wet n wild Color Icon Single - Kitten 257A

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/12/2010 10:36:00 PM

I second everything in the review below. The color description is accurate. Unfortunately, the level of pigmentation described there is also accurate - i.e. practically non-existent. Looks very washed out on my NC35 lids. I will just stick to MAC Violet pigment.

on 1/23/2010 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Wet'n'Wild has recently revamped almost its entire line. Although I'm less than thrilled with the packaging and resizing (the new shadows are .06oz instead of .1oz), there are some really nice singles, like Nutty. I've also heard some good things about the palettes. Unfortunately, 257A Kitten is not so much one of my favorites. It's a pretty, unique shade in the pan: kind of a light/medium purple that is more blue than red with gold microshimmer. The texture is silky to the touch for a shimmer (not gritty), but doesn't apply evenly and it's super sheer. Swatched and on the lid, it's very washed out. It's much better with a base and if you layer it, it works really well in the crease with Nutty or another cool brown or taupe in the lid. I'd try other shades because I'm sure some of them have better pigmentation, and most of them are gorgeous in the pan.