Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
Cetaphil Moisturizing CreamCetaphil Cetaphil Moisturizing CreamMoisturizing CreamMoisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Dicaprylyl Ether, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide

on 3/28/2016 8:47:00 PM

Love this moisturizer and I have purchased it countless times, ever since i was a kid i have been using this everyday.
First off, I have very dry skin with eczema and i am very sensitive to lotions and products with fragrances in them since they cause flare outs. This moisturizer is the perfect everyday essential because it relives your dry patches and itchy skin, it sinks in after you massage it in so you wont have to worry about it feeling or appearing greasy. I do not have acne so i cant say weather it breaks me out or not but this does not clog your pores for sure.
Definitely recommend this for anyone who is looking for an affordable everyday moisturizer for very dry/ sensitive skin.

on 3/20/2016 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

love it

on 3/5/2016 5:37:00 PM

Fantastic cream - moisturizing and simple. I have repurchased many times.

I live in Taiwan, where it is extremely humid so my skin is almost never dry. I have combination skin with a very oily T-zone. I don't have sensitive skin and experience no skin issues apart from some black heads on my nose which I have to remove weekly. At 27, I have been using anti-aging products in an attempt to reduce lines, specifically smile lines. With that said, I really don't like the idea of blowing a ton of money on creams, especially when I know results are limited unless I receive botox. So I picked this up at Costco, and I have to say that I quite like it.

It's not as greasy as I imagined it would be, like Vaseline, but sinks in quite nicely. I dig into the pot and use a huge blob during the night, but only use a smear during the day. In regards to the greasiness, I once interviewed an Asian socialite for work and she mentioned that her secret to having great, radiant skin was to keep it as moisturized as possible. She said to not be be afraid of having oily skin and simply find the oiliest, greasiest face product to slather on at night. Since then, I have adopted the same method and it has worked well for me. With that said, I'm not sure if that would work with acne-prone skin.

This is a really nice cream. I have dry skin and use this in the morning followed by Nivea Creme at the night. This cream is slightly thinner than Nivea Creme. You only need a small amount of this lotion to cover your whole face. It absorbs easily and does not leave a greasy residue, making it perfect for morning use. It does not clog the pores or irritate my skin. It heals any dry patches you may have. It is a simple but effective daily mosituriser. I really enjoy this product!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I am changing. During my poor, misspent youth, I scrimped and saved to buy beauty products I could ill afford. And my skin sucked. Now I have found products which are cheap and easily obtained. Now my skin glows.

I bought a tub from Costco for about $11.00. This will easily last 6 months. I use it morning and night on combination skin. My skin never looked better. I look moist, not oily, and my make up stays put.

I am not a fan of the packaging. I would rather have it in a pump or squeeze tube. I have found it in a 3 oz squeeze tube. But it was much higher in price. Instead I just make sure my hands are clean with each use. And I don't share my tub.

I can't say enough good things about this product. I am now on my 2nd tub and I will continue to use this for the foreseeable future. It's not fancy. It isn't packaged in a pretty jar. But it is the best moisturizer I have ever tried.

on 2/19/2016 5:39:00 AM

first of all, my skin is pretty dry but i do get breakouts on my chin and my forehead from time to time; other than that, it is quite clear. a couple of weeks ago, i was having an ugly month since i was eating less healthily and becoming more stressed. i got a few pimples and clogged pores, despite going off foundation for a month; it wasn't really that bad, it was just like every time whenever i'm nearing the time of the month, but still, i felt like belgh. i got VERY desperate and applied tea tree oil all over my forehead and my chin and went to bed. stupid, i know. the next few days, my forehead was dry as shit. it was scaly and really uncomfortable. i tried drenching my skin with swisse argan oil and even that barely helped. then i switched to my cetaphil moisturiser and just went crazy with it. applied as much as i could over my forehead and my chin and my neck. i couldn't believe it! the next day my forehead was back to normal: it was smooth, soft as a baby's bottom.

however cream is a little greasy, so i don't see it as a particularly good base for makeup, but it's not so bad. there is no perfume which is good, and plus it doesn't block pores as it specifies.

UPDATE: it really makes my skin so smooth and soft. i do prefer to use it as a moisturiser before my infrequent foundation routine.

UPDATE 30/10/2017: Now that my skin is completely clear (MUAC products are my holy grail. I love that they are inexpensive and are straightforward and really do work) Cetaphil is still my go to whenever I get really dry skin. I like pairing it with a facial oil such as argan oil or jojoba oil for a deep moisturising effect. It's also great because it is cheap and a tub lasts for a very long time.

