theBalm Cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter

theBalm Cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

I don't know if it's just me but whenever I apply it, it makes my foundation cake especially on my cheekbones area. I tried applying it with a fan brush, my fingers and other stuffs but it messes like crazy

on 12/7/2016 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I bought this off of hautelook for a discounted price (idk like 11ish dollars) at least 3 years ago. it looks great on my tan skin (mac nc40). you can build it up or keep it more natural looking. I love this so much. it's one of my favorite highlighters I own as well as one of the first ones I've purchased, don't really have anything negative to say. if you own benefit watts up this looks BEAUTIFUL layered on top of that.

on 12/7/2016 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

What a super highlighter. A little goes a long way and it stays on your skin all day. It makes an amazing inner corner highlighter on the eyes too.

For the price it is awesome!a nice pale gold glow! I always use a liquid high lighter as a base then add this powder and it lasts all day and super pigmented! I have 2 I love it that much,the packaging could be a little bit better but I still will buy more if I ever run out

on 12/4/2016 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm a highlighter addict! I am powerless to resist that fake glow. So of course I had to try Mary-Lou Manizer, and I can happily say I have no regrets. Packaging is cute, but a bit kitschy for my taste, I prefer something sleeker and more elegant. However the compact is nice and functional. Price a bit high for what is, in all honesty, a shimmery powder. The color pay off is strong and extremely striking. If you're looking for a subtle highlight, very easy to accidentally go overboard with this one. The color is a light champagne-ish yellow gold, and the feel is beautiful and very buttery. Every now and then I catch a visible sparkle in this highlight. On me the color isn't particularly natural looking, but it is very pretty. So as a traditional highlight I prefer this for evening. However, I wear it almost everyday as eyeshadow! It makes my eyes look alive but you can barely tell it's there. So a good product that I get lots of use out of, but if you're a "natural" makeup person, I would go with the cream version of Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector. (That's my ride or die, I will never be without highlight.) Because Mary-Lou Manizer is a powder, I think it can accentuate pores if you just slap it on. Not much margin for error. Gotta say though, if you wanna treat yourself for not TOO much money, this product probably won't disappoint.

It's a gorgeous shade, medium level of "shiness" but along the day no matter how much you've applied, it exaggerates your skin texture.

on 11/24/2016 1:24:00 AM

Just love this packaging it reminds me of a vintage tin my grandmother used to carry back in the 70s Love the subtle highlights that it brings to my face just beautiful

on 11/23/2016 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Love this highlighter! It's a beautiful pale gold, with a smooth texture, no glitter, a beautiful sheen that can be super intense with layering or by wetting with a setting spray. One of my favorite highlighters of all time, and I'm a highlight junkie!

on 11/23/2016 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

one of my favorite highlighters for sure. i am fair with yellow undertones and the golden reflectiveness (is that a word?) of mary lou-manizer compliments my skin tone perfectly. it's not glittery or chunky, the smooth texture is buttery and beautiful. it lasts all day for me. no skin reactions, no scent.

PROS:
- NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS
- beautiful texture
- very pigmented
- no glittery chunks
- cute packaging, compact has a nice mirror
- product lasts a long time, even with everyday use
- versatile can be used for highlight on face, lips, eyes, body
- lasts on skin all day
- non scented

CONS:
- a little pricier than i would like

on 11/17/2016 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I love this highlighter! Its very buttery and pigmented and blends very well to a natural glossy finish.