Maybelline New York XXL PRO 24HOUR BOLD

Maybelline New York XXL PRO 24HOUR BOLD

3.4

on 2/23/2010 10:34:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

almost the perfect mascara. Stunning falsies in a tube, seriously almost perfect, perfect length,volume,lift,separation,color everything. BUT! THIS MASCARA DOES NOT COME OFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!! no amount or eye makeup remover or face cleanser takes it completely off, you just have to let it eventually flake and fade off. It sad actually, was almost my HG X(

on 2/23/2010 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I swore I would never try one of these mascaras again, I find the packaging so inconvienent and I'm not into having to apply 2 products to achieve a "full and long lashes" look. However, after watching Emilynoel on youtube, she shared how promising this product is and of course, I had to try it. Step #1, allows you to coat your lashes with a thinner brush and #2, adds that extra 'oomph'. The final result is quite impressive. My lashes look like they've grown overnight. I do wish I would waited for those drugstore BOGO offers, to try the Maybelline falsies mascara as that product is getting decent reviews, and this cost about 9 bucks alone. Overall, great product, I will keep on my list of "repurchase" items.

on 2/21/2010 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This really adds length, but no volume whatsoever, which i a tad disappointing. Even after 10 hours it still looked freshly applied no flake, no wear. Rinse off with soap and water, though it took a bit more elbow grease than normal mascara.

on 2/20/2010 11:37:00 PM

I love love love this mascara!!!! I love the black primer or number one step, I have tried many of the primers (shiseido the makeup mascara base, urban decay's lash primer, loreal double extend beauty tubes) was not impressed with any of them. Too clumpy and goopy looking. This mascara is awesome, it isnt clumpy for me and makes my lashes long and full consistently. I've been using it everyday for 2 weeks now and its still performing for me. Its beautiful, I cant say enough. Definitely try it.

on 2/15/2010 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

And the angels sang, "HG." This is amazing stuff. For the longest time, Lash Blast was my workhorse, but due to some reviews here, I picked this up. I followed the "two, one, two" method of application and HOLY CRAP, were the results ground-shattering! This holds a curl flawlessly, even on days where I wear the stuff for 18+ hours. It lengthens and adds volume impressively so. To the people who complain about more than one step-- your eyelashes are worth the extra time. They are the single most transformative thing you can do to your look. In my opinion, it's even more important than eyebrows. It DOES take a bit of work to remove, but I consider that a small price to pay for doe eyes in a tube. It is absolutely an excellent deal, especially when places do Maybelline BOGO. I hope to God this isn't taken off shelves any time soon. I'm a mascara JUNKIE, I've tried everything out there. This is the best.

on 2/10/2010 11:07:00 PM

ok so i dont usually review products, but i really wanted to write one on this mascara. I have always had a hard time finding a good mascara. My lashes are long, sparse and blonde so mascara is something that i cannot live without. I find that most mascaras clump easily, dont give enough volume and dont hold. I was skeptical on buying this mascara because I have tried many maybelline mascaras and have been pretty unsatisfied. Well im soooo happy i tried it out.

The first wand gives me separation and volume. the second wand really sets and holds the curl and length. It looks like i have false lashes on. The best part is that it lasts all day! Its dramatic and looks soo real. I love this mascara and i will def buy it again! seriously try it out!

on 2/10/2010 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

For a drugstore mascara the results were not bad. The black primer debut is long overdue so bravo on that. It is also quite glossy rather than gluey and gunky which was a pleasant surprise, and primes the lashes well for length. The mascara layered on top gives you extra length and moderate volume. I do not find this to give you major glamorous lashes though- the effect is similar to L'Oreal Voluminous. So it's good, but doesn't really hit it out of the park which the name seems to suggest. My two gripes are (1) both brushes are poorly designed- not tapered enough at the ends to let you prime and coat each lash so I ended up brushing my skin quite often, and (2) my lower lashes started smudging within the hour.

on 2/9/2010 2:42:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bough this a few weeks ago, I normally shy away from the 2 step mascaras (who needs another step in the morning) but I was really excited to try this. I debated for awhile between the bold and the volume, I went for the bold thinking it would give me everything, length and volume. At first I wasn't sure if this was gonna work for me, it didn't hold my curl (a big no no for me) and seemed to clump. But after using it a few more times, I like it. It takes a bit more work then my full and soft, and I don't think I would use it everyday, but it works for my night time dramatic lashes. I used it this morning with very neutral eye makeup so that my lashes would be more noticeable, it's nice and black, and does give good length and volume. I have to use my lash comb a lot but I use it a lot anyway. I would probably repurchase, its a good price, but I may try something else, I am sucker for the new things...

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought this and another Maybelline mascara when Walgreens had a BOGO a few weeks ago. I normally don't like the mascaras with a primer. I am in constant search of a mascara that can lengthen and provide volume. Boy oh boy does this mascara deliver. It gives me the longest and most volumized lashes that I have ever had. I had a lady stop me at the mall and ask me how I got my lashes so long. I am using this mascara with the new L'Oreal Double Extend Lash Boosting serum and I feel that this combo has given me some great results. I think that I have found my HG mascara. It really does last through the day. It doesn't clump or flake and it holds a curl through the whole day. I highly recommend this mascara!!

on 2/7/2010 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was not so good for me. I usually avoid 2-step mascaras (I just hate another step) but because of the good reviews I decided to try it. My main beef with this is that I cannot get this stuff off my eyelashes!! I didn't think it was waterproof. Usually I can get most of my mascara off with a cleansingwipe and then facewash but this stuff just seems to cling on for dear life. After a week my eyelashes were totally coated and sticking to my eyelash curler. I swear a chunk of my eyelashes came out. I'll probably just finish it up but will not repurchase.

UPDATE** I changed this to a 1. This has completely destroyed my lashes. I don't know why it affected me like this as nobody else seems to have had this problem. I think all the rubbing to get the stupid stuff off just really thinned them out. I'm so sad :(