wet n wild Color Icon Single - Kitten 257A

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/31/2011 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

When you applied this shadow it looks like a golden color not light purple at all

on 3/27/2011 12:15:00 AM

As others have said, this has poor color payoff. I applied it over a concealer, and it was passable, but the gold flecks are more noticeable than the color most of the time. Packaging is as cheap as it gets, and the shadow is inclined to break even with careful handling. There are definitely better violet/lavender shadows out there.

I really like this shadow...I'm a purple addict! I will say that you have to work a little harder to get the same color as in the pan compared to the other single shadows, but I still love it!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

With a primer, this shadow will appear as it does in the pan. Gorgeous lilac with beautiful golden shimmer! If you use it with no primer though, it barely shows any color. Just some subtle golden shimmer, which actually isn't bad, just not the color of the pan. I'd recommend this color.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The payoff on this is pretty terrible on its own, and just ok over UDPP, but I found that Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy made it really vibrant. If you have a tube, give it a try before you throw out this otherwise meh color.

on 1/24/2011 2:34:00 PM

I can see why a lot of people would give this a low rating. On me, however, with the help of UD Primer Potion, this is a pretty shimmery lilac that really works with my brown eyes and olive skin.

This shadow is almost identical to Nars Strada, the color of which I looooooooooove in the pan, but in reality not so much. I could never get it to actually.show.up. on my lids. THOUGH I have had it for about 5 years, way before I discovered UDPP, so I plan on giving it another chance soon.

This shadow is easier to apply than the Nars. There is a bit of fallout. Stays all day w/ primer. Not bad at all for the buck I paid for it.

PS- the WnW Color Icon shade "Penny" is pretty much a dupe for UD "Jones." Just a heads up ladies :D

on 12/21/2010 2:44:00 PM

Kitten is a lavender medium purple full of golden sparkles. The formula is somewhat dry and dusty, not creamy, so for good color payoff, you'd probably want to use a somewhat moist shadow base, or you'll have to layer this shade a lot.

However, I can get Kitten to show up on my lids, and it's a very cute color that's different from usual matte or shimmery purple tones.

The packaging is a compact, no-fuss square that snaps shut, and you can see the shade through the lid, which is convenient. For the price, I'm happy with this shadow and think it's a fun shade.

on 12/19/2010 11:02:00 PM

I love the color, but this only works for me if I use NYX crayon in Milk underneath. Without it, I get almost no color payoff, but with Milk underneath, the color is a lovely lavender with a soft gold shimmer.

on 12/10/2010 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Kitten was a let-down because all of the other Color Icon shadows are so good. This is a bland, glittery mess with an undesirable gritty texture that hardly shows up on my super pale skin. I swatched this on my hand, ran my finger over it, and it looked like nothing was ever there to begin with.

on 11/29/2010 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Wet n wild has great quality eyeshadows for a nice price. They have really improved over the years. I saw this beautiful lilac color and I just had to have it, as lilac looks wonderful on dark eyes. I put it on and I was disappointed, the color pay off is crap. It also looks 'ashy'. Wet n wild usually has nice pigmented color eyeshadow, but this one was a a miss.