e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder

4.1

Sheer: Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Sodium Dehydroacetate

on 6/11/2015 1:01:00 AM

This powder controlled any oily areas for about 4 to 5 hours,it made my makeup last longer too. The packaging is not the best in my opinion when u open and close the container it spills out over the edges.I think it'd be better in a sifter container so it wouldn't spill out. It's only $6 I'll use what I have but wouldn't purchase again.

on 6/5/2015 6:57:00 PM

I really enjoy this product when I'm going for a more matte, formal look. Sadly, I had to retire my container for the summer because it was not the best option. I never experienced flashback from this product, even when I wore it to prom. Granted, I am quite pale, but I did not notice any white spots when buffed into my skin. I don't have very oily skin, so I don't know how well it works as an oil controller.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I bought this powder a little while ago and when I first bought it, I honestly didn't care for it much.
Flash forward to last week. My face is ridiculously, appallingly oily. I don't know what happened because my skin had been really good for the month before that and then boom, I wake up one morning and the situation is tragic.
Like an hour after I wash my face, it's already REALLY oily. No amount of blotting paper has been helping the situation. And the heat/my sweat is not helping the situation.
The bb cream I've been is consumed by the oil by the time I make it out of class.
I had been using Rimmel Stay Matte powder but I dropped it and both the case and the product shattered a couple of weeks and I didn't want to have to replace it, when I remembered about this.
I put it on after the sunscreen, but before the bb cream and then again after the bb cream. Honestly I definitely used way too much, because my face had a little bit of a white tint to it after, but I didn't want to have to bring it with me because the packaging is so big and bulky.
Lemme tell you, it worked wonders. It's been 8 hours and I sat through a two hour class, a two hour subway commute, and a two mile walk in the heat and I'm only a little shiny/oily! Like compared to the grease fest my face was yesterday, this is a dream. I like it a lot better than I liked Stay Matte.

tl;dr: Keeps oil at bay a lot better than expected, but the packaging is super annoying (took off a point for that). Definitely buying again!

on 5/8/2015 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i got this powder yesterday in the mail and today is the first day i've used it. i can't comment on any effects it had on my skin long term (however my skin isnt particularly sensitive and in general ive never had a powder which makes me break out or irritates my skin so i doubt there will be any issue with this one), but let me just say i have pretty oily skin and i also work in air conditioned offices for 9 hours a day, and by the late morning my skin is usually an oil slick. im now at the end of my working day and my skin is still as matte as it was when i first put the powder on. ive even tried blotting my skin with a tissue like i usually do and there is nothing coming off onto the tissue whatsoever. when i put the powder on with the little puff that comes in the packaging, it was quite white but i blended it out with a powder brush and the result was perfect. if this powder continues to work as it has today, this powder will be my HG! i love it.

on 4/28/2015 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a perfect dupe for Make Up Forever's HD powder. It has the same ingredients and looks and feels exactly the same. It works really well and doesn't sink into fine lines and pores. It also smooths and blurs little imperfections. I use it over my foundation (Dior Forever Flawless) and it gives me a beautiful finish. However, if you use too much, you run the risk of looking very pale because the powder itself is white although if you use the correct amount, it's invisible on the skin. So be sparing when applying it. I can't believe I ever spent $30 for the MUF powder when for $6, the ELF powder does the same exact thing! Who knew? I'm so glad I found a makeup guru's tutorial on youtube that recommended the ELF product. And I could swear that there's actually more product in the ELF package. So good benefits all around. I definitely recommend this powder. You don't need to spend more for the same thing:)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have both the regular white one and the Shimmer shade. Yes I know, shimmer and by choice:)
Since the white one is well covered here as a very good alternative for the price to other HD powders, I will write about the shimmer shade.
Yes, it does have the sparkles but not as bad as you think. You want to have a good laugh, I try the extent of sprinkles by seeing my face in car's side window mirror in the sun.
If you use it over a matte foundation, it will give you some dewiness.
It did not add any oiliness look to my face. And the sprinkles did not last long either.
It is very similar to the Hard Candy Tiki highlighter (which I have and it's hard to find at the store shelf) if you use it on your cheekbones.
I place tape on little more than half of the box and it does not pour out ( just like the white one).
Would I buy it again, I can't, it's a lot of product!

on 4/19/2015 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Got this at a sale a few months back and have been using it quite often on my tzone. It's a very fine powder, but I wouldn't say it's a dupe for the MUFE HD powder, it can leave quite a white cast if you don't blend or buff it in. The amount of product that comes with it seems quite little, but then again you get what you pay for. I like the packaging design but it's a pain to get the powder out, there's quite a wastage of product there. Other than that, I quite like this powder, it sets, it's mattifying, looks great in pictures. I have read reviews that it's difficult to pick the product up with a brush cos of the silicone content/it's better to use the puff that comes with it, but I prefer using a brush. Overall a 3.5/5!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this about 2 years ago - in my first and last ELF tryout - I had the translucent (no pigment) version. I can't understand how anyone can compare this to MUFE, when you put MUFE loose powder on bare skin, it immediately sets and creates this beautiful area of silk splendor, when you put ELF powder on your bare skin it's very much like flour. They are a mile away from each other.
The container was almost full when I threw it away.
Yes, the price is unbeatable, but I wouldn't pay 1 cent for a product I won't use :)

So, I guess, if you're happy with overall quality of ELF products (which I am most definitely not) this might be a good choice.

on 4/13/2015 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This clear powder is a perfect dupe for Make Up Forever's HD powder. The ELF powder is $6 and the MUF is about $30. They contain the exact same ingredients and look and feel the same. They even contain the exact same amount of product. I have been using the Urban Decay Naked powder, which is tinted and costs $34. I had seen a YouTube review of several dupes and this dupe was included. The makeup guru definitely said not to waste money on MUF powder, that ELF was the exact same product. Well, the next time I was in Target, I bought some and much to my surprise, she was right! I've used both products and truthfully, I could never distinguish a difference between the two. Bravo! My local Target is frequently sold out of the HD powder, so I've ordered it online from ELF, buying several at a time to stock up. This is a great product and works so well. It smooths my skin and sets my foundation and blush and seems to control shine too. Better yet, it's totally invisible! What more could you ask for?

on 3/14/2015 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best loose setting powder i've ever used. I tried the «makeupforever HD loose powder» thinking it would be better quality since it's almost 4X more expensive, but I still prefer the E.L.F one. It keeps my skin matte longer!

-It keeps my oily skin matte all day long without looking cakey or drying it.
-It's translucent so it doesnt change the color of your liquid fondation.
-Leave a silky finish on skin that make the application of my blush, bronzer & highlight much easier.
- Super affordable

* TRICKS : I PUT A LITTLE BIT OF POWDER ON THE CAP OF THE PACKAGE, THEN TAKE A LITTLE AMOUNT OF PRODUCT ON MY SIGMA F80 BRUSH, AND I TAP OFF THE EXCESS BEFORE PUTTING IT TO MY FACE TO AVOID USING TOO MUCH. *