wet n wild Color Icon Single - Kitten 257A

Color Icon Single - Kitten 257AWet n Wild Kitten

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

I found the pigmentation on this very weak, as many reviewers did. I tried it on top of techno, the purple WnW "jumbo pencil", which has really terrible pigmentation, as well. Well, the two together perform beautifully. The pencil gives the shadow a pretty iridescent sheen. Try it. It's not super pigmented, but it's definitely an improvement.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I wasn't at al impressed with this color. It has very little pigment with or without primer.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Wet n Wild Color Icon #257A Kitten - this shadow looks gorgeous in the pan and pigmented when swatched on my fingertip. I was really excited initially to use this shadow however when I tried to use it come off as a really light almost white lilac color. I experimented with different brushes, keep building the color but nothing seemed to work. I decided to try it with my UDPP and it was a BIT better but the fall out was horrendous. I would not RECOMMEND this particular color. If you want to try any of the singles from Wet n' Wild try Brulee, Nutty & Penny. In my opinion they are the best ones in the singles.

on 9/16/2011 12:27:00 PM

Wow, not much love here for Kitten. I actually had a great experience with it, but the key is PRIMER. I swatched it on a dry hand and I couldn't see any color, just gold shimmer. But when I put it on over my primer this morning, it looks GREAT! It's a nice, opaque lavender with gold shimmer that can be buffed down if it's too much. I paired this with Sugar and it looks stunning on brown eyes. Very blendable, smooth, and pretty. Guess I got lucky with it.

on 9/8/2011 10:26:00 PM

I bought this on Tuesday August 31st at my local Walgreens for $0.99 ( marked down from $1.99) and I LOVE it! The color is absoulty beautiful and very pigmented, the lilac is very noticable are very complimenting!
One of my favorite eyeshadows! I also have the wet N wild color icon single in Envy. Both are very beautiful!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I got this BOGOF and it is totally gorgeous. I know that the reviews are very mixed, so I didn't expect much. I must confess Kitten blew me away. Over primer (ELF, nothing special), it is a beautiful lavender with fine gold shimmer. A color that to die for, especially on green eyes (and probably brown, too). Yes, the texture is a little more powdery than say, Nutty, but I don't have any problems with it. I actually find the color very true to what it looks like in the pan. No, this is not a deep purple, its lavender. Yes, its very buildable, so you can get a definite color out of it or you can wear a light wash (both look great). I have absolutely no regrets...perfect for spring and summer.

even though this cost me 1.99$ at winco i wish i would have tried another shade. no color payoff and very glittery. perhaps i could use it over a matte purple and make it shimmery but ive got shimmery purples already. total miss from wet and wild :(

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

the color payoff sucks!! You could barely see it and it fades quickly.

on 4/19/2011 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Colour payoff is fine as long as you use a quality primer. It doesn't last however; I found it faded a lot throughout the day. I wouldn't buy it again.
And can someone tell me why in the world they make these little containers so difficult to open?!?!

on 4/14/2011 5:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my first WnW single eyeshadows. I got it in a swap and I requested it because I saw in a video by Sokolum, who is one of my favourite youtube gurus ever.
I own many WnW palettes and I am so impressed by their quality and pigmentation. However, this eyeshadow does not have a similar payoff and I am a bit disappointed by it. The color is absolutely lovely and pretty different from any other lavender/lilac I own because of the gold shimmer. When you apply it it's less pretty than in the pan. I usually combine it with brown/taupe colors because it kind of makes my eyelids look a bit livid when applied on its own. With warm colors it looks absolutely lovely. The problem with this color is that even with a good primer you need to pack a lot of product in order for the color to show, and still it stays pretty sheer.
But all in all I like it, especially in combination with other colors because it gives a nice golden sparkle to them. I would not repurchase anyway because I think there are many WnW eyeshadows out there which are way better than this.