Chanel Chance

Chanel Chance
Chance

3.8

on 12/31/2002 8:01:00 AM

the sweetness is very wearable, i love wearing this into the office, feels very cheerful, and lasts (i guess some color this as being too strong) throughout the hectic day. one thing, i bought the bigger bottle which i wouldn't do next time b/c you really only need 2 squirts for the entire day so i'll probably have this bottel for a very long time (not that i'm complaining). i'd give it 5 lippies, but i'm a little put off by its marketing.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I, too, tried Chance side-by-side with Coco Mlle. Chance has much busier and brighter floral and citrus top notes, while Mlle. seems more grounded. They're both lovely, but I can't wear Mlle. I do prefer the drydown of Chance - much kinder and gentler than Mlle., but still with a spicy "bite" that I'm not wild about. Chance is a tangy-sweet floral with some spicy warmth. Not my favourite, but nice for a change now and then, and unique, despite comparisons to Mlle. Really!

on 12/29/2002 10:09:00 AM

Smells a lot like Coco Mademoiselle to me, only not as good.

on 12/24/2002 3:17:00 PM

I bought this product for my mother. That right there explains my main opinion of this product. I found this to be a strong, fragrant scent without being too overbearing or cloying, but it seemed to be a touch 'too much' for today's young woman. Girls today like floral, fruity and light fragrances. This would be perfect for a young/middle-aged businesswoman. UPDATE: I was reorganizing my fragrances and compared this to my bottles of #5 and Coco Mademoiselle, and realized that compared to the rest of the Chanel line, Chance is the most youthful alternative. I would still besiege younger consumers to look elsewhere for a signature fragrance, however.

on 12/23/2002 11:52:00 AM

I agree that this should be put on sparingly. I usually wear lighter fragrances and I put this on with the same enthusiasm the 1st x I wore it - big mistake! Probably I'll keep this one for nights out - too sweet & heavy for work.

on 12/23/2002 6:56:00 AM

This fragrance is much more light and floral than any other Chanel fragrance. It's closest to Coco Mademoiselle, but more wearable. Very fresh on its top note, but somewhat more spicey on the bottom. Be careful of the bottle though, it sprays a large amount, and this fragrance should be worn lightly.

on 12/16/2002 5:54:00 PM

Ah yes, I must agree with everyone here that this is a "Diet Coco M." I had to swap away my bottle of Coco M. after only 25% was consumed, it became overly sickenly sweet. Chance is lighter but again, this is yet another Chanel fragrance that I am not thrilled with. I received a roll-on bottle of this as a GWP, which will probably be used up but I highly doubt that I will purchase this. It did last all day long on me though!

This is a awesome scent.very modern and youthful. cute bottle and cap too. it doesnt last for very long however. one of my fave scents

on 11/24/2002 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is not for me. It's nice but I find it kind of heavy and boring. Very very similar to Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle which I hate. But this is certainly nicer than that.

on 11/23/2002 5:00:00 PM

I adore this! Probably my favorite (and the most wearable) of the Chanel scents...and that's saying something! Very sweet, floral, and complex. Plus, it seems very versatile...I've heard that it's more of a spring/summer scent, but I'm wearing it in winter! A scent that truly makes me smile :)

Popular Fragrances