3.3

$7.99 on Ulta Beauty
Shop Now

Reviews

a year ago

This is a pretty good mascara but it isn't my favorite. I love the curved brush and the formula is a bit drier which I usually like. I don't get a lot of length from this mascara but I do get a lot of volume and I feel like this does a good job of "fanning" out the lashes. It doesn't give the effect of falsies but my lashes are definitely noticeable with this formula. The wear time is decent; I don't get any noticeable smudging or flaking but if I rub my eye towards the end of the day I can get some darkness under my lower lashes. My one complaint about this mascara is that dries out quickly. I've had mine for a little over a month and I feel like I'm going to have to replace it soon. I'm pretty strict about replacing my mascara every 3 months but I'm not sure I'll even make it to 2 months with this one. Luckily this is cheap (around $5). That being said I think I like my Covergirl Clump Crusher more. The results aren't as dramatic but it's a good mascara. I would consider buying this again though.

About reviewer (65 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

a year ago

Been my go-to mascara every day for almost 8 years already. Love the dramatic effect it delivers and my eyelashes look more voluminous and longer. Really opens up the eyes. For curl and lift, I usually finish off with the eyelash curler. For those who complain about clumpiness, that's coz you layer more than twice, sth that happens to me. A newly open tube is usually too wet for me. So, I will keep the drier one around and use the latter after I have layered once with the newer one.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Tan

HairBrunette

a year ago

To me this gives you more volume than length, so I feel if you have naturally, reeeeallly long lashes, and you're just looking for a volumizing mascara and you wore this, you might be able to fool people. So I thought this mascara gave me really nice thick lashes, seemed to get better the more you used it, but it lightly smudged and flaked. Btw, I think they reformulated, repackaged, or re-marketed this mascara. I bought this Nov. 2018, and I know it had been out for way longer than that. So what I tried is the "newer" version, whatever that means (as in, the words The Falsies are written in simple text; not the weird blown up text as the old packaging). Also the brush has a very interesting shape to it. I have a million mascaras I want to try and for that reason I won't be repurchasing.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Other

a year ago

I always seem to get compliments on my makeup when I wear this mascara. It makes me look very bright eyed and awake as it has an exceptional amount of lift, curl and volume. I really enjoy the flexible brush, as it helps coat every lash, including those hard to get to inner and outer corners. One coat is enough for me to get all the curl, volume and length I need. This mascara has a great formula, not too wet or dry, easy to work with and non-clumpy. It dries quickly also. It doesn’t flake, melt or smudge during the day which is a huge plus for me, as some mascaras tend to melt on me during the hot summer. Even though I use the non-waterproof version, I still find that this mascara is fairly water resistant. It will last through watering eyes or some sweating. I will definitely repurchase this mascara, it is an old-reliable from Maybelline. I would happily recommend it.

About reviewer (735 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

from

a year ago

Maybelline does mascara well. There are few brands that have such a thorough and comprehensive range. I have found that the volume and falsies lines are excellent. I have been coming back to this brand for mascara for over 15 years - without fail the coverage is good without being gluggly, every lash is covered and lengthened and spread out, my eyes look bigger, the lash curls upwards and the product lasts well the day. It doesn't speckle off and it easy to remove with eye makeup remover. My tricks are using the rounded edge to apply straight into the eyelash to get more coverage, occasionally wiping down the brush with a tissue, and replacing more often than needed, and holding the brush up against the lash and pushing upwards to force a curl up.

About reviewer (132 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Other, Other

a year ago

This is easily one of my top 5 mascaras. I wouldn't say I'm a mascara snob but I definitely put mascara performance under a magnifying glass. The one I have is in Blackest Black - I don't remember if it's waterproof but it's a purple tube with a metallic blue band. The brush is really unique - its bristles are wide for a nice fanning effect, and the brush is also slightly curved which really helps for applying mascara to your lower lashes. It follows the natural roundness of your eyes! It doesn't overload my bottom lashes either. A+ The formula is a bit more wet and sleeker than my other favorite mascaras (Benefit Roller Lash and Urban Decay Super Curling) but it's consistency doesn't make it clump - which I love! And it does lengthen and give you a Audrey Hepburn lashes look. Another thing I like about this mascara is that it doesn't smudge onto your lower lid or transfer as much as other mascaras. I have oily lids so raccoon eyes become the default. Not so with this mascara! Definitely recommend.

About reviewer (194 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

3.0
from

2 years ago

This mascara is ok. It seperates my lashes and doesn't clump. The downside is that it doesn't curl my lashes very well.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinSensitive, Olive, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Other

2.0

2 years ago

So, I am a big believe in HUGE lashes, and I usually use L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise, but I wanted to try something a little cheaper, just to try out (since I work at a drug store, sometimes I just waste time looking at the products, finding new things to try.) The packaging is adorable, and I was really hopeful about the brush since I've been a fan of similar brushes (especially The Balm mad lash mascara) I tried this this morning, and I wasn't a huge fan of the brush even though I've used brushes like this before but this one just was not doing it for me. I like thick mascara, not clumpy but dark and long, and the product just didn't seem wet enough for me to put the amount I wanted before it just got too dry and hard on my lashes to double up or even triple up on layers. After it was done, it was alright, my lashes looked long and brushed out and such, but not really as dark or big as I wanted. Would not repurchase, but would recommend for someone who wants a more natural looking mascara (contrary to the name "Falsies")

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

3.0

2 years ago

meh. Not too bad, not extremely good either.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

1.0

2 years ago

I was on vacation and in desperate need of mascara. Only 1 shop in town and no acess to reviews, so I just took a chance and grabbed this. Ugh, it's so clumpy. When I got back home I even tried it under mascara primer and it still clumped. It makes my eyelashes look bumpy and spikey, really not a good look. I also felt the color was not a saturated lush black which I would prefer. Can a mascara be dingy? I liked the shape of the brush and that's about it. Oh, I forgot to mention, there is no way to apply another coat. It becomes very dry and set quickly, it's discouraging.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age44-55