e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder

4.1

Sheer: Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Sodium Dehydroacetate

on 10/12/2014 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this powder. it works really great to keep makeup on before and after I apply my face make up. I have this in clear and yellow. I prefer the yellow because I find it difficult to find good color matches for my warm, Asian, skin tone, and the yellow (only when applied when face makeup is still wet) helps make it more warm toned. neither of them leaves a residue or show up in photos. neither of them change the shade of the foundation/concealer, just the undertone. it's great for the price, but I do prefer the MUFE HD powder. that one is a lot more expensive tho so I don't buy it very often. MUFE keeps me matte for a couple more hours, but the overall effect is the same. the powders are equally fine.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Did you ever have one of those face-palm moments? When you want to give yourself a Gibbs-slap? Yeah, me too. I wish I'd known about this before I bought the MUFE HD powder. In my defense I didn't know E.L.F existed at the time. If I knew then what I...grrr!

Okay, now I feel better. A bit.

I know that E.L.F is a bit (a lot) hit-and-miss, but this HD powder got such wonderful reviews that I had to try it myself.

If you were to take the MUFE product out of the container and did the same with the E.L.F version, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Truly, you wouldn't. As with the MUFE powder, it pretty much is a case where it does exactly as promised. I'm probably the millionth person to say this, too: A little goes a LONG way! We're going for a polished look, not a "Ohai I just woke up in the morgue" look.

There really isn't a whole lot more I can say which hasn't been said better by someone else though I do have a hint of advice:

Before you walk out of the door, get your friend, your spouse, heck even your kids, to take a photo WITH THE FLASH beforehand to make sure you're not doing "a Kidman".

(Yes I made that term up but it stems from the truth - Nicole's white splotchies have become the classic example of "when white powder goes wrong")

Otherwise, believe me - I'm bitter enough for all of us because I didn't find E.L.F's version before MUFE, so just enjoy your product. It's SO worth it!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased the translucent powder while I was going to a photo shoot and needed some setting powder. Don't let the color scare you, it goes on almost invisibly but you must blend to make sure there are no thicker spots of powder on your face because a camera flash will pick it up (See: Angelina Jolie's Powder Incident, it happens to the best of us). It is easy to overlook the blending because the powder doesn't look especially white on the skin, especially on fair skin but just be aware of where you're putting it on and make sure to blend it well. The texture of this powder is very silky and smooth. I have some more expensive versions of these HD powders but this one does the trick just as well! The sifter can get messy so just make sure you have it upright when you open the lid and either leave the plastic cover over the sifter or leave the powder puff to cover the holes. Definitely a good buy for the cost!

I love this stuff ! I don't like wearing normal colored powder because it tends to exaggerate my imperfections and/or look cakey, so I was trying to find an alternative with the purpose of setting my foundation and controlling oil. This product works ! I do use the sponge it comes with, I just blot the product around my face, and to avoid the white film I just run my hands over my face as if I was feeling the softness of my cheeks.

I do not know why people said negative things about the packaging. I've had the same packaging for it for about a year and a half. I've never spilled it , and never had the powder end up everywhere. As long as you keep the sponge in the package, it will prevent the product from 'exploding' or ending up messy. Even if you don't use the sponge, keep it in the package to prevent messes !

I love this and will not search for an alternative. E.L.F. Got it right. Lasts all day, mattifies, controls oil, with no white cast.

on 7/18/2014 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one time E.L.F. has vastly improved their track record of problematic packaging. This loose powder has a screw-on cap. The jar is square-ish and chic black. The powder is truly sheer and mattes well. I left half of the plastic over the sifter holes which allows enough product to come out but helps control the messy factor. This seems comparable to NYX's high definition powder at a much better price ($6 at Target). EDIT: Upon closer observation I notice this does have a subtle sparkle which is probably a characteristic of mica. Not a problem except in direct sun when it definitely shows up.

on 7/3/2014 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really love this powder, its just as good as the more expensive HD powders out there. The only reason its getting 4 lippies instead of 5 is due to the packaging. I hate that the jar doesn't close fully. I can't travel with it without making a mess unless I tape the holes in the sifter. Even daily use causes a loss of product along bottom rim. I don't understand why they can't use a sifter jar that closes fully.

on 7/2/2014 3:08:00 PM

I love this loose powder! It is very lightweight and helps with blending for a natural look. I dislike the packaging. I put this on with a brush not with the powder puff thing it comes with. I wish it had packaging like Mary Kay's finishing powder or bare minerals containers. If you take the puff out then you will have way too much coming out when you open the tip. Beware.

on 6/23/2014 4:17:00 PM

I really like this powder it really does what it says and refines pores and wrinkles and is HD ready, this isn't how ever for dry skin this can be used on darker skin, just need to be lightly dusted not pressed on. I love it, compare to makeup forever HD powder.

on 6/20/2014 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is great! Helps keep the shine down during summer and gives me a subtle ethereal glow. Never noticed it giving me a white cast in any kind of harsh or bright light and it's never caused me to break out. I like to use a the enclosed puff to apply it, and I do replace that frequently.

on 6/3/2014 10:59:00 AM

i can't believe there aren't any reviews on this yet. i've only just bought this over the weekend, but WOW! Softens features & imperfections (especially for the camera)

Little is more with this product. If you put too much on, it will leave a white cast on you. Packaging isn't the best and its a bit messy. I've been applying with my E.L.F studio powder brush.

If you are dark skinned toned, this may not be the right shade for you. (they also offer in yellow & "shimmer"((which is a pale pink/beige with giltter))