theBalm Cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter

theBalm Cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

on 3/13/2017 8:55:00 AM

This was my first ever highlighter and it's still one of my favorites. It has a beautiful color and really pops on the cheeks. Great for light to fair skin!

I was so excited to try this out as so many people raved about it. However, I am very disappointed that this product is not pigmented at all. It does not really show up on my pale skin with warm undertone even after layering it on a couple of times. I would like my highlighter to pop and look glowy on my skin but this looks flat and powdery. It is a powdery texture with tiny specks of glitter. It is overpriced for it's quality.

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Holy grail highlight I wear it Everytime I wear makeup, I love it I've repurchased & it's my favorite highlight

on 3/4/2017 11:08:00 PM

Well hello Mary-Lou! So I dropped this item into my Sephora cart because I wanted to hit the free shipping option. Yes, there were other things that I could have gotten instead but, well, I had wanted a warm-toned highlighter for the longest time. And this was certified and approved for warm tones. Tried it out last night and holy smoothness! The glow is akin to a sheen rather than a blinding ray of light, which I appreciated. Complimented my red lips and neutral eyes well. My major complaint would be due to the price. It's expensive when you take the shabby packaging into account.

on 3/4/2017 8:51:00 AM

I have seen this around for years in Singapore and I always steered clear due to its cheap packaging and unknown brand name. However recently with highlighting being the latest craze, this product is always being mentioned by American bloggers and I had to try it. It is buttery soft with a beautiful champagne Colour, easy to use and apply without looking like a disco light. However my main gripe is that this is not a eye blinding highlighter and it's too similar to wet n wilds' bronzer ( reserve my cabana ) which is cheaper and has a texture that makes it easier to use.

on 3/3/2017 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Most intense highlighter i own. It feels like butter when you swatch it. It blends into my skin flawlessly. And it's affordable with cute packaging.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Bought this on sale on amazon, best place to buy this is on prime btw, and I really love it. One of the OG highlighters, this champagne shade is still holding it's own after all of these years. The texture is nice and creamy, it is more shimmery than sparkly or chalky, and the product will last forever.
Not too warm or cool, this works with any eye-look, and this shade in particular is great for light-medium skintones. I've heard the darker shades aren't as good, but I know that this one is amazing. The highlight would be good for beginners or pros, and if you buy it on sale from amazon like I did it can be quite a good deal!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Mary Loumanizer is pretty but it's definitely overrated. I think it was one of the first intense highlighters on the market so I know why it as a cult following. I loved it alot when I first bought it but now there's so many more and better options on the market.

Pros - it's a pretty champagne white highlighter, it's definitely one of the lighter highlighters I own. It's also not metallicly intense, so looks more natural than some others.

Cons - it's ridiculously soft packed and if you just accidentally knock or tap it, it will break. You definitely can't travel with it.
Also it's just a little too powdery looking for me, I prefer a highlighter that pops more and looks more smooth and glowy. Also, thebalm products are marked up super high and id never pay full price on this. Definirely buy it when it is 50% off, which happens around 4 times a year on the balm website.

Alternatives I prefer:
Essence pure nude highlighter (only $4 from ULTA, same looking but less likely to break and looks more natural, less powdery)
elf baked highlighter in blush gems (cheaper)
Opal or Champagne Pop by Becca (more expensive)

on 2/14/2017 8:15:00 PM

Love, love, love! This is perfect on my pale winter skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This highlighter is just ok for me. I don't find this highlighter to be that pigmented, and find that it gives you more of a natural glow vs. a "wam bam" highlight, which is what I typically prefer. This is way less pigmented than my Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector. I have very fair skin and find that this is a much more suitable champagney-highlight for fair skin instead of Champagne Pop (which is way too orange for me). If you want a natural, champagne highlight it might be for you, but otherwise I'd skip it.