Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment

Kate Somerville Eradikate Acne Spot Treatment

Sulphur, Isopropyl Alcohol, Zinc Oxide, Camphor, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Salicylic Acid, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

A sulfur, zinc oxide, salicylic acid, and camphor solution is a great addition to any skin care arsenal when a stubborn pimple arises despite your best efforts in preventative skin care. If you've got a nasty zit that you can't get rid of, this concoction is great for reducing the severity of the breakout. I wouldn't say to expect miracles, like how some people claim it makes their pimples go away overnight, but it definitely can help reduce the size, swelling, and duration of the acne spot. Simply use a cotton swab to apply to the affect spots and leave on for as long as possible or overnight. Don't be too eager and apply this more than once a day you'll just end up drying out your skin which could potentially increase irritation and make the breakout worse.

INGREDIENTS:
Active Ingredient: Sulfur 10%; Inactive Ingredients:Isopropyl Alcohol, Water/Aqua/Eau, Camphor, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Salicylic Acid, Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947).

NOTE: You'll want to take extra care if you're going to apply this solution anywhere near or above your eye area as this product will dry into a crust and flake off. I once treated a spot in between my eyes and the product flaked off and got into one of my eyes, causing it to burn. It took a lot of effort to wash out I could see a small crust of pink literally stuck to my eyeball. This is why, if I am applying this product anywhere near my eyes, I will make sure I leave it on for a while and then wash it off instead of going to sleep or laying down, so I have less of a chance of the product flaking into my eyes. Please be careful!

TIP: I noticed that in my bottle of Eradikate, the clear liquid/solution of water and alcohol that floats about the pink substance evaporated completely after a few months. I didn't want the product to eventually dry out completely, so I poured in witch hazel, which is also pretty effective on its own for combatting acne. I noticed this combinations is even more effective on stubborn breakouts. If your bottle is drying out and you want to salvage it, try this!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I have sensitive acne prone skin and this treatment has been the only way I've shortened the life span of my breakouts. If I feel a cystic acne bump forming on my chin I put this on and it actually stops it from emerging. I have suffered with acne for quite some time and have tried salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, and tea tree oil spot treatments but none are as effective for me as this sulfur product. Will buy this over and over.

on 11/8/2013 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm really annoyed because when I first bought this brought, I thought it was my life saver. It did significantly help me with breakouts and pimples. People would come up to me and say my skin looked amazing. Recently though, it has done to close to nothing. Maybe reduced swelling? Maybe. Maybe my pimples atm are the wrong type of pimples? Ill purchase this again under the context that I know it previously worked and there is small reduced swelling but I'm on the fence/leaning a little backwards. A product as such, you would think when applied properly and regularly would work always.

on 10/31/2013 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a so-so product. It did reduce swelling in some of my pimples, but after washing it off in the morning and going about my day, the swelling sort of came back by night. I could not use it more than two nights in a row; it was just way too irritating. It flakes off and the product in the bottle dries up quickly. I'm sure it works for some, but it didn't for me. Will not repurchase.

on 10/3/2013 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Fantastic prodcut that I actually returned. Why? Because its 10% sulfur as the only active ingredient, I managed to find a sulfur soap at my local pharmacy that is the exact same stuff. Performs just as well & costed me $2 vs $22. If your wondering KS is pink sulfur at the bottom of clear liquid, that you DONT mix. I used a q-tip to touch the pink gunk & apply directly to problems spots--> wake up with less red, dried and flattening out volcano. I liked it so much that I decided to wear it in the daytime, under makeup=HUGE mistake. Forgot that rancid awful smell, I was soo conscious of the weird stares all day. Now if your wondering how to get the max results from the soap, same concept. Lather a sud & apply to spot & sleep in it. It works beautifully as a 5 minute full face mask aso but if you want longer overnight results try that. I loved KS so much that I threw the receipt away after a week, knowing I'd use it forever; luckily sephora gave me the store credit for it & now I'll never look for another spot treatment.

This product is best when applied to popped (sorry, gross!) blemishes, so it's good for people like me who have a habit of touching their blemishes. It's also AMAZING for those under the skin pimples; the catch is applying morning AND night. I usually use it overnight and then dab it on any bad ones for about 15-20 mins while I'm doing my hair in the morning. You'll see results in 2-3 days!

on 9/18/2013 9:57:00 PM

so i just got this product today as i was super excited when i read the reviews!so far so good!!loved the feeling when i applied it to my zit since it was so soothing.hope it turns out as good as i expected it to be, loving it so far!

on 9/8/2013 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After reading all the great reviews, I was super excited to try this product. I never felt like it did much to my acne. Compared to what other people say, nothing really changed overnight. I would put it on my big angry pimples and hope for a miracle when I woke up and nothing... I have used almost the whole bottle. I will admit I have not used it consistently the whole time. I tend to go through a few week period when I am good about putting it on my face every day but this is not a long term maintenance product so I don't see why that should make such a difference. I was always very careful about using fresh qtips. But despite my lack of success, I am still thinking about giving this another try .

As the majority of the reviews state, this is a good product. It does work fairly well overnight. However, I wouldn't repurchase it since it's quite expensive here in the Canadian Sephoras ($27). The reason I wouldn't repurchase it is because I find that benzoyl peroxide does the same trick on my skin. Persa Gel 5 by Clean & Clear is a third of the price and works just the same.

Also, my skin smells like sulphur ever since I've been using this product. The smell is obviously only noticeable to me, but it is there.

On a final note, silver jewelry strongly tarnishes when you start using sulphur. I noticed my Tiffany earrings turning dark every single day I used Eradikate. It's annoying but definitely not the end of the world, since you can clean tarnished silver easily with products you can buy at Wal-Mart. Just remember to take off any valuable silver jewelry once you apply this product onto your skin.

on 8/13/2013 8:49:00 PM

While it's not a miracle product by any means, this does help me deal with any big, under the skin breakouts I may get. I apply some EradiKate with a Q-Tip onto and slightly around the targeted zit before bed, and by the time I wake up it has significantly gone down. For fresh/big/really deep breakouts, it may take more than one night for it to dry out and start healing, but considering that those types of zits usually stuck around for weeks on me - that's a big improvement!

My skin has always reacted favorably to sulfur on acne, though. Make sure you spot test first, as this could be too drying or irritating for some skin types. The camphor in the formula is problematic, so I wouldn't use this too frequently or you'll probably make things worse as it's really drying.

As an aside, if you get big, swollen mosquito bites like I do - use this product on them! The calamine and sulfur aspect help with the itch considerably, and I've noticed that when I apply this the bites don't stay itchy and inflamed as long as they would otherwise.

So while I don't have to use this product every day, it's earned it's spot as an emergency fix - for big breakouts or bug bites - in my medicine cabinet.

Only reason a lippie is off is because hoo, that smell. It is PERSISTENT! Took me three washings to get the sulfur smell off of my pillow. If you're sensitive to smell when you're trying to sleep, this could probably keep you awake =/

Edit: I've reduced the rating and changed my repurchase to no, as I've found much more success with Etude House's version. The EH version is light-years more affordable (even importing it, it's like $14 compared to Kate's $20+) and doesn't include camphor, which was my main complaint about Eradi-Kate as it can be really drying if you use it regularly. Etude's also is just plain more effective for me, whether it's the absence of the irritating/drying camphor or the addition of hinoki extract, I don't know, either way it's hard for me to endorse Eradi-Kate as much when there exists such a better, more effective, more affordable option.

Popular Face Skincare Products