theBalm Cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter

theBalm Cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

on 3/23/2018 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is my holy grail highlighter, its glowy, radiant, and beautiful. I like that it doesn't have an overbearing sparkle or glitter. Great packaging too.

on 3/16/2018 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

So this baby is a cult classic. It’s the default-always-looks-good highlighter/shimmer. It’s just a really lovely decently sized compact with a beautiful pearly pale gold formulated shimmer inside. The powder isn’t so finely milled that it’d give you that “wet” look, but, it does always give a very beautiful pigmented sheen that I personally adore. Is a safe bet, from a bomb company, and the packaging is cute AF. So glad I got it.

This caught my eye when I was walking down the makeup isle at Kohl's. I'm not familiar with TheBalm, but I swatched the tester for this product on my hand and was surprisingly impressed! I was excited when I received a sample size in my monthly Ipsy bag. The shade is a creamy champagne that looks beautiful on my pale skin. The shimmer is there, but very fine so that it doesn't look cheap. I wouldn't call this a blinding highlight, it has a natural appearance that is still noticeable and makes your cheeks look "lit from within". This is one of the better powder highlights that I've tried. I can see this working for women of all ages and skin types! This lasted all day for me when I applied on top of my foundation and blush. I also have sensitive skin and this product didn't cause any issues for me.

on 2/5/2018 12:37:00 PM

I use this highlighter daily! For me, it provide a really nice glow that doesn't make me look like I threw glitter on my face. It lasts all day long and I get so many compliments on it. My only complaint is that the compact itself can be a little difficult to open, but otherwise this product is a must have.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This highlighter looks muddy on my skin. Good under direct sunlight, but it looks ashy at all other times when the sun isn't out.
I'm also not a big fan of powdery texture with random glitter pieces. I want my highlight to look natural and this one doesn't fit the bill.

I like this product however it doesn’t have the blinding aspect I wanted. It is buildable to an extent and does last for a while. However i do feel I have a lot better and cheaper highlights. I feel the price is too higher really and for that reason I wouldn’t burnt again. However if you do like a natural glow this may be something to consider but I would recommend saving some money on a cheaper product which could do the same e.g. essence highlight

on 1/9/2018 12:24:00 AM

This is my dream highlighter. Glowy, vibrant, luxurious - the whole nine yards.

The color is what I would describe as a creamy white gold. It's not a harsh or unnerving color, but it is eye-catching. It's shimmery, but not glittery. I've yet to come across any glitter or chunks in this product. It is soft to the touch, and very finely milled.

I usually use my beloved Real Techniques Setting Brush with Mary Lou, but you can also use a fan brush or any other highlighter brush. In my experience, the product picks up nicely on any brush, and doesn't get powder kick up like other highlighters. It applies very well. You can easily use a fan brush to dust a small amount on, or really go wild and pack it on with a smaller brush (which is what I tend to do). Either way, it achieves its goal of glowing. Aside from the cheekbones, I also like to use it as a more intense inner corner highlight.

One of my favorite qualities of this highlighter, however, is its EXCELLENT longevity. It beats all my other highlighters (and most all of my face products, period!) for wear time. I apply it everyday at six AM, and, lo and behold, it's perfectly intact when I wash my face at eight PM! While sure, most of my makeup is still *there*, Mary Lou looks freshly applied. Mind you, this is without a single touch-up.

I would HIGHLY recommend Mary Lou Manizer! It has a pretty color, glorious glow, and fantastic wear time. Plus, although $24 isn't cheap, there is a fair amount of product in the pan - 0.3 oz.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I find this product incredibly versatile. It's a lovely neutral champagne powder with a superfine fine, dense shimmer. It works well layered over a beige eyeshadow for some interest, or in the inner corners of my eyes as a highlight, or applied with a finger to the center of my eyelid for a different effect, or the center of the lips after applying lip product for a pretty look... I have yet to run out of ways to use this product. Oddly enough, the one way I have never used it is as a traditional highlighter. I have too much fun playing with it. One compact will last you a long time, making it a great value.

on 12/8/2017 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love love love!!!! This gorgeous rose/champagne highlighter is not full of glitter, instead it’s a fine shimmer that would work on any skin tone. The powder is highly pigmented and it applies like a dream. All I need is one swipe with my RT setting brush for a serious glow up. The packaging is super cute and it’s slim, which is great for travel. Loving TheBalm as of late!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I don’t like it.It looks super glittery,like chunks of actual glitter on my cheekbones.It doesn’t blend nicely or suit my olive skin tone.It looks like an eyeshadow fall out.I really wanted to love this and had high hopes for it,but it obviously doesn’t work for everyone.It just looks so unnatural and like I used a cheap eyeshadow to highlight.