Urban Decay Baked

Urban Decay Baked
BakedBaked

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/4/2010 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

rich luscious golden shimmer -- it is not a dark gold or gold that is so light it looks yellow... just that, rich.

I use it as a middle eyelid color and gradiate it out towards a darker brown smallish V with Nylon or Shroom in the inner eyelid and tearduct... works beautifully for a golden/brown smoked eye.

gorgeous product in a gorgeous case.

you cant pack on to much or it looks orange sparkle overall good product

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a beautiful rich gold. It blends like a dream, and is super pigmented. Only thing is that it can get a little bit orange if you pack it on too much so apply lightly!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is a great gold eyeshadow, very highly pigmented. I have it in the get baked palette. I can barely tell a difference between this and half baked, so I wouldn't buy both full sizes separately. I think this one is a bit darker than half baked. I wear golds and bronzes lots in the summer and I really like this and half baked on the lid with twice baked in the crease.

on 2/17/2010 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was a little skeptical about this eyeshadow at first, because I was never attracted to Urban Decay and I thought their e/s were too overhyped, but I tried this and I fell in love with it.
This is a rich beautiful bronze/gold color, very pigmented - I only needed 2 strokes on the pan and my whole eyelid was covered.
What suprised me the most was the staying power, it stayed on all day, with no primer under it, and even after I sweated and had a busy day, it was not even creasing. I was really suprised, bc any shadow I wear, any brand, creases on my lid after a couple hours, this was the first that didn't.
Would definetly love to try other colors of this e/s and even other Urban Decay products, I can't believe I did not try them before.
I like the packaging, it is cute - I don't give 5 on packaging unless I really like it.

on 1/31/2010 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
beautiful gold color
very smooth
blendable
silky finish
not glittery as many UD shadows are
great quality
cute packaing

Cons:
expensive but worth it.

This is my absolute favorite gold e/s to use. it is of great quality and i would definitely repurchase

on 1/31/2010 12:44:00 PM

Absolutely. Gorgeous. Great as a liner, great as a sweep of colour in the summer. Ah. I love it so much!

on 1/31/2010 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was really excited about getting this in the Wonderland BOS and it did not let me down. At first I didn't think I could pull off such a bold Gold shadow that is very warm toned, but with my neutral skintone it works nicely for the summer months. It's a orange/yellow gold and very metallic, but such a smooth texture.

If you smudge the 24/7 Flipside with this, the blue liner will turn a very complimentary green. Also played around with Flash (electric purple) e/s and it blended to a beautiful deep purple. So for me I found that for colors I personally think I'm a little to old for, Baked will nicely tone them down to wearable shades. So dust off your color wheel knowledge and start blending.

UPDATE (01/01/2011) I found that Half Baked was a better color for me. NC/NW 25 or Light-Medium with Neutral/Beige Undertone.

continued >>

I like Baked, but not as much as I like Half Baked. I wish I could give it a 3.5. It's pretty in it's own right and I would probably LOVE it if I didn't have Half Baked. I do use it occasionally. I like that it's got a hint of orange to it, because when I think of over-tanned people I think of orange. It's a great summer color and something I'm glad to have in my stash.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

DISCLAIMER: This review is for the Baked pan in the Book of Shadows, not the e/s single. Baked is a warm-toned medium golden bronze, much closer to true gold than what I ordinarily think of as bronze, which would be a deeper shade. Unlike a lot of UD shadows I've tried, this one is nicely pigmented. It goes on very soft and smooth, just a little crumbly, and looks really pretty with NYX Vanilla Sky.