e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder

4.1

Sheer: Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Sodium Dehydroacetate

on 5/15/2016 11:52:00 PM

First, this is really affordable. Also amazing at setting. It controls my oily skin. It makes my face flawless by itself or over foundation. Two problems is that it has terrible flashback on flash photos & the bulky packaging. Would I repurchase? Most likely no.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

THIS IS GREAT POWDER,AND CHEAP,IT HAS ONLY TWO INGREDIENTS VERY SAFE.ITS A FINE POWDER WITH A FLAWLESS FINISH,BUT IT CAN OXIDISE YOUR FOUNDATION.ITS REALLY A GOOD POWDER.I HAVE THE YELLOW TOO,THAT IT GOOD TO ADD A YELLOW BASED TONED TO FOUNDATION.

on 3/30/2016 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am once again amazed at E.L.F. To make such a fantastic finishing powder and sell for such a low cost continues to win my loyalty. Make no mistake about it, this powder is NOT as silky as some higher end ones, but for the price, there is nothing else out there comparable to it in my opinion. There are a lot of reviews about how bulky the packaging is. I kind of like it. I don't travel with it, I leave it on my counter and it looks nice. I also don't have any issue with messy caps or the like, rather I pour a tiny amount into a small container I keep especially for this purpose. I do this with all my loose powders as I find it much easier to dip my brush in and tap off the excess without worrying about cleaning the inside of the cap or rings, etc.

Do not be scared by the stark white look of this product. Use the tiniest amount, seriously, less is more! This powder will indeed blur your pores and help control shine (the oily girl in me loves this quality). If you do want to travel with this or keep with you for touch ups I highly recommend buying one of those small refillable travel bottle kits and pour some in the tiny screw on lid container. This is what I use to dip my brush in at home. The kit is great to pour rose water or other setting sprays into the small spray bottles by the way, which is always handy if you feel you've applied too much powder as well.

The only reason I didn't give this a full 5 lippies is it loses points for the feel when I compare this to It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores which feels so silky and velvety on the skin. But truth be told, this does a better job of shine control and blurring or minimizing appearance of pores than anything else I've used to date. So I will probably repurchase if/when it runs out but that could take some time as there is a ton of product and you use so little.

I bought this since so many people suggested this powder. I've been using this powder alternately with my Mac loose finishing powder.
Somehow I still like the finish my Mac powder gives, it feels smoother. If you look at the powder particles, you can tell that Mac is more finely milled.

The upside is this powder is priced at the fraction of Mac powder. The price is the main reason why I tried this powder at the very first place. For the given price point, I would say the quality does not disappoint. Unless you're nitpicky like me, you probably won't really notice the difference between the two products.

I am absolutely not a fan of the packaging and the puff, it's not compact, it's not handy and when you try to open it, you can almost finish half of the powder (with half of it goes flying around your room, leaving white powdery cast).

I would re-purchase if I can't find better substitute or when I can't afford the Mac powder.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is such a good setting powder for oily skin. A majority of the time, I like to bake my face just to reassure that my makeup is set since I do have oily skin. The price is amazing for the amount of product you receive and how well it works. I recommend this product for those who are starting out with makeup or don't want to pay a lot of money for other setting powders sold at Sephora.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is my first experience with an HD powder, and it's alright. There are definitely some issues with it, like the fact that it's not as finely milled as it could be. I see some big chunks sometimes mixed in. The packaging is bulky, but I can live with it so long as I don't have to travel with it, and I don't travel much at this time. I usually use this as an all over setting powder so that my foundation stays in place by doing the swirl, tap, buff method I used for many years with BareMinerals foundation. I put that I would purchase this again, but I may be on the lookout for a better setting powder once I run out of this. Can't beat the price though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this product! I have the transparent powder and I use it everyday, its fantastic and is my favorite powder to use! After applying my primer and foundation I put this on with a brush (rather than the cushion included) and it makes my makeup matte, you cany see my pores, and I can re apply through out the day when my face gets shiby again, one of my favorite ELF products!!👍

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product did not work at all. I expected a mattifying setting powder to use on my very oily skin, but was very disappointed. Loose powders always are messy, but the awful packaging on this made it even worse! It just spills everywhere, and the lid is extremely hard to get on. It looks cakey and white, and looked horrible in the photos I took to test it out. I would not buy this product ever again.

on 1/25/2016 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased this in the summer of 2015 and still have more than 2/3 of the product still remaining.

Here are the pros and cons from my experience with the powder.

Pros:
1. Extremely matte
2. Makes your skin feel extremely smooth
3. Quite fine (on a scale of 1-10 it is about a 7, which is not too bad)
4. Lots of product
5. ONLY $6.00

Cons:
1. Extremely matte (Can't use all over my face when I have dry patches)
2. Accentuates dry patches
3. Tricky to use correctly (too much on the brush will give a white cast
4. Packaging is huge and often times very messy

Overall, this product is a few notches better than "just okay"
I don't think I would repurchase, as there is so much product, but if I run out... I'll think about it. As of now, I use the power just under my lash line to prevent my mascara from smudging (it really helps 100%)
I just can't use it all over my face right not because I have dry skin.
I emptied a but of this product into an empty (and very clean) L'oreal Infallible eyeshadow pot. It makes it incredibly easy to take this powder around for touch ups (works nicely as mid-day touch up powder).

If you're thinking about purchasing this powder, look through the reviews to see if your skin and this powder would be compatible.

Hope this helps!

on 1/15/2016 9:55:00 PM

broke me out and wasn't the best powder that I've tried :\