e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder

Filtered by age: 30-35
e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder

3.8

Sheer: Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Sodium Dehydroacetate

on 6/7/2014 5:33:00 AM

I love this product! I buff it in with a kabuki brush and it gives my skin a great finish with no powdery residue. It keeps my t zone skin matte all day so I just carry oil sheets with me if I need the occasional bit of shine control rather than re powdering.

The packaging is nice but not practical and I would decant this into a smaller tub if I wanted to take it with me. Really good value for money, my favourite powder ever.

on 6/3/2014 10:59:00 AM

i can't believe there aren't any reviews on this yet. i've only just bought this over the weekend, but WOW! Softens features & imperfections (especially for the camera)

Little is more with this product. If you put too much on, it will leave a white cast on you. Packaging isn't the best and its a bit messy. I've been applying with my E.L.F studio powder brush.

If you are dark skinned toned, this may not be the right shade for you. (they also offer in yellow & "shimmer"((which is a pale pink/beige with giltter))

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

this is basically a really good dupe for the MUF HD powder..it does exactly the same thing: makes face look flawlessly matte! Its translucent so its great for any skin color! If you are skeptical, just try it out..it's sold at Target for $6, if you don't like it, just return it :)

on 3/27/2014 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I so happened to run across this product while at Target and was like, NO! REALLY?! So I decided to pick it up, not much of a gamble for 6 dollars.

Let me tell you, this is some pretty amazing stuff. It is so smooth to the toucch and gives ur make up a nice finish. Usually I wear some sort of primer, or just my cocoa butter swivel stick as primer, then I use timted moisturizer, usually E.L.F Studio Tinted Moisturizer, then finish it off with this powder and all I can say is wow!

Aside from the packaging, I have no other complaints about it. I just empty it into another sifter jar

on 3/17/2014 11:41:00 AM

I love the sheer one. Not a fan of the shimmer or yellow because it ends up looking cakey on my skin. The sheer one is great though. I go to this more then mac powders to set my makeup.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I use this both in white and tone correcting yellow. I mix them together, more white in the winter and more yellow when I am tanned. They are by far the one product I could not live without. The yellow really does cancel out redness but can be a bit dark for my fair skin by itself, and the white is too pale by itself. They look a bit powdery when first applied; just wait a minute for it to melt into skin.

These are amazingly mattifying. I normally have to blot my face 8 times a day, but with these on, I only blot about 3 times, and could get away with less. On top of that, the texture of the powder absorbs all visible oil, so I don't look shiny, even if blotting would reveal oil. This is amazing for someone so oily!

I use these both alone on days my skin is perfect, and under or over foundation on days I need more makeup. Have repurchased many times and will repurchase again.

My new fave loose setting powder. I had been reading about how great it was for a long time, but it wasn't sold in my city ...I luckily found it at Winners (Canada's TJ Maxx) a few months ago and grabbed it right away..I think it was only $6.99. I use pressed powder foundation, but I need a bit more oil absorbing in my t-zone...this works GREAT for that. I apply my foundation, let it sit while I do my other makeup and apply it 3rd to last (mascara and lip colour are last). I pat it on all over my face so it won't rub off my foundation. It gives a more polished look, softens my blush a bit and makes my skin look smoother. I wish it came with more product inside, I was surprised at how little powder there was....however...it's inexpensive. We recently got 2 Targets in my city and the one on my side of town doesn't have E.L.F products (I was pissed), I hope the other one does because I haven't seen it at Winners since I got mine. I'd also like to try the yellow toned one..I have a bit of redness.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this in white but for my MUFE #70 complexion it left too much of a grey cast. So I dumped the powder and rinsed it, and now use the wonderful container and puff for my Ben Nye banana powder! How wonderful, especially for $3 I wasted nothing.

on 10/13/2013 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Tried using it as a setting powder, it does not prolong the wear of your foundation, it leaves a white very powdery look when applied, doesn't blur anything just looks like you have smothered yourself in talcum powder, thrown mine out, rendered useless. Good value if it works for you. Comes in sifter container with puff.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The first 2 I purchased I loved. I recommended it to friends and believed it was great quality. The last one I bought is almost chunky, which is weird to say about a powder. It's not smooth and does not melt into the skin like the others. Will not repurchase