e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder

4.1

Sheer: Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Sodium Dehydroacetate

on 11/15/2016 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a lovely finely milled powder that works as well as high end. I have super oily peri-menopausal skin; I use this after my primer BEFORE my foundation, then after to set everything. My makeup lasts so much longer before it breaks down (I get a good 10 hours out of most foundations). The act that it 's super cheap is just an extra bonus.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Only works for baking under the eyes looks horrid allover the face but elf has an actual under eye powder which is way better

the setting powder worked ok. it didn't crease, but it made me look cakey. the worst part is the packaging. omg. if you're not super careful there will be powder EVERYWHERE. it's so messy and wasteful. don't buy this. nyc translucent powder is so much better and it's cheaper.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

very fine milled powder , works great for setting my foundation, doesn't make me look pale . it's a great price for what you get i just wish the sifter was a twist shut like bare minerals or even the ulta mineral foundation because God forbid this thing to be tossed around in a hand bag a few times lol

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First I'll start off with the packaging. It comes in a black box like container that twists off and on. On the inside there is a powder puff and there is a sifter to keep powder from making a mess. The package is kind of big and bulky so its not really good for putting in your purse. I am ok with the packaging. So the powder I have is the white translucent one. I really really love this powder. I use it to set my entire face (I am light skinned) after applying foundation and concealer. At first when I put it on, you can see it on my face but then it just melts into my skin. And you can't even tell I have powder on my face. I do not get a white cast at all. The powder is very finely milled. It feels so soft and velvety. This is the best powder I have ever used. I do not know what I would do if this was ever discontinued. This is something I use everyday. This makes my makeup look flawless. It helps my foundation and concealer stay in place ALL DAY LONG. I use a large flat kabuki brush and just press it into my skin. It has no odor to it at all. You also get a lot of product. I only paid $6 so it is so affordable. This is a permanent staple product in my makeup bag and routine.

Worst product I've used yet. It gives a decent finish, affordable price. But it gives a noticeable white cast, very chalky, way too much shimmer in it. The worst part was I broke out terribly from it, I usually get no breakouts, but when I do I get small pimples, but this gave me deep huge ones, I tried it a few times to make sure and it was definitely from this product. Then it gave me a horrible rash all over my entire face, I had to actually go to the doctor it was so bad. And I used nothing else besides this, so this was the cause. Be careful using this. I'm surprised because the eye powder is good, whatever is in this is very harsh and cheap so please be cautious.

I love this powder, but I prefer the banana one instead of the traslucent, because when I bake my face with it, it leaves just a little bit of whiteish color. Sets everything in one layer :)

on 6/24/2016 8:50:00 PM

This was the first loose powder I used to set my makeup. Its ok and you do get a lot of product for the price. It's decent but nothing spectacular. I've since started using coty airspun and think that gives me more of a flawless finish. I still have some elf powder left but probably won't use it up and would not repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have crazy oily skin and I use this with the Goss method (primer then powder then foundation) and it really keeps my oil under control! It does leave a white cast if you're not careful but my foundation is a smidgen too dark so I am not too fussed about it.

The packaging is awful so I listened to the other reviewers and only punctured a few holes through the sticker rather than remove the entire sticker.

on 5/23/2016 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Whatever is in this product, works better than I have tried so far for my shiny face. Love this. The fact that it's cheap, keeps me matte, and is also TALC-FREE (sensitive skin) - puts this at the top of my HG powder list. Like others have mentioned, they could put it in a different applicator. The container is horrid. However, I do like that it's sheer - with absolutely no color in the powder.

++++++++++++++++++++
Edit: still using this - and love it. Best sheer powder I've found so far that is talc-free. I love that it has no color to it (sheer) - I've found some translucent powders (like physicians formula) aren't really translucent, but make you tan or orangey. Love this stuff. Just to add - I dabbed some of this powder on at 9AM just after getting to work - and it is now 3:55PM -- summer - and I have not ONCE had to blot my skin for oil or greasiness, and I live in a humid, hot climate that normally, by the end of the day, I've usually had to blot my face a couple of times by the end of the day. This stuff works better than any non-shine powder I've seen (drugstore). Grab this stuff, gals. It also has not broke me out (talc-free), I've been using it for over a week. Also note, I have not worn anything on my face make-up-wise other than this powder (no foundation/bb cream), so I am not sure how the greasiness factor would hold up over something under it.

Edit: Coming back to add that I'm STILL using this powder almost every day - mostly at work or if I'm going out - and NO BREAKOUTS (I have super sensitive skin/cystic acne prone). I've been using it now since May - going onto my 4th month solid of using this with no issues. This is, by far, the best powder I've found that controls my shiny face while using a topical acne treatment (I use BP). Since it also is so fine - it does a great job of blurring my imperfections just enough that I don't wear foundation. I never wear foundation because it bothers my skin that much - but this stuff just is my go-to makeup product of all time. Shine free, finally.