Sephora Brilliant Shine Lip Gloss in Rosy Glow

Sephora  Brilliant Shine Lip Gloss in Rosy Glow

3.9

on 10/25/2009 4:10:00 PM

Note: This review is for the Super Shimmer Lip Gloss in Rosy Glow by Sephora (not the Brilliant Shine Lip Gloss, as the entry is labeled); many of us are familiar with it as part of Sephora's birthday gift.

Far be if from me to criticize a free (birthday) gift from Sephora, but this color just didn't do anything for me. It looked like it was a rich blush pink with a dash of coral in the tube. However, when I applied it, it just looked like a slight wash of a light peachy-pink that I had to squint my eyes in order to notice. Boring - and a touch too close to the orange family. This gloss is also typical of Sephora's "super shimmer" lip glosses: lack of pigmentation, plasticky taste, and minimal shimmer (if at all). Finally, application is a mess with this tube as you just use the slanted plastic end of the tube (not a doe foot sponge applicator).

Bottom line: a below average gloss that isn't bad if it's for free, but don't spend your own money on it.

Out of the three colors in the Birthday set, I am surprised to say that this one is my favorite! I was totally expecting to like the two other colors more (since I usually prefer either really light glosses or really dark glosses).

Rosy Glow is probably the most pigmented of the three glosses in the Sephora set. It gives a pinkish coral tint to my lips. I won't be wearing this color often during the Autumn and Winter seasons, but I'll be excited to use it up during the Summer! I think this is a really nice Summer color.

The quality of the gloss is same as the rest of the Sephora glosses. It gives a nice shine and it doesn't feel sticky, but the staying power is not so great.

As I said in my reviews of the other two glosses, I think that it's an OK product. Would I pay money for these glosses? Nope (because there are many other glosses I prefer). If I can get a deal where I get these for free again, though, I wouldn't hesitate to take advantage of it.

on 9/28/2009 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Thank you Sephora for my free birthday gloss. This is one of the glosses in the birthday gift. I love this color. Its very verastile pink/coral/red shade. I love the slant tip and the texture. The moisture from the glosss stays on my lips even when the gloss itself dissapears. Its a must for winter!