Palladio Beauty Tinted Lip Balm

Palladio Beauty Tinted Lip Balm
For Palladio Herbal Tinted Lip Balms review

4.3

Polybutene Octyldodecanol Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Ozokerite Synthetic Wax Microcrystalline Wax Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit Cetyl Lactate Beeswax Myristyl Lactate Zea Mays (Corn) Starch Silica Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil Aluminum Hydroxide Propylparaben BHT Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate Benzotriazolyl Dodecyl p-Cresol Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Wheat Germ Glycerides Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil Vanillin

on 6/10/2010 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have this in Berry, which is actually a reddish, peachy coral color without any of the purple tones most shades named "berry" contain. Tinted lip balms and sheer, moisturizing lipsticks are probably my favorite lip products, and this is one of my favorite products in that category. For something so pigmented, it's very moisturizing, lasts very well, is packaged well, and doesn't have any smell or taste that I can detect.

The only reason I give this a 4/5 is because it's too pigmented for me to simply throw in my bag and swipe on my lips whenever I need to. Maybe it's because I'm pretty pale, but I have to wear this with another lip balm layered underneath in order to tone down the color. However, for $4 I will happily repurchase, especially since I love the formula and how the toned-down shade looks.

The only other color I would consider purchasing is Cotton Candy, but swiped on my hand it's absolutely clear, with just some glimmer in it, and since I don't even like sparkle on my lips I'm hesitant to buy it. I really wish there was a happy medium between the opaqueness of Berry and sheerness of Cotton Candy. So for me this a really really fantastic little product, but I wish there were more color options and that this shade in particular was less pigmented--basically I'd like more balm, less tint.

on 6/9/2010 9:37:00 PM

I am using Golden Pink. It is moisturizing, highly pigmented, and very shimmery. At first I was disappointed because the packaging did not mention anything about shimmer but it has grown on me!

Because the packaging does not mention shimmer it is getting 4 stars. The product itself is 5 stars.

on 5/30/2010 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have been looking for a lip balm that would moisturize and give my lips color without having to use lipstick all the time. This product is perfect. I purchased it in cotton candy. I do have pigmented lips so with one coat, all the product did was tone down my lips a little bit . With 2 or 3 coats, my lips had a slight pink tint to it. It goes on very smooth, not heavy, and its very moisturizing. It is also not too shiny.

I like applying my HoneyLove matte MAC lipstick on top of this lip balm. It gives my lips the perfect pink tone and the right amount of shine! My only con is the smell.

on 5/24/2010 5:05:00 PM

I love this lip balm and at $3.99 a pop its an affordable luxury to have them in lots of colors. Great pigment and comfortable wear- not waxy at all. I love the Golden Pink- excellent dupe for Nars Orgasm.

on 5/21/2010 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Last month I purchased two of the Palladio lip balms in the shades Orange and Brownie and they impressed me so much I ended up collecting the entire range of colors. All were purchased at Duane Reade for $4 each.

(click "Continued" at the end of my review to see product pics and swatches. Includes lip swatch)

I've been trying out a lot of tinted lip balms lately and consider the Palladio lip balms as some of my favorites. They're not as moisturizing or thick and, consequently, not as long lasting as my beloved NYC Lip Sliders Tinted Lip Balms, but they don't dry out my lips like the Korres lip butters. The Palladio balms are very creamy smooth and not waxy, sticky, or greasy in texture. And they have good color payoff, especially the darker shades.

I can't detect any taste/flavor in these products. There is a very slight scent but it's not unpleasant. Funnily enough, it doesn't have an herbal or medicinal scent as one would expect an "Herbal Tinted Lip Balm" to possess. Personally, I think they smell like the hard candy coating on the outside of Jordan almonds - a barely there, soft sugar scent.

The nine available Palladio Herbal Tinted Lip Balm shades are: Champagne, Cotton Candy, Golden Pink, Bronzy Pink, Naturally Bronze, Orange, Berry, Rosey, and Brownie. (Palladio's website lists Natural Bronze but the actual packaging reads Naturally Bronze) I would say that Orange, Berry, and Brownie are my favorites because they look the most natural on my not-very-pigmented lips. Don't be scared by the names "Orange" and "Brownie". Orange is actually pretty sheer and not "in your face" bright. And, as you can tell from the swatch, Brownie is far from being dirt brown in color; in fact, I consider it a more flattering, redder version of Clinique's Black Honey lipstick. Orange and Berry are great for a MLBB (my lips but better) look, and Brownie for a bit more color.

I can say without any doubt that, out of the nine colors, Rosey is the most pigmented. Forget tinted lip balm, Rosey could probably pass as a moisturizing lipstick. One swipe is all I need to get really good color payoff.

As far as I can tell, Brownie, Berry and Rosey are the only non-shimmery (or minimal to almost non-existant shimmer) shades. It's a bit hard to tell. With these three shades, sometimes I don't think they have any shimmer but then there'll be a change in lighting and then I think perhaps they do have the tiniest bit of micro shimmer.

