Sunday Riley Good Genes

Sunday Riley Good Genes

3.6

NV-5 Ageless Complex (Opuntia Tuna Fruit (Prickly Pear) Extract, Cyripeedium Pubescens (Lady’s Slipper Orchid) Extract, Opuntia Tuna Fruit, Opuntia Vulgaris (Cactus) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract & Saccharomyces Cerevisiae (Yeast) Extract), Lactic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Squalene, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol and Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate and PEG-100 Stearate, Arnica Extract, PEG-75 Meadowsol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Extract, Lemongrass Extract, Triethanolamine, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Steareth-20, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, DMDM Hydantoin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really like this!
Pros:
A very mild AHA, doesn't my dry/sensitive skin.
Leaves my skin feeling SO soft the next morning.
Evens out skin tone/dullness.
Little goes a long way.

Cons:
The smell. UGH. It smells like pee.
I don't like this as a mask at all.
Price- it's absurd for a lactic acid serum.

on 3/23/2016 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Despite that this product actually works, I don't think I would buy it again.
I felt a slight tingle after night application and the smell is horrible. My skin feels smooth and rejuvenated in the morning, very glad to see a product worked on my skin.
Sadly, Good Genes is too drying for everyday use... in my age, I really need to keep my skin plumped and moisturized, so for that reason, I will not buy it again.

on 3/19/2016 7:16:00 PM

Deserved of cult status.

Veritable complexion game changer when used as night treatment post-exfoliation: morning time guaranteed to bring with it newly clarified, radiant visage: what's not to love!

I love this product.

I only use it at night but it makes my skin so smooth and I've found it's really helped with my pore size. After a course of Accutane I had some hyper pigmentation around my nose and mouth and this definitely helped to lighten the marks. I was told by one of the staff that the lactic acid in this helps to make your other skincare more effective and I think I agree. I've tried GG with Bionic as well as moisturisers from other brands and it simply makes my skin look better!

on 2/22/2016 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

I don't have very sensitive skin, but the tingling was too much for me. It also left me with big red patches. The product is so expensive that I tried to give it a second chance. The result was still the same. Maybe, chemical exfoliants are not for dry skin. And the smell was awful too.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Mirror mirror...are you serious?! This might be a game changer. Day 4 of using this exclusively morning and night and I can't stop staring at my face. I can absolutely see a difference. Skin seems much more supple, is smoother and brighter, tone is more even, texture is softer, and PIH marks are already fading. And yes, Virginia, there is a GLOW. Legit tingle upon application but that quickly fades after a few minutes. This might be the fountain of youth you guys but goddammitt why is it so expensive

on 1/26/2016 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I got a deluxe sample from Sephora that lasted about a week, used morning and night. I wasn't sure how much to use so I started with one pump. There was no tingling. Within a couple of days my skin was looking noticeably worse. I wanted to give this product a fair trial and I thought I might not be using enough so I upped it to two pumps. There was still no tingling nor beneficial effect. It seemed to dehydrate my skin. Fine lines got worse and there was a loss of plumpness. Some pores got clogged and the skin looked rougher. To be fair, I stopped using my oil serum while I was trying this (though I was still using moisturizers). Once the sample was finished I started an oil serum sample and my skin immediately improved.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm not sure if it is due to Good Genes or my new skincare regimen overall but I'm finding my skin is looking more even-toned and for the first time ever I'm considering skipping foundation. Never thought I'd be one of those girls that gets away with just a swipe of mascara!

My skin type is: dehydrated combination skin (lacks moisture & gets oily), large pores, mild redness around the nose, no sensitivity issues.

First use of GG produced a mild tingling sensation that went away. Didn't have any redness or sensitivity the next day. If you have truly sensitive skin you might want to patch test first.

GG makes my skin look so lovely and even toned the next day. My skin is less oily in the morning too, which is typically a problem that I have. Paired up with regular (physical) exfoliation, I'm seeing pores on my face shrinking especially on the nose! Exfoliating alone wasn't doing the trick but GG really helps.

I only use GG at night even though it says it's good for day/night and I alternate between GG, Luna, and vitamin C serum at night. It's possible to layer all the products but I prefer not to so I can see what really works for me. I think I prefer GG over Luna and would definitely repurchase. It's too bad it's so pricey!

on 12/29/2015 3:18:00 AM

Hate that it's so expensive, but it works to the point where I bite the bullet.

I've been using this sparingly (everyday, but less than half a pump), and my skin's never looked better. I don't even use foundation/bb cream anymore. I just wear sunscreen, and dab a bit of concealer on old acne scars (which are fading). My skin is brighter and softer.

I rarely feel the sting or tingle, probably because I use so little.
But even with my lack of usage, there's already an airhole dent in the bottle.
So little product! And super expensive, too. Docked off a lippie due to price point.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Crazy expensive but this really does work wonders! It stings a little and makes my skin a little red but doesn't irritate my skin otherwise and overall really brightens and tones my skin. I also really like the smell, it reminds me of ginger for some reason. I'm definitely going to repurchase which I almost never say.