Sunday Riley Good Genes

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Sunday Riley Good Genes

3.4

NV-5 Ageless Complex (Opuntia Tuna Fruit (Prickly Pear) Extract, Cyripeedium Pubescens (Lady’s Slipper Orchid) Extract, Opuntia Tuna Fruit, Opuntia Vulgaris (Cactus) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract & Saccharomyces Cerevisiae (Yeast) Extract), Lactic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Squalene, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol and Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate and PEG-100 Stearate, Arnica Extract, PEG-75 Meadowsol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Extract, Lemongrass Extract, Triethanolamine, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Steareth-20, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, DMDM Hydantoin.

on 3/21/2018 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This has completely revamped my skin. I used to get pimples and breaks out at least once a week (not bad, but it was annoying red spots) and always had dark circles under my eyes. Since using this and the ordinary retinoid granactive 2% my skin is amazing. I've been using it for almsot 3 months now. It gave me smoother more even skin. I almost never break out (if it I do, its small and gone within the day). My dark circles are lighter and it has faded my acne scars. It has also reduced some fine lines I had

Soooo expensive but it has made my skin completely different. 100% would repurchase. I have normal-oily skin - may not be suitable for dry skin I think.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got a bunch of the small samples from Sephora and really didnt expect much since I'd never heard of it before. Chemical exfoliation was a new concept to me. I have combo, sensitive, acne-prone skin and so I would always exfoliate, but with a scrub or brush. Not any more after using this stuff. HOLY COW.. what a difference. It has COMPLETELY changed my skin. It has shrunk my pores, I think its because it has cleared out the gunk in my pores. My skin texture is smoother and so my makeup applies so much nicer (liquid foundation specifically). I also believe my skin did some purging the first week or so, I got a few little white heads but wasnt bad. I've been using it over a month now and I will never go without it again. I would recommend you try a sample of at least 5 days to see how your skin reacts.. then purchase because its pricey, but worth it for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff. It’s refinished my skin completely. I use it morning and night, every day. It never breaks me out, and it brings deep hydration into the skin. The texture I started getting after 10 years of smoking (stupid, I know) around my nose has improved dramatically- I thought I was going to have to get fillers. When you think about GG versus THAT kind of money, it’s an investment. I love it and I will continue to make sure I always have it in my arsenal. Lots of people will spend that kind of money on an outfit or a pair of shoes without batting an eyelash- this is your face, people.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I couldn't work why I couldn't get any product out of this do opened the bottle to find a TUBE inside that the pump was connected to.

Not going to buy again. What a rip off.

on 4/8/2017 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've done my research as always before buying this one. I truly believe that skincare & makeup are personal so our skin may react differently. Having said that, this did nothing on my face. Used it as a mask as well knowing that I'm wasting a lot of product but still no improvements. Such a waste of money.

on 5/26/2016 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I don't like this product for three reasons. First, the smell remains me of urine. Sorry, it's a little TMI. I have no idea why it remains me of that but every time I use it, I just can't stand the smell. Second, it makes my face itchy. I don't know how this happens either. I have never experienced something like this with another product before and I don't have sensitive skin. Weirdly it doesn't make my face red or anything and I don't break out from this. It just leaves my face feeling itchy. Maybe that's what is supposed to happen? No idea. And lastly, I haven't seen any results from this, which is very disappointing. I have been using this for about 2 months now. On the package they suggest to use 2 to 3 pumps I think. I personally think that's too much. I have combination to oily skin that is more oily now since it's getting into summer. This product makes my face greasy. It sits on my skin and doesn't get absorbed quickly. It doesn't lighten my hyperpigmentation and doesn't even out my skin, which was the main reason why I bought it. I don't think I will buy it again.

on 10/13/2015 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using the sample for two/three weeks now. I use it 6 days in a row for the first week and every two days the second and third week. I use it at night after I double cleanse myself with low pH cleanser as the second cleanser and I use acid toner from my dermatologist afterwards. and then I put the good genes on and nothing afterwards as I wanna see the result on its own.

