Sunday Riley Good Genes

Sunday Riley Good Genes

3.6

NV-5 Ageless Complex (Opuntia Tuna Fruit (Prickly Pear) Extract, Cyripeedium Pubescens (Lady’s Slipper Orchid) Extract, Opuntia Tuna Fruit, Opuntia Vulgaris (Cactus) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract & Saccharomyces Cerevisiae (Yeast) Extract), Lactic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Squalene, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol and Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate and PEG-100 Stearate, Arnica Extract, PEG-75 Meadowsol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Extract, Lemongrass Extract, Triethanolamine, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Steareth-20, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, DMDM Hydantoin.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Ok, I've spent way too much money on my medium olive dry skin and the hyperpigmentation I despise. All very high end products that cost as much as good genes and luna sleeping oil. So when I read about Sunday Riley products, I dove in. GG, Luna, Tidal, and bionic. I just started using this 2 day ago, after the first night using Luna, Good genes and tidal cream, I awoke to skin of my youth, the hyperpigmentation was almost nonexistent, but of coarse I still see it when looking into magnifying mirror. I aso use Peter Thomas Roth 10%, and Bare Minerals Butter Drench Restorative Cream that I purchased at Sephora 3 weeks ago, I think this has helped alot too. But this review is for Sunday Riley Good Genes, I love this in morning along with Bionic and use Peter Thomas Roth CC cream with 30 broadspectrum spf that I just received yesterday. I'm 42 years old and thid is the summer of hats and getting my skin in shape. I love this site and always come here for reviews. I so apreciate you ladies, young and younger, for all your help along our search for the fountain of youth. Thanks and continue to fight the good fight with grace and knowledge!

on 4/25/2016 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Hey guys so this product is definitely worth it - it does give me an incredible skin complexion overtime evens my skin tone and leaves my skin soft and smooth and supple and looking like a perfect skin having mofo. Lol

However I wouldn't use it with Luna in fact Luna didn't even work on me and actually gave me pimples. I know it's not the Good Genes cause good genes actually slightly minimizes my pimples and pores ! So I would recommend buying this over the Luna Oil!

The smell is not so great but the results are superb!

I wouldn't buy again unless I had that extra money for it - I'm not completely sure of this as a HG product.
Give it a try!

on 4/19/2016 9:29:00 PM

I have been using Good Genes for about two months. I was expecting big things after reading the product's multiple claims and so many positive reviews, but so far have been underwhelmed. The "flash facial" works fairly well for a temporary pick-me-up, but otherwise i have seen no overall improvement in my skin whatsoever. I actually have started getting pimples again which I thought I had outgrown... but hard to say if that's due to the Good Genes, the Sunday Riley Luna oil I have also been using (I alternate the two products each night) or just hormones.

I have a feeling this product might work well if you use it in large doses - a full pump every night perhaps - but given the cost and how little product there is in the bottle, I can't afford to find out.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really like this!
Pros:
A very mild AHA, doesn't my dry/sensitive skin.
Leaves my skin feeling SO soft the next morning.
Evens out skin tone/dullness.
Little goes a long way.

Cons:
The smell. UGH. It smells like pee.
I don't like this as a mask at all.
Price- it's absurd for a lactic acid serum.

on 3/23/2016 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Despite that this product actually works, I don't think I would buy it again.
I felt a slight tingle after night application and the smell is horrible. My skin feels smooth and rejuvenated in the morning, very glad to see a product worked on my skin.
Sadly, Good Genes is too drying for everyday use... in my age, I really need to keep my skin plumped and moisturized, so for that reason, I will not buy it again.

on 3/19/2016 7:16:00 PM

Deserved of cult status.

Veritable complexion game changer when used as night treatment post-exfoliation: morning time guaranteed to bring with it newly clarified, radiant visage: what's not to love!

I love this product.

I only use it at night but it makes my skin so smooth and I've found it's really helped with my pore size. After a course of Accutane I had some hyper pigmentation around my nose and mouth and this definitely helped to lighten the marks. I was told by one of the staff that the lactic acid in this helps to make your other skincare more effective and I think I agree. I've tried GG with Bionic as well as moisturisers from other brands and it simply makes my skin look better!

on 2/22/2016 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

I don't have very sensitive skin, but the tingling was too much for me. It also left me with big red patches. The product is so expensive that I tried to give it a second chance. The result was still the same. Maybe, chemical exfoliants are not for dry skin. And the smell was awful too.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Mirror mirror...are you serious?! This might be a game changer. Day 4 of using this exclusively morning and night and I can't stop staring at my face. I can absolutely see a difference. Skin seems much more supple, is smoother and brighter, tone is more even, texture is softer, and PIH marks are already fading. And yes, Virginia, there is a GLOW. Legit tingle upon application but that quickly fades after a few minutes. This might be the fountain of youth you guys but goddammitt why is it so expensive

on 1/26/2016 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I got a deluxe sample from Sephora that lasted about a week, used morning and night. I wasn't sure how much to use so I started with one pump. There was no tingling. Within a couple of days my skin was looking noticeably worse. I wanted to give this product a fair trial and I thought I might not be using enough so I upped it to two pumps. There was still no tingling nor beneficial effect. It seemed to dehydrate my skin. Fine lines got worse and there was a loss of plumpness. Some pores got clogged and the skin looked rougher. To be fair, I stopped using my oil serum while I was trying this (though I was still using moisturizers). Once the sample was finished I started an oil serum sample and my skin immediately improved.