4.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 years ago

I have Lillian, Blood, Silverwitch, and Azalea Blue. The texture of these lipsticks are very light and I admittedly prefer a thicker, smoother texture. The pigmentation isn't the densest but quite good. In my opinion, the big draw for these lipsticks are the unique colors and the vegan formula. If you're vegan and are absolutely sick of boring nude (seriously, are vegan cosmetic companies forgetting that many vegans are punk or goth?) colors than Morgana Minerals are for you.

About reviewer (239 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily

HairBrown

EyesHazel

10 years ago

I bought this lipstick in Coraline's Kiss since it was the only color that interested me, and I love it! I have a very pale, warm skintone with fairly light-colored lips, and prefer more MLBB shades. Coraline's Kiss is a bit brighter than my usual MLBB shades but it's still very wearable on me, and can still be an everyday color if I tone down the rest of my makeup. It's a gorgeous coral color with just a hint of shimmer and shine. It's also very moisturizing (most lipsticks dry out my lips but I love this one!) and seems to last a long time. I wish these lipsticks came in more colors that I liked, because I would definitely buy more!

About reviewer (300 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

10 years ago

Bought the lipsticks in both Lillian and Coraline's Kiss. Lillian takes a bit to build it up to a good color, but it is worth it and is surprisingly wearable! Coraline's Kiss is just too coral for my skin tone, but if I wear a sheer coat it looks fantastic. Love love love LOVE them.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Medium

EyesBrown

10 years ago

I found out about Morgana Minerals through reading Zhariel's (Fresco Phyrra's) blog. I looked at the lipsticks and was appalled at the crazy colors on the site! I mean bright blue? Bright booger green? come on, I would never wear that. I ordered a bunch of samples, and was very impressed. They STAY ON, they are MOISTURIZING (better than some of the twice as expensive brands), and some of them smell pretty darn good. My faves are definitely: Cauldron--black with silver sparkle Valentine--duotone pink/magenta (LOVE LOVE LOVE this color!) Serpent--dark magestic green Blueberry--matte dark blue, almost looks black Serenity--bright blue (I spoke too soon! This is surpsingly VERY wearable) Pumpkin Eater--shimmery orange I haven't ordered any full sizes yet, since I know it'll be easily a $150 order on just lipsticks. I thought $10 for a lipstick was outrageous (I'm a bargain $.99 shopper or avon lippie person) but you figure, it's vegan and a little goes a VERY long way. My samples aren't even half gone yet, and I've worn some of the colors 5-6 times! The owner's very generous in not only her samples of lipsticks, but even her eyeshadows! I am completely sold on Morgana's Minerals Vegan Lipstick--I can't see myself splurging on drugstore/department store lippies! I also can't wait for her vegan lipglosses to come out, because then I'll never have to order from Avon again! =D

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

from

10 years ago

Morgana is one of the only vegan/natural brands out there that makes really pigmented and high coverage lipsticks (and in punk/goth colors, although there are some more wearable colors in there). The pigments are true to color from tube to lips. This lipstick is for those who like bold, opaque colors. The formula ranges from very moisturizing to moisturizing (varies by color, I believe some of the darker colors are slightly less moisturizing). The lipsticks are also very long lasting since if you apply the color straight to your lips (not over a lip balm) they turn into a lip stain after about 3-4 hours. There are tons of unusual goth/punk shades. There are also more wearable shades that I bought including: Red Licorice: Cool toned red (I like this color more than Mac Russian Red) This color has been replaced by Verry Cherry. Verry Cherry is also lovely, a bit cooler toned than Red Licorice was, and now it looks even more like Russian Red. Azalea: hot pink Shrieking Violet: bright violet My new fav, Watermelon (this is everyday wearable even with a full-on application imo): Pink with subtle green twinkles and a watermelon scent I don't wear bold colors on an every day basis, so I can just dab the color on my lips a couple of times if I want more of a lipstain/lighter, more natural look. The business is still small and growing, so the owner is still taking color requests right now. The cost of the lippies ($10) is reasonable given that most drugstore lippies are $7-$10 and these are handmade. You may find cheaper natural lip products, but they aren't lipsticks and are usually much less pigmented. Also, you can get samples for $.50 a lipstick. The only downside is that the order minimum is higher on this site than other mmu companies. The order minumum has been reduced to $15 for now for new customers. If you are an established customer, you can place orders under $15. The shadow colors are also quite amazing! They apply very smoothly and true to color, just like the lipsticks. There are also very creative colors there, just like the lipsticks. Not all the shadows have the same base ingredients. They are formulated differently to make each shadow reach its full potential. For example, one shadow contains Cetyl Dimethicone to enhance adhesion. All the shadows (that I have seen) contain Carnauba wax, which really helps adhesion and reduces fly- away. There are a couple products on the website that aren't vegan (because of carmine), but those are few and far between and are clearly marked as containing carmine. There are ingredients listed for each eyeshadow, and lipstick ingredients listed on the main page: Here are the lippie ingredients: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Ingredients: Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil(soybean), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Kernel Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Ozokerite, Microcrystalline Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E). May contain(depending on the shade): Tin Oxide, Tin Dioxide, Silica, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Palmitic Acid, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides, Manganese Violet, Carbon Black, Polyester-3, Blue 1, Yellow 5, Red 7, Red 21, Red 27, Red 28, Red 33, Red 40, Copper, Bronze, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate(mineral glitter), Polyethylene Terephthalate(glitter), Flavor Metallic Maiden , Mistress, & Red Licorice are made with a mica coated with Butyl Paraben, Methyl Paraben, Propylparaben. Each tube contains 4-5 grams of product. Hand poured, so expect some imperfections in the finish ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I think they have very good customer service. Emails are usually answered very promptly. Shipping time is slower than more established companies. It has never taken longer than 3 weeks, weekends included, to receive an order. It usually takes about 2 weeks. However, that it to be expected with a smaller company, and current shipping times are usually listed on the main page. I did receive a wrong lippie color once (but that is one wrong product out of about 100 or so that I ordered). Also, when I contacted Morgana about the mix up with the lippie, she answered very promptly, let me keep the lippie,and sent the correct one out along with a complementary eyeshadow brush :). Recently, I accidently forgot to add a couple items to my cart and placed a second order in the same day. The first order qualified for free shipping and the second didn't. She combined both orders and refunded the shipping on the second order without my asking. Very nice! ~edit~ Morgana posted that she plans on getting turnaround down to 3-5 business days starting late February.~ Check out the site at: http://morganaminerals.com/shop/ and the forum at: http://crypt.morganaminerals.com/

