Urban Decay Baked

Urban Decay Baked
BakedBaked

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/9/2011 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is one of my favorite eyeshadows ever. I actually enjoy this one way more than Half Baked! I feel like Baked is a rich, orange gold, and Half Baked is more yellow. I think this one is way more flattering on my olive skin tone and has 10X better pigmentation than Half Baked. I love to wear this with Smog in the outer V and crease with a matte off-white to highlight. Finished off with winged eyeliner and mascara, and it creates the perfect, gorgeous look!

I picked up this eyeshadow on a whim during my first Sephora trip when I was in 7th grade. I think that automatically makes it a little more special for me. As all UD shadow go, it's well pigmented and has a great consistency. The color is really pretty with my green eyes but this is a shade of gold that could look great on anyone. I've fallen victim to dropping the eyeshadow by accident and it "transforming" into a loose powder, so be careful! Baked looks great applied lightly, as part of a smoky eye, on applied wet for more drama.

on 6/19/2011 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this eye shadow in the Urban Decay 'Alice in Wonderland' palette and i was instantly drawn to it, it's the most intense metallic gold/bronze shimmer and makes my blue eye's pop like WOW.
It's so pigmented so you only have to use a little for it to make an impact.
There are many eye shadow's on the market that mimic this colour but i think this is truly the best one.
I usually wear this with Urban Decay's 'Chopper'.

on 6/17/2011 1:02:00 PM

I love this eye shadow. I'm a huge fan of bargains, so I was a bit iffy about paying nearly $20 for eye shadow; but I realized that if I put all the money I've spent on rubbishy drug store eye shadows towards something better, I'd have quite a lot of UD shadows by now.

I took the plunge and bought this eye shadow and I'm so glad I did! It's super pigmented, so you don't need much. It's really easy to blend, and I love the beautfiul copper color. Not to mention, it's packaging is super durable. I can't tell you how hard I've dropped it without any damage resulting. I haven't had any issues with it creasing, rubbing off, or not lasting all day. It's a great summer shade, really simple but kind of a "natural glam" without being glitzy. Perfect for a greek goddess sunbaked look. Love it.

on 3/7/2011 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

The photos for this shadow are not true to life.
I purchased this shadow a few years ago and I am just now making a dent in it. This shadow is very GOLD! I wear it alone and with other colors. I wear it all year and it is especially pretty in the summertime. The packaging in nice and doesn't break easily. And all UD shadows are soft and easy to apply.

I gave this a 5 because it IS a good shadow, I'm just not a huge fan of the color for myself. Sephora's site describes it as a bronze shimmer but I find it to be more gold than bronze, and golds don't really work on me. It's just bronze enough to work with my coloring but I was a little disappointed in how gold it turns out. The color sample on Sephora's site is a little misleading. But the pigmentation is great and it is really long-lasting, as all UD shadows are, even without a primer, it's just a bit too gold for me to repurchase (but not bad enough for me to return).

on 7/19/2010 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This product was AMAZING!!! I just bought it a week ago and i love it. It makes my blue eyes "pop". Even though it is a little expensive... it is well made and is great.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Oh. my sweet. mother of Jesus. THIS IS AMAZING! I love UD's shadows, but I've always refused to buy singles because the palettes are such great deals. Well, I was on vacation and at a huge Sephora and decided, "What the heck, it's vacation, right?" Swatched a bunch of colors and picked Baked, and I'm so glad I did!

First off, the packaging. They actual pot is silver plastic that's made to look like a train token; very cute, actually. UD shadows always come in a purple-and-clear box, which is a little excessive, but when you consider peoples' habits of shoving their fingers in to non-testers, it's a nice touch.

The shade itself...wow. It's a beautiful Aztec gold color, very hard to translate to photographs. It's super-pigmented and goes on true to color with one swipe. Looks stunning against my light blue eyes, if I may have a moment of vanity there. ;) Plus, it's neutral enough to be office-appropriate, but punchy enough for night-time looks.

Overall, I am crazy glad that I bought this shadow. Yes, it was $17, and that's a bit much, especially when you can get a palette full of UD shadoes for $40. But I'm nuts over this shade, and I know it'll last me forever!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I love this color! It's so vibrant, and it works great with brown eyeliner. I always get compliments whenever I wear this. It goes well with my eyes (blue), and I'd imagine it would look great with brown eyes as well. Green eyes, give it a shot, but keep the receipt (just in case.)

on 5/11/2010 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I bought this after I ran out of my beloved but discontinued MAC shadestick in Penny ( a gold with a hint of copper...MAC and I have issues!!!).

Anyway... this color seemed similar at first but it just isn't Penny (tear...). Like others have said you have to apply it lightly or else it looks too orange. I am overall content with this shadow but I am still on my hunt for a Penny dupe :-(