Essie Chinchilly

Essie Chinchilly
ChinchillyChinchilly

4.6

Mid-tone pirple-gray creme. Evens out well. Beautiful color for fingers on fair skin (all I can attest to).

on 1/3/2015 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Well since Sally Hansen's Miracle Gel has all my nails peeling in a hundred layers, I needed something to cover up the ugliness. This is a great grey polish which when topped with a glossy topcoat shines like the sun. Very pretty on my short, short nails (til the ugly grows out). Even tried it with a matte topcoat which was pretty cool and very different. Good product Essie!

on 11/22/2014 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Adore this color. Perfect for fall and winter, and totally approriate for both a night out and for the office. I really like the formula, not too runny, really easy to get a perfect application. For some reason 99% of nail polishes chip within 24 hours on my nails, this one, however, I've been wearing now for 4 days and only minimal chipping started to appear today. Get lasting power, beautiful color, very versatile and easy formula to work with! Love it

on 11/16/2014 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I was so skeptical buying this color as I never thought much of gray nail polish. But it is an essie classic so I decided to give it a try and I'm sure glad I did! On my brown hands it looks more smoky purple than gray. Very good for fall and winter and actually work appropriate. Only thing is that it can kind of make my hands look a bit ashy,but that's alright I just keep moisturizing. Formula was good but you do need multiple coats for opacity.

on 9/12/2014 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Essie Chinchilly is a very pretty dove grey polish, which leans towards a soft lavender colour in certain lights. This neutral colour polish will go with anything! Applied smoothly in just 2 coats and stayed chip free until I took it off a week later. It was beautifully shiny but I added Essie’s Good to Go top coat for good measure!

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I got a mini version of Chinchilly in a set (alongside a mini Forever Yummy and a full-sized Ballet Slippers) called "Forever Young" on clearance at SDM. As with the other mini, Chinchilly had a perfect brush and a ball bearing inside. 2-3 coats left me with a glossy, even manicure. This grey polish with lavender and taupe notes is perfectly-named, and it makes me want to snuggle up with a blanket and a warm beverage! :) This is the best grey polish I've tried. Would repurchase as a mini or, ideally, as a full-sized polish!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Love this color! Soft, muted grey with a hint of lavender :) Reminds me of winter sweaters. It's a very work-appropriate color and would work well with most(if not all) skin tones! Remember to shake/roll the bottle thoroughly before you use it! My first and second coats glided on as smoothly as you please, and I forgot to roll the bottle before applying the third coat(it's a bit sheer but three thin coats will do the trick) and there were some bubbles and the polish thickened like it was ten years old. That was my fault for forgetting to shake it :P Great formula(it's a crelly so it's a bit sheer), fantastic drying time(this seemed to dry a lot faster than my Pretty Edgy bottle), and wonderful color! The lavender blush saves it from being an "ordinary" grey. Love!

on 2/20/2014 3:28:00 PM

Best colour for the office and virtually anywhere. I'm currently on my second bottle of this grey/lavender polish and I love it!! It's my go to polish for work, casual and dressy events. Can't rave enough about this. I agree that 3-4 coats are needed for full colour without streaks but I'm more than willing to do it for this colour.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I got this on sale in one of those christmas sets at Shoppers Drug Mart. My first Essies! Anyway, i LOVE THIS POLISH. The colour is soooo gorgeous and i dont know what those people were saying about the formula because its awesome. I have brown skin and it looks so sophisticated and lovely. GET IT.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My bottle of Chinchilly has a watery and streaky formula. It also pulls very grey on me and makes my hands look dead. Fortunately I have been able to use it in frankens, so it won't go to waste.

Popular Polishes