sometimes I wait half an hour after toning sometimes not at all. if I wait, I get the tingle a veryveryvery slight tingle like almost nothing kind of tingle? but sadly it does almost nothing to my skin.

my skin is combination right now somewhat dehydrated with slight oil on my t-zone so my face is kinda dull. I need hydrating exfoliant so I thought lactic acid is the right one but maybe Good Genes is not the right kind or maybe something in the formulation idk guys I'm not good at chemistry but bear with me (and my long ass review).

so many people said that they wake up to glowing skin, I don't. some people said that the result is almost immediate upon application, I only see dull skin me. I don't mind the lemony-herbaly scent as long as it works. but the thing is, it really doesn't do shit to my complexion. and considering the lack of tingle (which a lot of people said this thing tingles like crazy) maybe a bad sample? I mean with that $$$ pricetag we certainly have high hopes, right? right.

oh! the first time I used it, I thought the dullness is there because it was my dead skin cell waiting to get washed away with morning cleanse. after I cleanse it..... um... I kinda glowy? not like second-coming-of-jesus-kind-of-glow but I can see it there idk maybe it's true or maybe it's the placebo effect.

whatever, at least it does not break my out. and eventhough it doesn't make my skin glowy, it actually helps my pimples to calm down but it doesn't necessarily help it to rapidly subsides. the good genes may be helping the PIH to fade away but it's not gloriously fasten the process. because if it does, I would notice it and screams in joy singing early christmas songs. but no. nothing happened.

EDIT 14/12/2015 : it actually did give me glow because I when I scrolled down on my selfies on my phone (don't judge me it's for research purposes lol), selfies from when I used this serum look glowy and now I lost my glow. I don't get that purge nonsense, it evens out my skintone and texture give it the glow that I desire. UGH I feel like I only appreciate things when it's gone :( this is a major bummer because I'm a college student I can't afford to buy this serum in full size but now I know that it actually works and I was so blind to see it, I think I'm gonna save a LOT of money for this.

on 12/14/2014 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product! For those that have sensitive skin, do beware because it has a lot of lactic acid in it (an ingredient that helps with refining the skin surface) and also other active ingredients. I've been using it for months now and my scars from acne has been significant reduced, my skin tone has evened out too!!! I do have to say that this product doesn't really hydrate the skin so make sure u use a moisturise after!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Oh dear, I think I've made a very costly mistake by purchasing this product. I mainly wanted to try it because I have moderate hyperpigmenation and scarring from the terrible acne I experienced a few years ago. I've used one pump each night for the last 4 nights after cleansing, but so far it has only made my skin look so much more red and inflamed. My face is covered in tiny irritation bumps. They're very small and hard to see unless you're standing right next to me, but I'm afraid they're only going to get worse. My cheeks and forehead look like they've been sunburned, but it's really just this product that's caused the terrible redness. And to top it all off, the skin along my jawline is unbearably itchy. I've never considered myself to have sensitive skin, so I'm quite surprised by my reaction to this product. I haven't introduced any new skincare products to my regime other than Good Genes, so I'm certain that it's this stuff that's the culprit.

Now I just have to decide if I should continue to use this serum in the hopes that it will eventually do what it's supposed to, or if I should cut my losses and toss this before it gets any worse. I will update this review if necessary, but for the time being, I would advise you to avoid Good Genes!

**UPDATE** I've been using this nightly for well over a month now. The irritation bumps and itchiness I experienced initally are no longer an issue, but this product still makes my skin greasy and red after application. I have yet to see any improvement in my skin in terms of acne scars and hyperpigmentation, nor does my skin have a glow. My face feels smooth but I could get the same result from using a microdermabrasion scrub (Kiehl's is my favourite). I can't believe Sunday Riley can get away with charging 85 for this bottle of nothing!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I did not want to fall in love with this product because it is expensive for me, but it has been a miracle for my oily, acne-prone skin. I use it every other night, alternating with Retin-A, and this seems to be the magic formula for my skin. I do stray and try other products when I get samples, but I keep returning to this. I would like to point out that if you don't live near a Barneys, you can order this from Nordstrom and Sephora--If you are unhappy, you can return it to the store nearest you with no hassle.