Sunday Riley Good Genes

Sunday Riley Good Genes

3.6

NV-5 Ageless Complex (Opuntia Tuna Fruit (Prickly Pear) Extract, Cyripeedium Pubescens (Lady’s Slipper Orchid) Extract, Opuntia Tuna Fruit, Opuntia Vulgaris (Cactus) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract & Saccharomyces Cerevisiae (Yeast) Extract), Lactic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Squalene, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol and Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate and PEG-100 Stearate, Arnica Extract, PEG-75 Meadowsol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Extract, Lemongrass Extract, Triethanolamine, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Steareth-20, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, DMDM Hydantoin.

on 2/22/2018 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This product is ok but what I really want to say is the moderators on this website are ok with blatant racism on the boards and refuse to remove trolls who abuse the flagging option.

...did the woman at Sephora give me the wrong sample or does this smell like a fresh porta-pot? I'd better wake up with skin that looks like a baby's a$$, because this stuff smells noxious. Holy cow how does that go unmentioned in the positive reviews? And how did this scent get past initial focus groups??

on 2/5/2018 9:22:00 AM

I love this product! I have used it for many years. It is one of the best lactic acid treatments out there. While using this product every other night I notice several improvements to my skin. It gives my skin a nice glow, lines and wrinkles look less noticeable. I also notice a reduction in dark spots from acne. The packaging is great and keeps ingredients fresh with the easy to use pump. I can't say enough good things about good genes. It really is a must have product.

I would like to state that I only review a product after I have finished the entire full size. If I was not able to finish the product due to irritation, I will say so in my review.

on 1/27/2018 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I purchased a bottle of Good Genes after liking the results from a deluxe sample from Sephora. It’s expensive at $110CAD. The lactic acid provides a deep exfoliation, but the smell of the product is pretty revolting. While my skin did see some resurfacing results, the lactic acid stings and my skin really started getting red and blotchy. I prefer a good AHA peel than using this serum daily. I won’t be repurchasing.

on 1/23/2018 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

Mind-Blowing. This product gave me instant overnight results, and after one week of use, nightly, i noticed that all my pores were cleared up, or clogged pores were very easily extracted (with no pain or struggle.) I use it sparingly because of the price, and now, instead of every night i use it a few times a week. Pricey but worth it. Will continue to buy as long as it is on the market. Remarkable product.

on 1/21/2018 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I purchased a smaller container of Good Genes, along with Luna, as part of the Sunday Riley Power Couple Set. I needed a travel sized Luna, and wanted to try Good Genes, so the set was ideal. After using Good Genes every other night (my skin is pretty sensitive) I didn’t see a difference, and when I bumped it up to every night, it irritated my skin. Good Genes is just not for me. I am able to use Luna with no issues (except the price - eek!), as well as Tidal. So I thought Good Genes would fall right into place. It did not. If you have sensitive skin, watch out.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got a bunch of the small samples from Sephora and really didnt expect much since I'd never heard of it before. Chemical exfoliation was a new concept to me. I have combo, sensitive, acne-prone skin and so I would always exfoliate, but with a scrub or brush. Not any more after using this stuff. HOLY COW.. what a difference. It has COMPLETELY changed my skin. It has shrunk my pores, I think its because it has cleared out the gunk in my pores. My skin texture is smoother and so my makeup applies so much nicer (liquid foundation specifically). I also believe my skin did some purging the first week or so, I got a few little white heads but wasnt bad. I've been using it over a month now and I will never go without it again. I would recommend you try a sample of at least 5 days to see how your skin reacts.. then purchase because its pricey, but worth it for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff. It’s refinished my skin completely. I use it morning and night, every day. It never breaks me out, and it brings deep hydration into the skin. The texture I started getting after 10 years of smoking (stupid, I know) around my nose has improved dramatically- I thought I was going to have to get fillers. When you think about GG versus THAT kind of money, it’s an investment. I love it and I will continue to make sure I always have it in my arsenal. Lots of people will spend that kind of money on an outfit or a pair of shoes without batting an eyelash- this is your face, people.

on 1/3/2018 11:24:00 AM

I don't write many reviews even though I should. That said, I have to report that Sunday Riley Good Genes is the real deal. I used it for the first time yesterday morning. I used it after my CE + Ferulic Acid serum and before my sunscreen. I have these ugly little bags under each corner of my mouth (sort of like bags under the eyes) and I hate the way they look. Getting old is awesome :(
Anyway, I have gotten filler for these for a few years now, but the cost of that is becoming prohibitive. I got a sample of GG from Sephora and when I read that it plumps up the skin, I had to try it. To my amazement, those little bags were GONE within 2 minutes of applying the GG. Even better - it lasted all day. I am always stunned when a skincare product does what it claims to do. I don't know about the long term effects yet, but the immediate plumping and brightening it gives my skin is worth it. Two people complimented me on my skin yesterday, too! Naturally I ran to Sephora and bought a bottle.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This does not work well for my combo skin -- it broke me out in red pimples on my cheeks and chin. I have tried using it several times, and each time I break out. I dont see any improvement in my skin's texture, either. The smell is gross, too. This didn't work for me, so I will stick with my Drunk Elephant.