UPDATE 5/12/2017: My mum bought this tub a long time ago and its been a long time and I still use this tub. I absolutely love it. I hate it when bloggers rave and claim such-and-such is their obsession, but now I think I'm falling in the same boat. I am obsessed with this moisturiser and it is THE only thing that helps me with my dry dry skin. Of course, when i want to add extra hydration and treat my skin, I add facial oils on top. And yes, I am very generous with the product and I SLATHER the thing all over my face cos I rarely moisturise, which I know is bad. I absolutely hate fragrance (I don't know why though but I think I prefer products that are like basic and "natural") so this is perfect. If you want to wear makeup after, put a very small amount and warm it in your hands and then pat it into your skin before waiting for it to sink in. You're welcome.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Dear beautiful women,

Dry skin? Need something that's going to moisturize your skin for an extended period of time?
"Hey! What if I have sensitive skin?"

Not a problem! Ladies, if you experience dry skin and need something gentle to apply to your skin, Cetaphil could be just the thing for you!

Now you might think that I'm trying to get you to buy this product. Mmm....not necessarily...

The Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream is said to be suitable for, "Every Age. Every Stage. Every Day."

Still not convinced? Well, the Cetaphil Moisturizing cream is "clinically proven to provide immediate and lasting relief from extremely dry skin." This product is not just suitable for dry-cracked skin, it is hypo-allergenic, and fragrance free. This product provides long-lasting hydration for even sensitive skin!

Skin types vary, and I admit that my skin can be pretty dry, especially in the winter season. If you are like me, you might want a product that is going to last a long period of time, and does not contain harsh chemicals. The Cetaphil Moisturizing does just that! There are so many moisturizing products, but this is one of my favorites. (Note: I apply this product to my face.) I like to apply moisturizing cream two times a day: the morning, and before going to bed. If you are applying this product to the face, I recommend cleaning the face to help open those pores and dry thoroughly. Now a lot of you may rub the moisturizer into the face. I take a little bit of the product and rub or dab the moisturizer in, but it's your preference of how you apply the product.

Now you are ready to go!
"That's it?"
Yes! Just apply the product as many times as needed.

Overall, I would recommend this product because it is scent-free, and is long-lasting. I do not have to apply so much in a small amount of time. As previously stated, I only apply this product twice a day. A little definitely goes a long way with this product! Now you can go about your day, with long-lasting moisturization from Cetaphil!

on 2/12/2016 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is by far the best moisturizer i've ever tried. and i've tried many. its a very emollient moisturizer with no color to it, thick in consistency but provides long lasting moisture to your skin even after you take it off. good under makeup too. loving it. repurchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Edit 21/09/2017:
Dropped rating to 3 lipsticks.

My skin is currently fragile and dehydrated, nose is chapped constantly. Cetaphil hasn't been able to repair my skin. It stings slightly and reddens the skin around my nose/mouth. I've started using another moisturiser that has, to put it romantically, opened my eyes to the stars.

***
Original review
I have acne-prone combination skin. My cheeks and forehead are normal, leaning dry in winter months. My nose is oily all year round but prone to flakiness and peeling.

I bought this moisturiser intending it to moisturise my skin—forming a protective barrier to prevent moisture from evaporating and emollients to hydrate. This does exactly that. I have not had one dry patch on the triangle area between my nose and under eye. My nose isn't peeling either.

This is a plain moisturiser. No fancy antioxidants, no sun protection factor, no deep sea mermaid tear extracts, and no unicorn piss. Just effective moisturising. It contains no fragrance and a healthy dose of broad-spectrum preservatives.

The consistency is thick, like cream whipped to stiff peaks. It sinks into the skin quickly, with no greasiness or shine as long as you use an appropriate amount. I like to spread half a pea sized amount in my palms, and press my palms to my cleansed face.

It makes for an excellent make up base.

All sizes apart from the 100ml are packaged in a jar. The 100ml is in a tube.

I don't worry about contaminating the product because:

1) It has broad-spectrum preservatives such as Methylparaben and Propylparaben. Folks, before you cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war in the internet witch hunt for parabens and mineral oil, do a bit of research and learn to critically evaluate.

If you're undecided, google "parabens safety". Who's our daddy when it comes to quick and dirty answers? You are, Google, you are.

Seriously. Homework today: compare and critically analyse the blog posts titled "Parabens, Skincare, Safety, and Cancer: What does the Science say?" (@ musicalhouse) and "Parabens Explained" (@ truegoods). The former says parabens in the amount used as a preservative in skincare is perfectly safe. The latter says parabens are inherently toxic to cells (more importantly, what it doesn't say. I could do an analysis...but that shit isn't relevant to this review.)

2) I make SURE that my hands and face are clean when I use my moisturiser. I only use it after I've cleansed my face, and if I'm ever in doubt (e.g. I've applied a chemical exfoliant and used my computer while I waited), I will use a pump of 99.99% germ-killing hand sanitiser or just rewash my hands.