e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder

Filtered by age: 30-35
e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder

3.8

Sheer: Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Sodium Dehydroacetate

on 4/18/2010 7:58:00 PM

This stuff is great, really works well to keep down the shine. It is very fine milled, so goes on smooth and flawlessly. Works as good if not better than other high end loose powders I've tried. Just wish the container wasn't so bulky, it's kinda big and takes up a lot of space in my m/u drawer. Great stuff and would buy again and again! Especially at the insanely awesome price!

on 4/5/2010 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

AMAZING! I've finally found a powder that covers every bit of sunscreen shine and controls oilies throughout the day! I've tried sooooo many powders, only to be disappointed and oily. I can not believe I've found my HG powder for only $3! There's definitely a slight learning curve involved here. If you're super oily like me, you'll probably be wanting to load up on this from the get-go. Don't! When I first received it, I used the enclosed puff (which is ultra-soft, by the way) and patted the powder all over my face, then lightly brushed away the excess with a big, soft powder brush. It definitely controlled the shine, but made my skin look super dry and almost peely. Upon further investigation, I found that silica is extremely drying. I didn't think about it before, but I also use dry silica to clean my tin whistle. It keeps the inside dry and is about the only thing that keeps it sounding good. Now I just brush a little bit on with a big brush and I'm good to go! Controls shine all day!
UPDATE: Since the weather is getting progressively warmer, I find this to work less and less at controlling oil. Not only that, I've been noticing the strange texture this leaves on my skin, like grainy white chunkiness. Even after I wash my face, I still seem to have bits of white stuck in my pores that I have to exfoliate out. It's kind of frustrating and I'm now looking for a replacement.
ANOTHER UPDATE: I switched to something else for a while and came right back to this. There is no better loose powder out there. Even though it's not perfect, it's close! Plus, this is the only powder I've found that doesn't break me out. I'll stick with it.

on 3/19/2010 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Really great loose powder: long lasting, fine milled, and light-diffusing. And at $3 on sale, with a ton of produce, just great. Total rec.

The packaging is very classy, in a substantial molded plastic matte black boxy shape; no doubt it will hold up well. My only gripe: I can't screw the top on totally shut; It doesn't close flush tight. But if that's the only gripe, consider it mooted by the otherwise fabulousness of the product, and ignore it ;)

on 3/8/2010 8:51:00 PM

It's a nice product. Very versatile. I use it either under or on top of a foundation, either dry or wet. Can work as a primer, a soft focus velvety veil, or even a 'dewy' veil - just use it over foundation and set with water mist for the dewy effect (I use rosewater with a squirt of hyaluronic acid in it, shake and spray). Misting takes care of the whitish cast too, if you put too much on. Cheap, too.

Don't get carried away if you're a darker complexion or you'll end up with a whitish cast.

Also, packaging could be less bulky and less wasteful.

on 3/3/2010 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Wow. This stuff is great. Very finely milled, so it doesn't not feel chalky. Controls oil well and leaves a lovely airbrush finish, purely matte, not dewy or "glow". Price is so inexpensive for the great quality. It is a definite dupe for the MUFE. I have to take one lippie off because I'm pretty fair-med tone and I do see a VERY slight white cast when I apply this...but the MUFE does the same thing.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i wouldn't say this powder gave the HD effect. it was a nice powder and i was happy with it for the price. it is translucent and didn't turn my face a shade darker.

Love Love Love this product!!!!! Gives makeup a more flawless look. You can't beat the price. Many compare it to Makeup Forever's HD powder on youtube.

on 12/19/2009 9:46:00 AM

I am a fan! This powder takes care of my shiny t zone like no other. I love how this gives me an airbrush look when I dust this all over my face. I noticed the container is big , but the product inside is about half of the container (8g). I am not complaining since it's only $6 and it's great. Wellworth the two weeks I waited for shipping.

on 11/13/2009 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This works SO well for me, it will be a stable item in my makeup kit. The powder it very finely milled and melts into my skin with only very slight buffing. Perfekt to set undereye concealer, creme blush and creme eyeshadow.
And the packaging is very nice and seems high quality. Turning out this product, ELF's is really showing the average consumer that you don't have to charge obseen amounts in order for cosmetics to be high quality. Very well done!