e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder

Filtered by age: 30-35
e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder

3.8

Sheer: Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Sodium Dehydroacetate

on 9/16/2013 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product was a "eh", for me. I tried to love it, but it wasn't happening for me. I'm a did hard bare minerals fan and this just doesn't compare for me. It seemed really grainy and didn't blend well. It also make my face itch like crazy. Excited for the ladies it works for, but unfortunately I'm not one of them.

So surprised there are only a handful of reviews for this! Fantastic setting powder for the summer months. Takes care of my shine and minimizes my pores with minimal touch ups needed. As the others have said, packaging is terrible but this product is such a great vale and very high performing.

I have been using this for about 4 days now and I went by what the reviews said and I used very little but still gives me a ghost look. After about 4hrs my skin is starting to get greasy so it does not last long. The price is great but the product not so much. Maybe if I try mixing it in with some of my compact powder it may work better but alone I wouldn't recommend it.

on 8/20/2013 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Love the product hate the packaging.

This product works the same like MUFE and MAC's Finishing powder but at $6 if you buy it online and wait for the sales it can be easily had for $3. Love this product I use it in white and would definetly like to try the yellow one. With the white one you really have to use very little and buff it into your skin. Use very little too much will leave a white cast and leave you looking Ghastly. There is a love for ELF and this finishing powder paired with the Studio Brush is a charm!

on 8/9/2013 1:02:00 AM

This is fantastic setting powder! It's so finely milled that it feels like silk on the skin. It also matifys the skin beautifully. The only problem I have is the packaging- it's a bit messy. But not enough that I would stop using it! Definitely recommended!

on 6/27/2013 12:27:00 AM

I love this. I finally found ELF in Australia, and being in the market for some new loose powder after my Laura Mercier Translucent went to the bottom of the jar (YAY), I figured a $6 pot of powder would get me through until I went to the department store.

This stuff is BETTER, if not exactly the same effect.

It is a PITA to get out of the jar, and I highly recommend changing to some other packaging (I dumped mine into the Laura Mercier pot) and it's much easier. You need a tiny amount, I dont even use the puff.

Awesome stuff. The best bit was when I had my photo taken at the weekend, and someone said my skin looked like porcelain. BUY ALL THE ELF!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This had been around for a while before I decided to finally give in and give it a go, mainly based on the countless rave reviews it's received both on MakeupAlley and across the web. It almost seemed impolite NOT to try it!

Sadly, after only one application I had an adverse reaction to it which left my face (in particular my cheeks) red, inflamed and very, very sore. I still don't know what ingredient caused such a bad flare up, but my skin was like it for a good 3 days before it finally started to subside.

Based on the above it's hard for me to give a really in-depth review, but from memory this is a microfine powder that went on very easily when applied and left my skin feeling silky. I'm not sure about some of the claims it makes on the back of the packaging - e.g. "masks the fine lines and imperfections for a radiant complexion"; "creates a 'soft focus' effect to the skin" - but I guess it did leave my skin feeling smoother. I can't say much for wearability either, as I only lasted about 2 hours before I had to go and wash it off!

On a plus note, the E.L.F. UK customer service team were brilliant when I called them and explained what had happened to my face. The lady I spoke to even went through a few questions with me to see if she could work out what ingredient it might have been to cause the reaction (her suggestion was it might be the Silica). And they were very prompt at refunding my money so I can't fault them on that front.

Sadly this ended up in the trash. I wouldn't warn people off using it, but I would give a note of caution to anyone with overly sensitive skin like mine; it could end up causing you a lot of pain...!

on 5/30/2013 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I actually really liked this product. I didn't think I was going to but since its cheap I have it a try. It really does a pretty good job with controlling my oily skin throughout the day. I only apply it in the morning and by the end of my work day my skin is much less greasy looking. My only dislike is that the packaging is not that great and it is a little messy. Other than that, not a bad product at all. Well worth the price paid for it.

on 5/20/2013 10:43:00 PM

Didn't love this which made me sad. I found it left a white cast on my face and I'm super fair to begin with so I don't need to be any lighter. I also found it accentuated my pores and didn't help with controlling oil. I also find the packing not the greatest it's very awkward and boxy. It was super cheap so I don't regret the purchase even if I don't use it up.

on 4/20/2013 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been wanting to buy this powder. While I was shopping with my mother i saw it Burlington Coat Factory. So decide to buy not expecting much. Since i had read good and bad reviews on it. But man I was really happy that i did. After I moisturize and primer my face. I do my foundation, concealer,bake my concealer, powder , blush and then i apply the hd powder. I apply it with a kabuki brush to smooth everything out and blend everything together. And this looks this nice on my skin.