theBalm Cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter

theBalm Cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I absolutely adore this highlighter - I just wish it wasn't so expensive but it's one of my favourite ones I've ever tried.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Mary Lou was the first higher end highlighter I ever used. I was skeptical about it at first but after a few uses, I was sold. It’s a light gold that can really beam if packed on or with less, can make you look heathily shiny. In my experience, it has to be packed up to the intensity I love. I typically love a blinding highlight. If I don’t know what to use, I tend to reach for this one. The price isn’t too steep either and it lasts for hours during an event. I’ve made a big dent in mine, which goes to show how much I have reached for it over the years. A fuss free product and I understand the cult following behind it, give it a try if you’d like.

on 12/7/2018 10:23:00 AM

It’s a very natural highlight but definitely buildable, although a little bit light I feel like it would fit a lot of skin tones.

I LOVE this highlighter. I have very pale skin so I always struggle to find highlighters that actually look natural on my skin- this one does. This product has the most beautiful glow and is very finely milled so doesn’t look heavy

on 11/26/2018 10:26:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Great highlighter! Not too glittery just gives a gorgeous sheen wherever you apply it. Love it for the inner corners of my eye as well as cheekbones and cupids bow. Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is my favorite highlighter ever! It has a beautiful shine that is perfect for any occasion. It is perfectly dewy....not cakey at all. Some highlighters show imperfections when it comes to the way they make my pores look, but not this one. The packaging is adorable, and also sturdy enough ( some of my products break so easily... even expensive brands!)
It came with a mini highlighter that is great for travel. I love, love, love this one!!!

on 7/5/2018 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is my HG face highlighter! The Mary-Lou is definitely for warm skin toned gals. If you are cool toned you will need to get the Cindy-Lou which is the sister highlighter. But back to this product, Mary-Lou...holy cannoli! Does it ever make a beautiful finish and my last step in my make-up. It is completely buildable and you can make it as subtle or as dramatic as you want and totally gives a beautiful affect to your face.

It would be helpful if you knew what the "triangle of light" is as you apply it to your face for the best result.

I have repurchased this as a back up.

on 4/17/2018 4:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This was my first highlighter. I still love it. The shade is a true champagne. The formula is beautiful, creamy, glossy, without any glitter particles and does not emphasize texture. It can be built up to be very blinding. I would definitely recommend this.

on 4/3/2018 1:44:00 PM

Would not recommend this for dry skin or people without flawless skin as this sinks into pores and accentuates imperfections on face. This also isn't for people who wish natural and subtle "from within" type of glow-- nor is this for insta blaaaaaang that can blind. This is their love child that applies highly pigmented and creamy and can built up to (almost0 insta blaaaaaaang.

PROS:
Talc-free
Paraben-free
Good color playoff
Looks fantastic on darker/warmer gals with good skin texture
Seems to be "universally flattering" for all skintones... except for the very cool skintones

CONS:
Contains TEFLON (yeah... THAT SUPER HAZARDOUS TEFLON)
Applies chalky when my skin isn't perfect-- may not work so well on drier skins
Maybe a bit too warm for super cool-tone gals

This is a beautiful product, but not a HG for me though I really wanted it to be-- it certainly seems to be a cult favorite and looks AMAZING on my warmer toned friend with normal skin. This is a highlighter for those who don't want subtle (like Becca liquid illuminators) but for people who want a bit of BLING on their face without going INSTA highlighter (though when built up and that is the look one wants, it certainly could be accomplished). Just wish this didn't contain TEFLON (it's in their blushes and eye shadows too). Would not purchase again and too bad because theBalm is one of my TOP beauty brands.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Mary-Lou Manizer could be considered a cult product, this light gold champagne colored highlighter will almost look good on all skintones. On my NC30 skintone it gave a light golden sheen that did not look frosty, it will give you a subtle sheen if you use a light hand or a heavy highlight if you build it up. Packaging is retro cute, with mirror! The powder is very soft and can kick up a little dust but it will last you a long time!