Oribe Supershine Moisturizing Cream

Oribe Supershine Moisturizing Cream
Supershine Moisturizing CreamSupershine Moisturizing Cream

4.4

WATER/AQUA/EAU, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONOL, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ISOHEXADECANE, PPG-3 BENZYL ETHER MYRISTATE, ACRYLAMIDE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE COPOLYMER, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), POLYSORBATE 80, CINNAMIDOPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, HYDROLYZED VEGETABLE PROTEIN PG-PROPYL SILANETRIOL, PANTHENOL, CYSTINE BIS-PG-PROPYL SILANETRIOL, WHEAT AMINO ACIDS, HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN/PVP CROSSPOLYMER, HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN PG-PROPYL SILANETRIOL, PHOSPHOLIPIDS, KERATIN, HYDROLYZED KERATIN, HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN, POLYQUATERNIUM-4, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED EXTRACT, LITCHI CHINENSIS PERICARP EXTRACT, CITRULLUS LANATUS (WATERMELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, LEONTOPODIUM ALPINUM FLOWER/LEAF EXTRACT, AMBER EXTRACT, KAEMPFERIA GALANGA ROOT EXTRACT, MORINGA PTERYGOSPERMA SEED EXTRACT, GLYCERIN, HYDROLYZED CONCHIOLIN PROTEIN, HYDROLYZED RICE PROTEIN, HYDROLYZED JOJOBA PROTEIN, PEARL POWDER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, OLETH-10, PPG-1-PEG-9 LAURYL GLYCOL ETHER, MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), CHLORPHENESIN, DISODIUM EDTA, IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE, SORBIC ACID, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, BENZYL BENZOATE, HEXYL CINNAMAL, LIMONENE, LINALOOL, CITRAL

on 1/21/2016 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I writing my review after trying the sample size tube of this product. I was secretly hoping this product wouldn't work.. but obviously not that lucky :) I am usually the sucker who gets tempted on reading the reviews, splurges and in the end if it doesn't work.. stacks it in a pile where nobody could ever find it!!! This time, I got lucky found a sample in my closet and thought wth! Has a light creamy consistency and doesn't leave a greasy feeling on the hair. I have used it on both damp and dry hair. I think it works very very well on taming down frizziness and flyaways. Leaves me with a smooth a soft hair. Best part is this can be used on dry hair too. I don't know where it goes sinks right in without any oily feeling. I lovee the scent of this line, to me it smells like D&G Light Blue. Which unfortunately doesn't have a staying power. The regular version of this cream did not weight down my fine hair. I am so freaking glad they make a 1.7oz for lesser $$$ even though the larger tube is a better value, doesn't hurt my heart or wallet as much :P For me the cons are the pricing and difficulty in locating a salon that carries this line. Remember reading this product being compared to FF Glossing Cream but if I remember correctly, these two are not even close. Oribe adds moisture which the Glossing Cream did not do.
Update**** I used it today before flat ironing, the results were stunning. Smooth, shiny and soft hair. Not the flat, stick straight hair that you get after using a flat iron. I usually want to wash my hair the next day but not with this product. Gives you that salon look at home. Worth the $$$$

on 10/17/2015 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Expensive, but there's truly nothing like it! I've tried everything at Whole Foods, several French pharmacy products, Kiehl's, Kerastase etc etc. I've just never used anything like this Supershine cream so it seems worth it to me. Excellent on my course, dry South Asian hair. Works a lot better applied to dry hair than damp. The effects also wear off throughout the day, so I usually put it on in the morning rather than at night. The packaging is nice although I think the bottle for the "light" version is prettier. The aroma was wayyy too strong for me in the beginning because I am used to essential oil fragrances but I've grown to like it. I also find that this product rinses out well with gentle shampoo and doesn't resist water like other silicone products.

on 9/18/2015 9:30:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'd give it a 5 if it were not so expensive. I have course wavy hair, and this stuff smoothes it out like silk. I find it's a waste on damp hair, but really transforms dry hair.
I know people rave about the scent but I really can't smell much, and I'm typically very attuned to smells.

on 3/24/2015 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This replaced my FF Glossing Cream (which I used for for 5 years plus). Does a much better job of hydrating my long, thick and wavy hair, does a great job on eliminating frizzies, and my hair feels healthier when I use it. Excellent product.

on 2/2/2015 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This works like magic on my thick, bobbed curly hair as a leave-in. It tames frizz, gives good curl separation, adds shine and smells really, really good (I heard that Tom Ford developed the scents for Oribe products.) Whatís not to love? Oh yeah, the price. Supershine Moisturizing Cream is crazy expensive: $19.50 for the travel size (say whaaaaat?), and $49 for the full size. Yes the cream works, but itís going to be one of those situations where I dig out the scissors and pliers to get every last drop out of the tube before I repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have long, thick, wavy hair. The texture of my hair is quite fine even though I have a lot of it. I wash my hair every other day if not I get oily roots and dry ends. This is an awesome leave in conditioner. I was torn between getting this or the Bed Head afterparty since I just needed something to keep my hair smooth and frizz-free since it's humid in Hong Kong. So glad I went with this. My hair feels healthier since I started using this.