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

from

10 years ago

Morgana Minerals is a company that makes handmade unique mineral cosmetics like Fyrinnae or Aromaleigh instead of repackaging generic pigments like some of the other mineral makeup companies. I reviewed some of her other products in my reviews. The website (morganaminerals.com) has a fun, campy gothic theme and most of the products fill a niche in the marketplace for goths & eldergoths ( ie. very pale foundations, eyesafe unusual eyeshadow colors and very dark or unusual colored lipsticks. However I think the products might be of interest to other people and they have traditional colors as well: -All of the products she makes and most of the products she distributes are vegan .The lipsticks are made with a blend of natural oils instead of nasty, artificial stuff like petroleum. -They also sell normal colors like deep pink and red. -If you are trying to mix up your makeup routine and try out something edgier it is much easier to pull off "goth" lipstick colors like bright violet or deep red than it is to walk around wearing lime green raver lipstick. I also think that for some women of color there is a shortage of pure, deeply pigmented lipsticks and for someone with a darker skintone colors like Mistress (deep red) or Grape ( medium purple) might just be good lipstick colors to have around and not even specifically gothic -Its nice to buy products from outside of the Estee Lauder /Sephora Deathstar because those corporations have a history of buying up small, independent makeup companies and then ruining whatever made them special and dropping them. MUFE and Illamasqua both make several unusual lipstick colors ( dark blues and violets, black, silver) that Sephora as their exclusive U.S. distributor chooses not to sell on the American market. If you want to be able to get high quality unusual lipstick colors instead of Wet N Wild Halloween makeup you just have to support the little guy. Independent makeup companies are the only ones selling these kinds of colors in the U.S. market and as a bonus many of these companies including Fyrinnae, Aromaleigh and Morgana are minority or women owned. -Very few mineral makeup companies make traditional cream lipsticks. I think Morgana might actually be the only one that does. Most of the other companies just sell balms or lipglosses because they are easier to make. On to the lipstick. Most reviews of these lipsticks on the net are from people who have ordered from this company a long time and as a completely new customer I hope I can give a neutral, impartial review that might be helpful to people curious about the brand. I expected to like them but was hesitant to order a lot because I was concerned that as a handmade product they might have flaws or I might not like the packaging so I only ordered two. The owner and her staff hand blend original colors and pour them in to the lipstick molds (there's a Youtube video). I was impressed by the quality. The packaging is a nice brushed silver metal tube. One lipstick bullet was completely pristine and the other one I ordered had a little nick on the tip that I just smoothed out with a lipbrush. The owner is supposed to give good customer service so I imagine if the nick had bothered me she would have replaced it. The website says many of the lipsticks are lightly scented but I didn't detect any scent and if anything it just smells like the natural oils in the base. The formula is very similar to MAC's Amplified Cream with all of the pros and cons of that. If you like Amplified Creams you will probably like these. It is deeply pigmented and opaque but somewhat moisturizing and creamy. Because it is slippery and dense it is a little hard to pick up on a lipbrush but goes on very smooth straight from the tube. It won't last as long as a matte lipstick and it does need to be reapplied after eating but it is also more moisturizing than matte lipstick. I got the following two colors but will probably order some more soon because I am quite happy with them. Spellbound: Deep metallic blue. This is an unusual and multidimensional lipcolor. It isn't at all a bright blue and is more like a metallic navy. If you wear it a little sheer and keep the rest of your makeup classic it is pretty wearable for an unusual color. It's a lot like MUFE Pearly Blue Black in color and quality(which Sephora decided to stop selling a year ago I guess because the 5000 shades of mauve they already sell aren't enough). Turquoise : This is a deep turquoise teal blue with a slight metallic sheen. It's a very unusual color but because it is so deep and pigmented it comes off as more of a jewel tone than anything bright or clownish. I'll probably save this one for clubs and going out. EDIT: I recently placed two more small orders and she e-mailed me without my asking to see if I would like her to combine them so she could give me free shipping and refund the $5 shipping charge. So, very good customer service from this company.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Other, Neutral

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

10 years ago

Morgana Minerals makes some of the most vibrant, moisturizing vegan lipsticks that I've ever found. They come in naturals and unnatural shades. Each tube is 4 to 5 grams of product and they're $10 each. Each color has a different scent. My favorites are: Nightshade - deepest purple Ice Queen - icy aqua Turquoise - aqua Azalea - hot pink (best hot pink EVER) Shrieking Violet - bright violet Red Licorice - cool toned red Cauldron - matte black with silver hologram sparkle Coraline - a lusciouos stunniing coral with a pink highlight These are opaque colors in unusual shades. They're moisturizing because of the vitamin E in them. They're long lasting, as well. If you're looking for vibrant, opaque, moisturizing, long-lasting color, these are definitely the lipsticks for you.

About reviewer (208 reviews)

Age30-35