EcoTools Domed Bronzer Brush

4.7

Bamboo, synthetic hairs, aluminum

on 9/22/2012 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Loving this brush! I have always been on the fence about wearing bronzer, because I never felt like I could get the application totally right. I would either feel like I looked streaky or unnatural. So, after reading glowing reviews about this brush for quite a while, I picked one up on sale at Ulta for around $9. This brush gives a perfect light, even application of bronzer. The size is perfect, it is sooo soft, and dense, but not too dense. Love!

on 9/8/2012 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

This brush is ideal for applying mineral foundation. The big size and dense bristles mean more coverage and less application time. It's good for buffing the color in as well as sweeping stray powder or fallen eyelashes off my face. The bristles are soft and don't irritate my skin the way some brushes tend to.
The only downside to it is the long drying time after cleaning. I drilled a hole through the handle so I could thread a cord through it, swing it around to get rid of excess water, and then hang it to dry. That's how I roll. With that minor modification, it's a perfect brush.

on 9/6/2012 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my go-to line for brushes. I've had some of them for almost two years and I've never had a single bristle fall out of any of them. The are eco-friendly and affordable as well. When I worked in cosmetics, these are the brushes I would tell everyone to buy.

I use the bronzer brush mostly for bronzer (big surprise) but I also like to use it for loose powder. I'd definitely buy again, but I have a feeling that this brush will last a long time!

on 9/3/2012 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love this brush. I use it to apply mineral makeup and sometimes liquid foundation, when I want more of a sheer application than I can get with my Sigma F80 or F82. I especially like it for my Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation, which is a thicker formula and difficult to blend adequately with the Sigma brushes. (This brush actually looks very similar to the Tarte Airbrush foundation brush, although I've never used that one so I can't compare.)

Pros: It's big and soft, inexpensive, blends well, cleans easily and dries quickly, and has synthetic bristles (I'm vegan so I only use synthetic--I am not okay with animals being skinned alive, which is an everyday occurence on fur farms).

Cons: Like all EcoTools, it's made in China. For this reason I hesitated to purchase it, and I would look for an affordable alternative before repurchasing. I am skeptical that a product made in China could be very sustainable and ecofriendly, as they claim it is. The only other con I can think of is pretty minor: the handle is too thick to fit into any of my brush cases (with elastics to hold each brush), so I just have to put it loose in the case, on top of the other brushes that are strapped in. I haven't had any problems yet with the bristles falling out as others have reported, but I've only been using it for a couple of months, and not every day. I've probably washed it about three times. If it does start shedding, I will update my review.

I love this brush! I use it to apply liquid foundation. I've had it for over a year, and it has held up nicely. For a drugstore brand, I think it is the best out there.

on 9/1/2012 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this brush for all kinds of different purposes. It's really dense and big, but the first one I bough started shedding like crazy and eventually fell apart. I was confused as I haven't read any other reviews on this happening so I went out to buy another one and it also fell apart. :(
It definitely wasnt my washing method as this has not happened with any of my other brushes...

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love the dense soft bristles of this brush! My one mistake was to use it with bronzer, however. It packed the colour on a little bit too well. That aside, I like using it to put on my translucent powder--it feels absolutely heavenly on the skin and applies the product really evenly. So far it has washed really well. I like that I can stand it up on my counter, too!

on 8/19/2012 10:23:00 PM

I liked this brush .. Up until the bugger completely fell apart. I take good care of my brushes and dont overuse this particular brush, so imagine my suprise when the entire bunch of fibers just fell off the handle, rendering this brush completely useless. I only had it for a few months too. Blah.

on 8/19/2012 10:09:00 PM

UGH OMG :( I am SO on the fence about this brush.

When I first got it 3 months ago, I was obsessed with it. I still have an unopened back-up. But for some reason, even though I take gentle and proper care with this brush as I do my other ecotool brushes and makeup brushes from other brands, this one began shedding like CRAZY for the past month. Like if I gently grab the hairs, a bunch come out. Every single time. Like really? Come on.

I love how soft this brush is, and how it gives heavier coverage so I can cover up my acne a bit better, but I can't stand the constant shedding. I dont know if I should open my backup or return it and buy something else from ecotools because everything else I tried from them I loved. but this.......I don't know anymore :(

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this brush is so soft i used it for blending the bronzer and the blush.the makeup looks so flawless

Popular Makeup Brushes