theBalm Cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter

theBalm Cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

on 11/14/2017 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

$24.00 for 3 oz.at thebalm website

Description from the website:
Meet Mary-Lou Manizer, a seemingly innocent honey-hued luminizer that catches everybody’s eye. This highlighter, shadow and shimmer diffuses light so your skin looks softer and younger while adding a subtle

If you want a highlighter that shows with just one swipe, this is it. Highly pigmented, a lovely champagne shade, no chunky glitter. I also like to lightly dust it on my color bone and shoulders sometimes. You can build to a blinding highlight if that’s what you want. I also love how it highlights without emphasizing texture and looks very smooth with a subtle natural glow. If I get a bit too much I use use a sponge and dab some off. It also looks nice on the brow bone. inner corner of eyes, or added to eye shadows. If I want a little shimmer on some of my mattes, I add some Mary Lou sometimes.

I also think that the packaging is cute, the compact is sturdy, has a mirror and you get a lot of product.

BEWARE of the ones being sold at Walmart for around 13.00 and change. Walmart uses 3rd party sellers and they do not back the product. I have read where some say it is not the real thing and is a cheap counterfeit item from China. I order mine from thebalm website where I know its fresh and authentic.

Ingredients:
MICA, ISOEICOSANE, POLYETHYLENE, BORON NITRIDE, POLYISOBUTENE, PTFE, SILICA, SYNTHETIC WAX, DIMETHICONE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDE (CI 77491).

on 11/11/2017 8:56:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is by far one of my favourite highlighters. Full stop. The pigmentation is divine, and the colour is a light gold-which is completely universal (some people say it doesn't look good on people with fair skin but I would disagree). The product itself is so buttery and sits on the skin so nicely- and can build it up from a subtle healthy glow to a disco ball on your face. It even comes with a handy mirror. My ONLY two downsides with this product are
-the price has gone up (cry) from £15/or so to now £20 which is generally dissappointing
-the packaging - because you have to put your fingers under this clicker thingy to open the product up - this motion has been damaging the powder which is now beginning to break up and crack!! This hasn't just happened to me but also my sister and friends too (I would consider myself quite gentle when I open it as well). Because of this I don't take it out with me in a makeup bag anymore.
Otherwise I absolutely love this product.

on 11/8/2017 3:57:00 PM

A champagne pale white gold with a lighthand not too over the top on my pale skin. Its does have that wet look since its silvery gold. Im around nc20 or nw20 in mac and this looks good but not perfect since i rather have a even more natural highlight, this can be a bit much because the undertone leans yellow. I wont repurchase because i doubt id hit pan ever. Lol its a lot of product and i dont wear highlight everyday.

I gave this away. I guess i got tired of it and now i kind of wish i had it again lol but theres soooo many highlighters out there now that i found this to be boring. Colourpop lunch money is a dupe for 8 dollars. I guess i was serious when i said i wouldnt repurchase. I remmeber this color sometimes would remind me of mac nylon. It leans to the yellow side of silver if that makes sense and i didnt like it too much. Anyways i care about packaging and i just didnt like this sitting in my collection, it looks cheap and ive notice a lot of fake ones out there in the market so i always feel like i have the fake one even though it was a nice highlighter i didnt care for it much. I guess i grew out of the blinding highlight rend.

on 11/1/2017 9:22:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I would recommend this highlight for anyone with texture because it's SUPER smooth and accentuates NOTHING. makes your skin look flawless and like the light's hitting you JUST right. It's very wet and metallic looking but so smooth and glossy that it still appears somewhat natural.

If you're anywhere from fair to tan in skin tone (with warm undertones) this will look very natural on you (I'm a medium or medium/tan sometimes), but my friend with a deep skin tone loves it too. You can easily get away with this if you have a deep skin tone if you build it up subtly at first and take care to blend. Or, if you're like my friend and like a very stark highlight, pack it on. It's the kind of highlight that is purely reflective, as in invisible when viewed straight on yet very noticeable only when the light hits it, that's why it can work for a variety of skin tones.

I will say though that I've noticed it makes me look oily throughout the day faster than other highlighters I own, maybe because it's such a creamy powder. That's the only down side I've noticed.

Amazing highlighter for light skin tones.

on 10/30/2017 9:33:00 AM

I received this as a sample from ipsy, and it's the only highlight i use now. The soft champagne color looks amazing on light skin. Its very buildable and I love that it isnt too harsh or glittery. I will be buying a full size soon.

on 10/27/2017 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm very pale but it works on my skin tone. I was afraid it will be too dark for me but it's perfect! It's not a blinding highlight but it's not that natural either (although, with a light hand you could get that finish). A bit pricy but I think for a highlighter it's not too much because you don't use a lot of it on a daily basis. Good packaging with a mirror, which is always a plus.

on 10/17/2017 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is a great highlighter for light-medium skintones. I love the fact that it isn't glittery and has a lovely champagne sheen when applied to the face. I'd recommend using a setting spray over it to make it really pop, or to damp your brush before applying it with a setting spray as it really enhances the glow. It suits my NC30 skin really well and I have no qualms with it at all- it comes in a large pan too, so you wouldn't run out of it in a hurry. The only reason I would not repurchase is that for the price point (£20), I could purchase other high-end highlighters I really want to try instead. However, on the whole, I really do like Mary Lou and use it regularly,

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hot damn, a highlighter for us pale warm gals. FINALLY. Thank thee heavens that the makeup mavens at The Balm thought of us. <3

on 9/25/2017 3:03:00 PM

Absolutely adorable product! It's a lovely subtle warm highlighter that gives that natural glow to your cheeks, rather than those forced and heavy glitter bombs you often see. I've used it for almost a year, but it turned pretty chalky by now (the packaging does say that the product lasts 12 months, but still, I expected it to last a bit longer) so I now mostly use it for the mirror. It's really a statement product now. On my cheeks it just breaks the foundation/powder I apply it on. I still love it though but I'm not sure if I would spend another 20 Euros on a highlighter.