Sunday Riley Good Genes

Sunday Riley Good Genes

3.6

NV-5 Ageless Complex (Opuntia Tuna Fruit (Prickly Pear) Extract, Cyripeedium Pubescens (Lady’s Slipper Orchid) Extract, Opuntia Tuna Fruit, Opuntia Vulgaris (Cactus) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract & Saccharomyces Cerevisiae (Yeast) Extract), Lactic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Squalene, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol and Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate and PEG-100 Stearate, Arnica Extract, PEG-75 Meadowsol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Extract, Lemongrass Extract, Triethanolamine, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Steareth-20, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, DMDM Hydantoin.

on 1/27/2018 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I purchased a bottle of Good Genes after liking the results from a deluxe sample from Sephora. It’s expensive at $110CAD. The lactic acid provides a deep exfoliation, but the smell of the product is pretty revolting. While my skin did see some resurfacing results, the lactic acid stings and my skin really started getting red and blotchy. I prefer a good AHA peel than using this serum daily. I won’t be repurchasing.

on 1/23/2018 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

Mind-Blowing. This product gave me instant overnight results, and after one week of use, nightly, i noticed that all my pores were cleared up, or clogged pores were very easily extracted (with no pain or struggle.) I use it sparingly because of the price, and now, instead of every night i use it a few times a week. Pricey but worth it. Will continue to buy as long as it is on the market. Remarkable product.

on 1/21/2018 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I purchased a smaller container of Good Genes, along with Luna, as part of the Sunday Riley Power Couple Set. I needed a travel sized Luna, and wanted to try Good Genes, so the set was ideal. After using Good Genes every other night (my skin is pretty sensitive) I didn’t see a difference, and when I bumped it up to every night, it irritated my skin. Good Genes is just not for me. I am able to use Luna with no issues (except the price - eek!), as well as Tidal. So I thought Good Genes would fall right into place. It did not. If you have sensitive skin, watch out.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got a bunch of the small samples from Sephora and really didnt expect much since I'd never heard of it before. Chemical exfoliation was a new concept to me. I have combo, sensitive, acne-prone skin and so I would always exfoliate, but with a scrub or brush. Not any more after using this stuff. HOLY COW.. what a difference. It has COMPLETELY changed my skin. It has shrunk my pores, I think its because it has cleared out the gunk in my pores. My skin texture is smoother and so my makeup applies so much nicer (liquid foundation specifically). I also believe my skin did some purging the first week or so, I got a few little white heads but wasnt bad. I've been using it over a month now and I will never go without it again. I would recommend you try a sample of at least 5 days to see how your skin reacts.. then purchase because its pricey, but worth it for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff. It’s refinished my skin completely. I use it morning and night, every day. It never breaks me out, and it brings deep hydration into the skin. The texture I started getting after 10 years of smoking (stupid, I know) around my nose has improved dramatically- I thought I was going to have to get fillers. When you think about GG versus THAT kind of money, it’s an investment. I love it and I will continue to make sure I always have it in my arsenal. Lots of people will spend that kind of money on an outfit or a pair of shoes without batting an eyelash- this is your face, people.

on 1/3/2018 11:24:00 AM

I don't write many reviews even though I should. That said, I have to report that Sunday Riley Good Genes is the real deal. I used it for the first time yesterday morning. I used it after my CE + Ferulic Acid serum and before my sunscreen. I have these ugly little bags under each corner of my mouth (sort of like bags under the eyes) and I hate the way they look. Getting old is awesome :(
Anyway, I have gotten filler for these for a few years now, but the cost of that is becoming prohibitive. I got a sample of GG from Sephora and when I read that it plumps up the skin, I had to try it. To my amazement, those little bags were GONE within 2 minutes of applying the GG. Even better - it lasted all day. I am always stunned when a skincare product does what it claims to do. I don't know about the long term effects yet, but the immediate plumping and brightening it gives my skin is worth it. Two people complimented me on my skin yesterday, too! Naturally I ran to Sephora and bought a bottle.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This does not work well for my combo skin -- it broke me out in red pimples on my cheeks and chin. I have tried using it several times, and each time I break out. I dont see any improvement in my skin's texture, either. The smell is gross, too. This didn't work for me, so I will stick with my Drunk Elephant.

