e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder

4.1

Sheer: Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Sodium Dehydroacetate

on 3/10/2015 9:56:00 AM

This is a great high def powder for the price. I was using MUFE hd powder and liked it very much. I spotted this Elf powder for cheap and decided to give it a try. I don't think most people would be able to tell the difference between the two. So, I'm very pleased. I will definitely buy again though this is a large container that will last for a long time as I rarely reapply it. I don't have oily skin or shine issues. My skin is normal. This powder gives a nice matte finish without using much. The container isn't bad. I don't toss mine around so it doesn't spill out of the sifter. The powder puff is nice. It's just bulky and the plastic seems cheap compared to other packages but no biggie since it is cheap! Anyway, good stuff!

on 2/25/2015 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had several photoshoots I had to do for an event recently and so I decided to give this a test run. From what I've seen of the photos (and from wearing every now and then during the day) this powder did not disappoint. Got rid of shine/oily issues on my forehead, cheeks, and nose, added to the smooth silky feel that other e.l.f. products gave me and overall just helped smooth out my features. I'm really happy with this product, since I was dreading getting oily faced images back after shooting.
Only issue: the packaging. It's cute, I'll give it that, but ridiculously bulky. It took up so much room in my makeup bag when I traveled, and I was saddened I could not put it in my purse to just do a touch up before a shoot (used a different e.l.f. product instead). Also the way you get powder on the puff is a little awkward, but I guess it helps give you just enough instead of too much.

on 2/10/2015 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the texture of this powder. It is almost the same as the Makeup Forever HD Definition Powder which I've got. When I tried it on my hand, I fell in love with it.

Alas, it didn't do justice for me. I usually powder my face with a brush after applying BB Cream. And it just gives me that beautiful matte glowy skin. However, using the same technique with this powder doesn't cut it. It just flakes on my skin upon application. Initially, I thought it was because I was using a brush, so I tried using the Puff that came with it. It ended with the same result, flakes on my face.

I am disappointed by the results after reading all the hype about it but I suppose, it's probably just me seeing that everyone else gets great results from it.

on 1/13/2015 2:40:00 PM

A complete dupe for MUFE HD powder. Nice packaging, great product, low price. The powder is completely transparent on your skin and does a great job of mattifying and blurring. It doesn't get any better than this!

I was really curious about the good reviews on this product, as I'm kind of a powder junkie. I have this in the original and the yellow. I wanted this product for oil control, but it's pretty bad at it. I'm oily within 3 hours. Rimmel Stay Matte does a better job, for less money and with less mess.

However, the powder is extremely silky. It has a good slip and makes the skin very smooth. It's a bit too pale and doesn't serve my purposes so I only give it 2 stars. Someone with dry or normal skin will probably like this better. But I think there are better powders out there, like Mac Prep & Prime or Coastal Scents silica powder.

I will credit it for having a yellow tone. I always want yellow powders since my neck is so yellow but I've since discovered Meow Cosmetics and now I'll never go back to this.

on 12/12/2014 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just received this two days ago -- I'll compare it to It Cosmetics expensive No More Pores powder because it feels exactly the same. I have used it now for 2 days and no irritation, breakouts, etc. I got this during ELF's buy one get one free event -- SO CHEAP! Love it.

on 12/2/2014 10:42:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Amazing!!!!!! Keep sticker on that's covering the holes. Take a pin. Pop out a few holes in sticker. Less mess. Tada!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't usually like powder makeup but this is amazing! Just make sure to take care of how much is picked up on your brush. With the right amount, my highlighting looks subtle but natural! It lasts for a long time as well and controls my oily skin.
There's a lot of this powder in the package too! I've had mine for 3 years and I've used it almost whenever I put on makeup.

I love this product. I have it in white and yellow tone. I have had a travel size of the MUFE HD setting powder and the white color of this is very nearly the same. It does an excellent job of setting the face. The yellow is a dupe for Ben Nye Banana Powder. I use both. I use the yellow under my eye area to set the concealer and brighten the area a little and the white all over the face. Some people complain that this gives them a white cast, and just like any other "translucent" powder, this can be a problem if you use too much, so do use it sparingly. It does give a bit of the "HD" finish to the skin where it helps camouflage pores a bit, but it is a veil and not a pore filler so its not going to make them completely disappear but it does blur them a bit. I have larger pores around my nose and upper cheek area and if I use a pore filler and this it does a pretty decent job of minimizing them.

It sets wonderfully, mattifies the face well for a fair amount of time and mildly blurs imperfections. I can't ask much more from a powder.

on 10/15/2014 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. I love the square matte black case, the puff and the powder. The powder is very, very fine and silky. I have it in the translucent and the powder is a bright white. I press the powder into my skin and then buff a bit with a kabuki brush to give a soft, air brushed finish. It gives kind of a soft-focus look to your skin that is very flattering and makes my cheekbones pop. I find that it doesn't last all day, but as it is a powder, I didn't expect it to. Only $6 online at elf