Pros: - only need a pea sized amount for my entire head of hair (I apply from midshaft to ends)
- leaves hair unbelievably smooth (someone actually asked me if I blowdry and curl my hair everyday. I don't. I wash my hair, apply this, brush it through and don't brush my hair till the next shower)
- smells amazing but not overpowering which was what put me off from BedHead After Party
- large tube will last forever

Cons: - dropped the tube accidentally and the cover snapped so it doesn't close properly anymore. Hasn't dried out but have to store it facing upwards. My own fault but for the amount I paid, it should at least be more durable than a toothpaste tube but that's just my opinion.

on 9/10/2014 10:11:00 PM

This is NICE. Hands down the best leave-in conditioner I've ever used. My hair is so smooth and silky and SHINY after using this, and I've been looking for something to add some shine to my dull, dry hair. So many products either weigh my hair down or make it feel sticky or dirty. Not this cream. This is fabulous.

For reference, I have hair that is thick, wavy-texture, color-treated, and I heat-style it regularly. I always use some kind of leave-in on my damp hair before I blow dry. This could be a new HG for me.

This is the first product from Oribe that I've ever tried, now I want to explore the whole brand. I would definitely buy this again! LOVE!

on 11/4/2013 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

i always feel like saying that a product is the "best ever" sounds rather like a hyperbolic statement, but oribe supershine moisturizing cream truly is the best leave-in conditioner ive ever used SO FAR.

i have thick curly hair, and lots of it. i dont really like wearing it curly (unless my hair is very short), so i blow-dry and flat-iron it all the time. when i was younger, i would often get relaxer perms done so my hair would look and feel naturally straight. i stopped doing that a few years back because my curls have naturally relaxed over time. so ever since i stopped with the perms, ive been looking for a product i could use before straightening to give my hair a shiny, healthy, conditioned appearance when straightened.

i think ive found it. i bought this product because i wanted to give my hair a moisture boost, not thinking it would really make a big difference in my straightening. i applied a good amount to my hair right after washing it, and proceeded to blow-dry and iron my hair as usual.

as i was ironing, i could tell that my hair was looking different than usual. at first it looked heavy and weighed down, and by the time i finished ironing, it even looked kinda greasy. i was really pissed, thinking i had overdone it with the moisturizing cream and that i would have to wash my hair and do it all over again.

thank god i had stuff to do and didnt re-wash right away, because less than an hour later my hair looked absolutely perfect-- the way ive always wanted it to look. silky, shiny, healthy, and naturally straight without a single frizzy hair or one of those hairs that sticks straight up after ironing (i know some of you know what im talking about...). i think my hair needed a little time to absorb the product. its totally worth the initial frustration and waiting time.

i think this product will probably be too heavy for finer hair types, but if you have thick hair and *especially* if you have thick/curly hair that you like to straighten, i HIGHLY recommend giving this a try.

if you tend to do your hair right before stepping out the door, this might not be the best product for style-and-go because of what i mentioned about it taking a little time to absorb. but if you dont mind waiting a bit for it to do its magic, again-- highly recommended!

as for scent/packaging, as usual with oribe, its top notch. and of course, very pricy. (but worth it)

on 8/28/2013 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff! It smells amazing and makes my hair so silky and soft. I was using B&B leave-in conditioner for a long time before I discovered Oribe and this works much better for me. I have tons of fine, highlighted long hair that tangles really easily and if I don't use a leave-in treatment I end up struggling to comb my hair out and worrying about breakage. I use a small dab (less than dime sized) and rub it in my hands to distribute then spread it in my hair, mostly on the ends, then use whatever's left over on the upper portions. It makes a comb glide through with no fuss and works well with other styling products layered over it.

It has a very creamy texture that looks as if it'd be too heavy for fine hair but it's so lightweight. I let my hair air dry often, especially in the summer, and it's never crunchy or pieced together when I use this. Using products on fine hair is such a tightrope walk, usually I can feel them weighing down my hair or just sitting in there, but I have to use them or my hair goes completely limp. I'm happy I found this. It makes my morning so much easier and keeps my hair shiny and healthy.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am a hopeless addict when it comes to HE products that claim to smooth,soften, combat frizz without weight. After reading reviews here on MUA of course I had to try it. I was looking for something similar to Kerastase NectarThermique that would moisterize without necessarily needing a blowdryer to work. I have used Super Shine in my hair and let it airdry, and before a blowout. Both resulted in smooth, manageable hair but the effects are magnified with a blow dryer of course.
PROS:
- It smells incredible
- Adds a boost of moisture to dry hair
- Lightweight
- concentrated

CONS:
- Price is very expensive
- Salons are few and far between

Overall, this is a very good product and I wasn't disappointed. There are other lower price leave-ins or styling creams that have a similar effect. But, not the same. They are either too heavy/too light, ect. This is just right. FF glossing cream (also a fave of mine) is often compared to this but IMO has more of an oil base than this does, and may be more suitable for super-parched hair.