on 12/28/2017 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

All-in-One Lactic Acid Treatment - Not a big fan of this. It has a distinctive scent that I don’t find all that pleasant to be honest. Is it just me or are the Sunday Riley products overhyped and overpriced for what they do? I much prefer my glycolic acid treatment cream over this as I find it a better exfoliant for my dry skin.

on 12/10/2017 10:11:00 AM

I bought it after looking at Stephanie Nicole's video comparing this to a drunk elephant serum. I don't follow a skin care routine as regimented as hers nor do I use as many products as Caroline Hirons suggests you use. But, I like their overall skin care advice.

My current skin care routine and skin care advice I have followed is below:
I had bad acne and bad scarring 3 years back. Acne was not debilitating but a handful in cheeks every month. I was following no-foam policy of CH back then. But now and ever since I began to have good skin (ie only acne free) - 3 yrs of no acne breakouts - I've been using a cheap Dove cleanser + minimal products. It is foaming but not drying. I used another Clarins foam cleanser and I began breaking out again. So a non-stripping cleanser has been my biggest game changer when it came to stopping acne. Good genes did not help stop acne so want to mention that. I love Dove and Ceramic Slip by Sunday Riley. Ceramic Slip is better but expensive. With my current cleansing routine, I use bioderma followed by coconut oil or any cleansing oil for face and follow with Dove face wash. I use hot wash cloth in combination with oil cleansing and do this only when I use makeup.
I stopped having acne after this routine but still had a lot of purple brown hyper pigmentation, texture, dry cheeks, dull skin and I never thought I'd have good skin again especially never thought I'll be able to fade hyperpigmentaion and blemishes. I wanted to tell this because I started good genes when I had no active acne but had the concerns I noted above plus blackheads and skin congestion/whiteheads on my cheeks.

My skin got better dramatically with good genes. I've used dove cleanser + tidal as moisturizer + good genes + nuxe eye cream for over 10 months now and with only these my skin got dramatically better.

How I came to buy this: After much Caroline Hirons reading, I concluded I had to get an acid exfoliation and retinol in my routine. I bought Paula's Choice BHA 5%. It peeled me and caused excessive redness and flaking and dry parched skin near nose. I binned it after 3 months of use. Then I bought Good Genes. This one is aha/lactic acid. This product is nothing short of brilliant. My scars are still there but look smoothed out. All my hyper pigmentation and redness near nose is gone after I've gone through one bottle of this. All my other concerns noted also improved a lot. I used this up in 10 months as I did 1x, 2 days a week for first few months and 1x daily for the last 4 months. I used it sparingly and only intermittently the first few months. I believe my next bottle will be over much sooner. This product is incredible and it works fast. The skin looks plump and supple the next morning after application. It does not absorb fully and looks shiny/sticky on top of skin after application. But it works, nevertheless. I will buy this one as long as they sell one.

Order at night :
Wash face with Dove. Do bioderma + oil cleansing if I used makeup. Still follow up with dove.
Good genes + eye cream

Pros:
- hyper pigmentation and redness gone w/one bottle usage over 10 months. I had a few stubborn purple brown pigmentation spots and two three blackheads a month on cheeks before using this. Redness around nose is gone. I'm extremely happy with my skin now.
- blackheads on cheeks almost stopped. On my nose I still get a few tiny ones but major ones no longer appear.
- no peeling or flaking or dryness. Easy to slap on and go during night. No frills. I never used a moisturizer with this one every single day I used. I never got a drying feeling from this. Rather I had supple skin next morning.
- improves texture to an extent and cheeks feel less congested - lesser whiteheads or bumps. I've not had whiteheads or any kind of bumps for as long as I've used this.

Cons:
- very very expensive

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product, i have a sensitive skin so, when i used this after 2 days it made patches of dry and irritated skin. But then idiscovered that i need to not use it everyday and let my skin get accustommed!! And it did! My face looks whiter and i got complements from my coworkers. Also, ive been hearing that its too small but 1 bottle can last me 2 months half. And thats 2x a day. So for for me its worth it!