Urban Decay Baked

Urban Decay Baked
BakedBaked

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/2/2012 6:25:00 AM

This was one of the first eyeshadows I ever purchased from Sephora, as well as my first Urban Decay product. And it does not disappoint! It's a orangey copper that looks absolutely amazing on blue eyes. I have pictures of me wearing it throughout the years, and I can always point it out and think to myself, "Oh Baked, you are awesome." I actually prefer Baked over Half Baked, since Baked is more intensely pigmented. Half Baked is also wonderful, but since it's more yellow-based, it comes off more as a coppery-gold than a true copper color.

on 12/9/2011 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is one of my favorite eyeshadows ever. I actually enjoy this one way more than Half Baked! I feel like Baked is a rich, orange gold, and Half Baked is more yellow. I think this one is way more flattering on my olive skin tone and has 10X better pigmentation than Half Baked. I love to wear this with Smog in the outer V and crease with a matte off-white to highlight. Finished off with winged eyeliner and mascara, and it creates the perfect, gorgeous look!

I picked up this eyeshadow on a whim during my first Sephora trip when I was in 7th grade. I think that automatically makes it a little more special for me. As all UD shadow go, it's well pigmented and has a great consistency. The color is really pretty with my green eyes but this is a shade of gold that could look great on anyone. I've fallen victim to dropping the eyeshadow by accident and it "transforming" into a loose powder, so be careful! Baked looks great applied lightly, as part of a smoky eye, on applied wet for more drama.

on 6/19/2011 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this eye shadow in the Urban Decay 'Alice in Wonderland' palette and i was instantly drawn to it, it's the most intense metallic gold/bronze shimmer and makes my blue eye's pop like WOW.
It's so pigmented so you only have to use a little for it to make an impact.
There are many eye shadow's on the market that mimic this colour but i think this is truly the best one.
I usually wear this with Urban Decay's 'Chopper'.

on 6/17/2011 1:02:00 PM

I love this eye shadow. I'm a huge fan of bargains, so I was a bit iffy about paying nearly $20 for eye shadow; but I realized that if I put all the money I've spent on rubbishy drug store eye shadows towards something better, I'd have quite a lot of UD shadows by now.

I took the plunge and bought this eye shadow and I'm so glad I did! It's super pigmented, so you don't need much. It's really easy to blend, and I love the beautfiul copper color. Not to mention, it's packaging is super durable. I can't tell you how hard I've dropped it without any damage resulting. I haven't had any issues with it creasing, rubbing off, or not lasting all day. It's a great summer shade, really simple but kind of a "natural glam" without being glitzy. Perfect for a greek goddess sunbaked look. Love it.

on 3/7/2011 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

The photos for this shadow are not true to life.
I purchased this shadow a few years ago and I am just now making a dent in it. This shadow is very GOLD! I wear it alone and with other colors. I wear it all year and it is especially pretty in the summertime. The packaging in nice and doesn't break easily. And all UD shadows are soft and easy to apply.

I gave this a 5 because it IS a good shadow, I'm just not a huge fan of the color for myself. Sephora's site describes it as a bronze shimmer but I find it to be more gold than bronze, and golds don't really work on me. It's just bronze enough to work with my coloring but I was a little disappointed in how gold it turns out. The color sample on Sephora's site is a little misleading. But the pigmentation is great and it is really long-lasting, as all UD shadows are, even without a primer, it's just a bit too gold for me to repurchase (but not bad enough for me to return).

on 7/19/2010 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This product was AMAZING!!! I just bought it a week ago and i love it. It makes my blue eyes "pop". Even though it is a little expensive... it is well made and is great.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Oh. my sweet. mother of Jesus. THIS IS AMAZING! I love UD's shadows, but I've always refused to buy singles because the palettes are such great deals. Well, I was on vacation and at a huge Sephora and decided, "What the heck, it's vacation, right?" Swatched a bunch of colors and picked Baked, and I'm so glad I did!

First off, the packaging. They actual pot is silver plastic that's made to look like a train token; very cute, actually. UD shadows always come in a purple-and-clear box, which is a little excessive, but when you consider peoples' habits of shoving their fingers in to non-testers, it's a nice touch.

The shade itself...wow. It's a beautiful Aztec gold color, very hard to translate to photographs. It's super-pigmented and goes on true to color with one swipe. Looks stunning against my light blue eyes, if I may have a moment of vanity there. ;) Plus, it's neutral enough to be office-appropriate, but punchy enough for night-time looks.

Overall, I am crazy glad that I bought this shadow. Yes, it was $17, and that's a bit much, especially when you can get a palette full of UD shadoes for $40. But I'm nuts over this shade, and I know it'll last me forever!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I love this color! It's so vibrant, and it works great with brown eyeliner. I always get compliments whenever I wear this. It goes well with my eyes (blue), and I'd imagine it would look great with brown eyes as well. Green eyes, give it a shot, but keep the receipt (just in case.)