CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM
Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

3.7

NEW:Purified Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Niacinamide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Ceteareth-20, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Cholesterol, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Dipotassium Phosphate, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------OLD:Purified Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Niacinamide, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum. (May contain Gluten, from barley/phytosphingosine)

on 8/25/2016 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I've been keeping this around for years. Every time I'm near a derm's office, I get CeraVe samples showered upon me, reminding me that skin care specialists love this stuff. I don't like the way the regular CeraVe feels on my face. It's much too thick and heavy and it takes forever to absorb. This lotion still takes quite some time to absorb, but it doesn't feel greasy, and it's always available when I run out of the stuff that costs so much more. For straight-up moisturizing on my skin, I still love Clinique Dramatically Different Lotion more than anything else I've ever used. It definitely makes my skin look and feel better than CeraVe. However, CeraVe is supposed to help fade discoloration, and Dramatically Different doesn't do that, so I keep my CeraVe lotion around for when I need extra Niacinimide. CeraVe now has a "Night Cream" that has a much better texture, for me, than this lotion.

on 8/15/2016 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For most of my life I used no moisturizer and rarely even washed my face. Then pimples began appearing and I started using acne products, leaving me with irritated and flaky yet oily skin. I used Aveeno and Olay however neither seemed to actually moisturize my skin. My skin felt like I added a layer to it, yet it was still tight and uncomfortable feeling. This CeraVe moisturizer left my skin very soft and comfortable. I have pretty oily skin so this gives me more than enough moisture. It gives my skin a sheen and my face does get pretty shiny, however I have really oily skin naturally so I don't really mind. I also like how this lotion has niacinamide which I think has helped lighten my dark spots gradually, however it's hard to say for sure.

on 7/29/2016 1:22:00 AM

People who suffer from acne from this or any breakouts use neutrogena benzyl peroxide 2.5 solution at night with it. Works beautiful for acne prone skin.

This is NOT for acne prone skin. I tried it on a whim and while it did improve the dry patches I now have 7 huge nodular pimples all over my face. I stopped using it after 2 days and I stopped breaking out so beware if you have sensitive or acne prone skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a good, no-frills but gets the job done type of night cream. It's not extremely moisturizing and goes on lightly. It absorbs well. I would say it's a good value for the money and works reliably if you are not looking for anything super intense. In the winter, it may be too light for dried out skin, but it works great for me in the warmer months.

on 6/11/2016 7:32:00 PM

Great basic which works well moisturizing and improving skin texture. Doesn't break me out or cause clogged pores.

on 6/11/2016 5:12:00 PM

This is not nearly hydrating enough for my skin. I can use it kind of like a serum before a heavier moisturizer, but it doesn't really have any kind of effect on my skin. I am giving it an average rating because it had no ill effects.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

CeraVe makes good moisturizers that don't have anything really strange about them. Their moisturizers sink in, and they don't feel like you've just coated your skin in plastic. They also don't smell bad. Finally, the company says their products are gluten-free.

This particular moisturizer was recommended for having a high niacinamide content--which is great for rosacea. It also causes very dark acne-like bumps. For that, it is a pass.

Might be age sneaking up on me, but I have had dryer skin lately, and having previously been an oily/combo skin person, I'm learning new things as I change up my skincare. This lotion is amazing in that it is rich and moisturizing but it doesn't feel heavy on the skin, and my face looks great in the morning after using this. I'm going to try their other products based on the success of this. Bonus points also for the hygienic pump dispenser.

Breaks me out, so it's not for me.