There's no question about the other six shades though; they definitely have shimmer to varying degrees. But not gritty or obnoxious shimmer. Orange contains shimmer but on the lips can pass as a non-shimmer shade, and has far less shimmer than the much more shimmery Golden Pink.As someone who's repulsed by frosty and super shimmery colors, none of the Palladio lip balm colors make me want to hurl.

I would say that for stick-type lip balms the Palladio Herbal Tinted Lip Balms are surprisingly long lasting. Overall, they're sufficiently moisturizing and all very wearable shades with a nice texture, finish, and moderate to great pigmentation (depending on the shade). continued >>

on 5/21/2010 2:30:00 PM

I have this in Rosey and Brownie, which both have a creamy sheen (no frost). Nice color payoff for a tinted lip balm, basically a sheer lipstick with moisture. Requires re-app every couple of hours but since it looks like a lip balm instead of a lipstick, I feel free to apply it anywhere--for instance on the trail with my hiking buddies-- without feeling ridiculous for putting "makeup" on in public. For me, Rosey is almost like raspberry (pinky rose with a blue undertone) except a bit lighter. A nice fresh color except I think it's a bit "young" for me. Brownie is more sophisticated, a pinky-brown. Both feel smooth on my lips. Also have Orange which is more sheer, not crazy about the color because it doesn't layer well with my berry toned lips.

on 5/19/2010 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG HG HG! These tinted lip balms are perfect. They moisturize like really high quality lip balm, and at the same time offer a TON of tint. If you apply one sheer coat you'll get a sheer wash of color, but with two or more coats it easily looks almost like lipstick-grade color (without looking dry like many lipsticks do). I have it in Rosey which is the most red color. Haven't tried other shades because I pretty much stick to red tinted lips, but this is such a great product I might try a new shade at some point. So cheap too, at $3-4, and one tube lasts a long time. I really love this product-- I have a mini panic attack every time I misplace it, and I'm not even a lip product person! Before this all I would use was Dr. Pepper lipsmacker because it also has a slight red tint. This is sooo much better though. Most tinted lip balms I've tried were failures because the pigment didn't mix well with the balmy texture of the product, resulting in the color not applying smoothly. But these are PERFECT! I would be happy with this as my only lip product for the rest of my life. So glad I found out about these on EmilyNoel83's youtube channel!

on 5/17/2010 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I love these lip balms because they are very moisturizing, not sticky or drying, and they make a good replacement for some of my beloved but discontinued Aromaleigh products. They're also very affordable, usually around $3-4 for regular price. I got them on sale at Ulta.

I have pale, warm skin and fairly light lips, and got this lip balm in 3 shades: Orange, Berry, and Rosey.

Orange is a very sheer orange, no noticeable pink tones. It adds just a hint of warmth to my lips which I like, but would likely be too sheer for darkly pigmented lips.

Rosey is the most pigmented of these 3 and is a medium to dark pink. I'd actually call it more of a berry pink than rose, and I think it's neutral enough to work on most skintones. It's fairly dramatic on me (at least for a tinted balm) but is still wearable. It'd probably be a good MLBB for some people with darker lips.

Berry is not a berry color at all IMO, but is actually a lovely shade of peachy-pink! (Which was a pleasant surprise for me since I love peachy-pinks!) These balms are packaged in black plastic tubes so you can't see the color of the product until you break the seal. At my local Ulta there were two tubes labeled Berry, but each had a different color on the label -- I bought the one with a medium pink label, but there was another tube with a brown-pink label. Neither label looked like the color of the actual product in my tube, so I don't know if they changed the color or just the label...

Overall, great product for a great price, but I wish they were packaged in clear tubes so you can see the color better!

on 5/14/2010 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I recently started getting into drugstore products because I'm just sick of paying so much money for high end brands. And I've been discovering some drugstore brands are still great quality but I never was crazy about Palladio after trying their herbal lipgloss and their rice powder. But I tried these when I actually saw a testers at Ulta which never happens with drugstore brands. To my surprise it went on smoothly and gave me perfect sheer color. I tried the champagne which was one of the few tests they had out. It's a nice shimmery beige color, like the name suggests. It almost looks like I have a light layer of sheer lipstick on, the color is that good. And the texture of the lip balm reminds me of a lip butter, smooth and moisturizing. I wish it lasted a little longer on my lips moisture-wise but it's not bad. I also picked this up in the lightest pink shade they had, I think it was called cotton candy. I prefer the champagne but the pink's okay too.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I actually picked up 2 of these today at my local Harmon Beauty Supply store. I have recently been starting to use organic, herbal and natural only make-up products (which have been incredible for my skin and whole self). I am more concerned to use these kinds on my mouth and simple eye makeups - sticking mainly to moisturizers and keeping my skin powder/foundation free. Anyways, back to the main point. I saw these and got so excited, because they came in colors and..just...wow. Jackpot! I got Champagne and Golden Pink to start with....incredible scent, amazing texture, natural ingredients and the colors are sheer-ish (but def. DO show up). These are such beautiful pieces of lip balm gold, I can't even tell you. I especially like that you can throw it on without a mirror like a regular clear LB and look amazing and un-messy. I plan to get all colors and toss my other crappy high-priced lipsticks. Get these, you will NOT be disappointed!