CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM
Facial Moisturizing Lotion - PM

3.7

NEW:Purified Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Niacinamide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Ceteareth-20, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Cholesterol, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Dipotassium Phosphate, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------OLD:Purified Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Niacinamide, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum. (May contain Gluten, from barley/phytosphingosine)

on 4/2/2019 2:12:00 PM

It really stings around my lip area, after use, my skin becomes flaky, so i put more to moisturise my skin, but then it just makes my skin even more flaky and makes even bigger flaky patches. It is really disappointing, one of the worst products i have ever used.

on 3/23/2019 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I used to LOVE this. It was my HG ‘plain’ moisturiser to slap on alone or with other stuff. Reviews said the reformulation sucked. I ignored them and went ahead and bought another bottle only to discover they were right - it’s AWFUL. Not sure what they’ve done to it but it broke me out in places I never usually get break outs. I’m too old for hormonal acne so break outs now are usually product related.
I’m so mortified as I’d planned on using this for ever. Now I’m back to square one searching for another HG :/

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this as a daytime or warm weather day and night moisturizer. I love the ingredients, especially because it combines in one product a few things that I want in my regimen (especially Niacinamide). Will definitely repurchase.

on 3/10/2019 4:02:00 PM

The reformulation is awful. I hate it, and my skin does too. Doesn’t soak in. Looks greasy and feels sticky. Worse of all I had a reaction. Red, stinging, peeling skin. This was my holy grail. I bought several at a time. I loved it far more than anything I had tried before. Even the prestige brands. It never felt greasy or heavy. If I was dry I could double the application and it soaked in without shine or stickiness. This might be the worst thing to ever happen to me.

on 3/8/2019 11:48:00 PM

Acne prone ane hated it. It caused more whiteheads.

on 3/4/2019 9:55:00 AM

I love this moisturizer, as it is lightweight yet occlusive enough to leave my combination skin feeling plump and comfortable. During the winter months, I apply after a humectant (rubbed on wet skin, after washing my face at night or splashing it with water in the am). During the hotter season, I use it by itself, normally at night, before or after my retinoid.

It wears well under makeup: it does not pile or break up the MU. It has not broken me out, nor does it sting, and it very feels nice on my skin.

Also I love the packaging, it comes with a pump that dispenses a small quantity of product. It is sanitary and not wasteful!

CeraVe has just launched in the country where I live. Before I would buy off Amazon. I hope that now I will be able to find it now more easily and hopefully a little bit cheaper! I plan to repurchase this moisturizer. I see that it has a new formulation. I hope that they have not screwed it!

on 2/23/2019 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I"ve been following Angie of Hot and Flashy on YT and this is her Holy Grail DAYTIME moisturizer that she layers under her sunscreen. I used it years ago and decided to give it a try again. I love it! It absorbs well, and I also put it under sunscreen. However, I don't think I will purchase it again after my next backup bottle because it contains parabens and I want to avoid those. So Angie suggested a substitute - Mad Hippie. I'll give that a try, but hate to spend the money. If parabens are not an issue for you, I recommend CeraVe PM - night or day.

on 2/19/2019 7:19:00 AM

They reformulated it and it sucks. It broke my skin out and turned my skin into a desert with large pores. Don’t waste your money.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have personally used stratia liquid gold, TO Niacinamide with zinc, PC Niacinamide booster and recently this pm lotion. I find this pm lotion to be the most gentle Niacinamide option out of all of them as the other 3 gave me eczema type reactions on my face after using them for around a week. I feel that it may be because I use L Ascorbic acid in the morning. With all that said, the pm lotion used over tretinoin at night did seem to make me break out more if I use too much like 5 pumps on face and neck. That was unusual as I never break out since I was on tretinoin for almost a decade. I think the key to make it work is to use less only 1 pump which seems to not make me break out nor make my face red. I will update when I decide if the pm lotion is doing more harm than good.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Cerave PM is a moisturizer that I keep coming back to and now has an established spot in my routine. I have dehydrated oily skin that likes thin layers of moisture, so I like moisturizers that absorb and layer well. Cerave PM has great ingredients, smells neutral and doesn't leave a tacky layer behind. It also doesn't pill under my EltaMD Clear sunscreen, which is notorious for going on tacky. Overall Cerave PM is boring, but dependable.

I used it before and after any reformulation changes in 2018 and have not noticed a difference.