Dermalogica Clean Start Bedtime for Breakouts

Dermalogica Clean Start Bedtime for Breakouts

3.9

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Salicylic Acid, PEG-32, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, PVM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Oleanolic Acid, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Porphyra Umbilicalis Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Glycerin, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Yeast Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Biotin, Panthenol, Caffeine, Niacinamide, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Camphor, 10-Hydroxydecanoic Acid, Sebacic Acid, 1, 10- Decanediol, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polysorbate 20, Dipropylene Glycol Isoceteth-20 Acetate, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Benzyl PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Zinc Gluconate, Zinc Acetate, Sodium Hydroxide.

on 11/24/2010 7:07:00 PM

I absolutely love this stuff. When i wake up the morning after putting this on, my skin looks smoother and less red. It does also help with acne. Its a bit expensive, but definitely worth a try for anyone with acne or redness.

on 9/11/2010 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used this product as part of the Clean Start kit. It is a clear gel and it gets absorbed into your skin quickly. I didn't find this as great as other reviewers had said. I had hoped for this to work miracles on my skin to clear my skin up but I don't think it helped. It didn't break my skin out either. So it just felt like it didn't do much, apart from providing some sort of hydration for my skin overnight. I may buy it again if it is on offer. But maybe not, since it didn't help my skin...

on 6/22/2010 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

i have been stressing out over my upcoming convocation and my europe trip the week after... and whenever i stress, my face breaks out, especially on the tip of my nose and my chin. i searched online for remedies on how to get rid of a new red painful pimple and on one of the sites a girl mentioned dermalogica. she specifically mentioned another product: clearing mattifier. but i had no clue where to purchase it in town and i needed something asap. i went to sephora to purchase last minute products for my trip and stumbled upon the clean start set! i chose this product over the others since it had so many rave reviews on this site... AND OMG! I'M LOVING THIS SO FAR! i've been using it for the past couple of nights and have already seen improvements in my skin after the first night. the huge red pimple on my nose was less swollen and the redness reduced quite a bit, still visible tho. also the little marks from previous pimples faded a bit.
... but what really got me happened this morning! i woke up and noticed that not only did it continue fighting my stress pimples, but that it also reduced the large black pores on my nose! i never used a product that ever did that! and because i focused the gel-like substance on the tip and not the bridge of my nose, i was able to compare my skin before and after use of the product!

so... all in all, just after a couple of uses, i have fallen head over heels for dermalogica! and i must say that it works much better than proactiv!

on 6/14/2010 4:57:00 PM

LOVE THIS STUFF! I have used it *almost* every night for the past 6 months. I remember though, within the first couple of days of using it, I saw improvement in my skin, especially with the redness of zits. Getting rid of the red really helps make them less noticeable. I used to suffer from cystic acne but am pleased to say that since using this product, I have not had 1. I still have a couple of teeny tiny under the skin bumps on my cheeks, but I usually extract those. They always come back though. Anyways, this stuff is great. It is non drying, not oily, doesn't really have a smell, and doesn't discolor my pillowcases at night. Everyday I wake up, my skin looks clear and bright! I know for a fact too that Licorice helps with acne scarring, and this product has it in it! My skin is more toned, no red, and finally clear! Yay!!!!

I've been looking for a replacement for the Neutrogena Clear Pore nighttime gel for years and this seems to be it. It has the same ingredients plus a lot more plant extracts and although I've not been using it for that long, has really good results in making my skin look clearer and drying up existing blemishes. I have dry skin and am not a teen, but find salicylic acid products really beneficial for removing the dry layer that can clog my skin. The consistency is quite thin and it dries quickly, I put a moisturiser on over the top. Only problem would be that you have to be careful opening the tube as it's thin, so it can squirt out. But otherwise great, another Dermalogica find.

on 4/11/2010 7:00:00 PM

I received this as a sample from a sephora kit.

So far, I love this stuff! It smells fantastic, not medecine-y whatsoever. It helps in reducing my chances of breakouts and has reduced the amounts of pimples that I have gotten.

When I run out of the little packet that I have. I will definitely be buying the large tube. From what I saw in sephora it was $30 CDN. Pricey yes, but so worth it.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a great BHA product. It doesn't dry out the face, but clarifies it gently. I always wake up to brighter, cleaner skin after using it. definitely reduces the chances of breaking out, though something stronger is needed if there are already pimples.

on 1/24/2010 10:27:00 AM

I got the Clean Start starter kit two weeks ago and already my skin is completely clear. I don't much like the smell of this product but I don't care because it does such a good job! If I have any spots, I just cover my face in this product before I go to bed and by morning, my skin is clear, smooth and not red at all. It even dealt really well with the nasty breakouts I get around my period - it was nothing compared to usual! I will definitely be buying a full sized bottle when I run out.

on 12/11/2009 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is still my favorite night time moisturizer after many years. It is very hydrating but never oily feeling, and always my saving grace when I screw up my skin with another new product. I put it on at night and add a few drops of Burt's Bees Ageless Oil during the winter months when I am alternating retin-A and glycolic. If I fall asleep before this last step in my nightly routine, my skin just doesn't have that supple, moist feeling in the morning. I can tell at my first look in the mirror because I don't have that even toned clarity from being properly moisturized. I have tried so many and have my favorites, particularly the AGE Interrupter, but Intensive Moisture Balance is my favorite night time moisturizer. There are countless nutrient rich ingredients in this formulation. The scent is somewhat medicinal to me but not perfumey or overpowering.

on 11/18/2009 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have dehydrated, normal to oily, slightly sensitive dehydrated skin with closed comedones.

My skin has certainly evened out using this product with the cleanstart daily matte thinger. A lot of my congestion has come close to the surface so I can extract it and other has cleared up on it's own. I have been using it with Yonka dermols to boost the hydration, especially in the winter. I really love salicylic acid and am allergic to benzoyl peroxide so this product has been great!