Chanel Chance

Chance

3.8

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

UGh...
thats the only word how to describe this smell, when i went to the chanel counter i got a sample of this perfume, and boy did it ever stink
i smelled like an old lady, it also gave me a headache
the perfume scent is too strong

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I purchased this fragrance recently & I really like it. It smells, musky, floral & a little citrus all at the same time. I would describe it as a clean, fresh, sexy scent. I see that alot of people don't like the packaging or the bottle, but I think the round bottle & square top is really cute & unique. And what's wrong with pink? LOL! I agree that it does smell alot like Cocoa Mademoiselle, but not as heavy. My only complaint is that it does not have alot of staying power, which is always very important to me when I wear a fragrance. I will finish out my bottle, but I am not sure if I will re purchase this or not because even though I like the scent & it's very wearable. I didn't fall head over heels with the fragrance, to me it smells like alot of other department store fragrances, there is not really anything special or unique about the scent that sets it apart from all the rest.

UPDATE: This fragrance has really grown on me! I love it more & more each time I wear it & the compliments never stop. I will definetly re-purchase, this is my new signature scent!My birthday is coming up, one of the things on my wish list will be the Chance body lotion, so that I can layer it with the perfume & make it last longer. I would say to those of you who are not sure whether you like this fragrance or not, just wear it a little more often & I bet it will grow on you also!

on 2/5/2003 1:24:00 PM

I got a decant of this, so it might smell a little different if sprayed on instead of dabbed. I found this a pretty ordinary fragrance. Nice, fresh marine scent, but a little heavy and perfumey. I have a 1/3 oz. decant, and even if I did finish it, I feel no need to rebuy.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I think this is one of those "love it or hate it" smells. I first smelled thsis at Nordstrom and I thought it was nasty and much too strong, but then it aired out a little bit and I now I think it is an "OK" fragrance. I am not going to purchase it because I don't like any Chanel fragrances. I think they are better for a sophisticated, older woman than a teenager.

on 1/31/2003 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Just the retched smell of this coming from a magazine strip is enough to make me sick. This is the worst of the Chanel fragrances so far. This bothers me even more than NO.5.....and trust me that's not an easy feat. Way too much everything. It can't decide if it wants to be floral, fruity or oriental. Smells like Coco Mademoiselle on crack. Allergy prone beware

on 1/25/2003 10:20:00 PM

I've tested this a few times because I wasn't sure if I should purchase it. Initially I like the scent but the dry down can be overwhelming. So I finally decided I'll pass on this one. Don't think I would use very often.

I love, love, LOVE this scent! And, apparently, so does everyone else who smells it on me. I can't count the number of compliments I've gotten. My only warning is to be careful not to over spritz yourself, or it'll be too overpowering. I like to mist a little in the air and then run through it, so it's just a light layer of fragrance that draws a man in closer to smell it, instead of announcing to the world, "Hey! I'm wearing perfume!" ;)

UPDATE: I've since swapped this away because I've discovered my skin's highly sensitive to it. which is rotten, because I really DO love this scent! :P

on 1/12/2003 12:29:00 AM

Yummy. Doesn't smell so good straight from the bottle, but dries down smelling like patchouli, a little floral and almost like chocolate.

on 12/31/2002 8:01:00 AM

the sweetness is very wearable, i love wearing this into the office, feels very cheerful, and lasts (i guess some color this as being too strong) throughout the hectic day. one thing, i bought the bigger bottle which i wouldn't do next time b/c you really only need 2 squirts for the entire day so i'll probably have this bottel for a very long time (not that i'm complaining). i'd give it 5 lippies, but i'm a little put off by its marketing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

this is such a great product. the smell really suits me and i feel comfortable wearing it. the circle packaging is cute! and this smells great, i would recommend this for anyone young.

Popular Fragrances