I do I think I'll either go for their moisturizing body lotion or cream in the tub. This PM lotion is ALMOST too lightweight for the winter time. I tend to feel more oily in the summer, so I think I'll repurchase when the summertime rolls around.

on 12/29/2018 4:14:00 AM

Hi, meet the devil. I have combination skin very dry but also extremely oily. I read amazing reviews here so I decided to give this a try. YES I DID READ THE FEW HORROR STORIES BUT CONVINCED MYSELF I WASN'T GOING TO BE ONE OF THEM. Why would i ever think that? I have the worst luck. ever. This broke me out and also made my face extremely red. I stopped using this lotion for just TWO damn days and my face cleared up. I had forgotten the color of my skin which is white af. And it's not over yet. Since I knew this worked so "amazing" for other people. privileged imaginary people. I gifted this to my cousin, her face broke out too specially her forehead and guess what? She turned tomato red too. Then we gave it to our soft baby faced 14 yeard old cousin. She's never had acne in her life, guess what? This lotion ruined her face two days before christmas!!!!! Her face turned red and broke out. LONG STORY SHORT DON'T BUT THIS.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I like this lotion enough but I think it's marketed totally incorrectly for what it does. It's very very lightweight and not at all suitable as a "night cream" even for the oiliest skin. If you have dry skin, don't bother with this one.

But I have recently come off accutane and my skin has stopped being dry and started becoming oily again. My regular Nivea night cream was just too heavy for me and everything was breaking me out and making me oily through the day. This hydrates my face fairly well and keeps me matte throughout the day, which is what I was looking for. Now my makeup stays in place all day and doesn't look like a greasy, creasy mess. Better yet, it doesn't break me out!

I usually layer it over elf water essence and paula's choice 2% BHA for extra exfoliation and hydration.

on 12/23/2018 7:01:00 PM

This stuff is horrible. It isn't the worst end of horrible (i. e. causes breakouts and that sort of thing). It is the useless end of horrible (i. e. doesn't help anything at all). I purchased it as a temporary replacement because I was out of my regular skin care products. Will never purchase again. Maybe I'll use it as hand cream. Maybe.

on 12/22/2018 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought a European version of this (Made in France), without even knowing that it's not an American product and that there were changes and reformulation since. I've had one Cerave product before, eye moisturiser, that I ordered from the States and that was very good. Anyway, this, new, reformulated moisturizing lotion STANG my face badly at each application, I had to rinse it off. It stings and burns like chemicals do, not like something good that's "working". Regret this purchase unfortunately.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Apparently they reformulated this....I'm reviewing the latest 2018 version

I ran out of my usual moisturizer and opted to get this while my usual moisturizer arrived in the mail

PROS

- affordable price
- pretty decent ingredients. ..has the basics: hyaluronic, niacinamide, others i forget
- helped my breakout a bit i think

CONS

- not very hydrating. Actually, every time I used this, I mixed it with a few drops of a facial oil.....still not overly hydrating but much better. I like a thicker moisturizer at night, so i actually found i liked this better during the day....Although not sure about doing that in case it has exfoliating ingredients where your skin should not be exposed to sunlight. So beware.
- apparently, judging from many reviews on here, the old formula was better

Im curious to see how this would work at night, layering a thicker moisturizer on top

OVERALL

- it wasnt as thick as i like for a night time moisturizer BUT it did actually make my skin look good and i think helped with some persistant jawline breakout better than my usual moisturizer
- It's worth it to get this and try out, for the price. Again, if you want more moisturizing properties, try mixing with a facial oil

BTW i have tried ceeave's AM version in the past and did not like it at all. It had spf i think. Dont remember too many details, just remember i didnt like it and would not repurchase

After some time of using this, I think it would make some acne flare up under the skin and just leave it red. I WONT BE REPURCHASING for this reason. There's lots of other moisturizers out there to choose from.

It is a decent affordable moisturizer, it didn't do any wonders and it wasnt any better than anything else I have used.