Quo Total Perfection Face Primer

Quo Total Perfection Face Primer
Quo primerTotal Perfection Face Primer

3.5

on 2/6/2009 2:49:00 PM

I decided to purchase this after researching different primers on MUA and testing them in the drugstores. I ended up purchasing this one at Shoppers Drug Mart for $15. This primer is very similar to Smashbox but for a fraction of the price...the texture is about the same or maybe a tad thicker than SB but the ingredients are almost exactly the same. I also had my eye on the GOSH primer but when I went to go test it the formula balled up on the back on my hand. It doesn't cause any breakouts on my sensitive acne prone skin either.

Pros:

-Doesn't have a scent
-Just as good as more expensive primers
-Doesn't cause me to break out
-Seems to make my makeup last longer
-Glass bottle allows me to see how much I've used

Cons:

-Glass bottle makes me nervous about traveling with it

on 11/15/2008 8:40:00 AM

It doesn't work as I've expected. I tried on my hand when I bought it and I liked it because it's very silky. Although it gives silky feeling when I apply it, it doesn't really cover any flaws like my scars. So I consider it as a moisturizer instead of a primer because it doesn't help change my look at all after I apply my foundation. The line and pores on my face still look the same as when I don't apply it. I don't recommend my friends to have it because it doesn't really work as it should.

The Quo Total Perfection Face Primer is a great, cheaper alternative to Smashbox's Photofinish. Not only does it have that same, silky texture, it glides on smoothly against your skin. It really does keep your foundation put for a very long time, and makes your skin look super smooth. However, after a few hours, I managed to look VERY greasy around the t-zone area. This is most likely due to the fact that I already have a problem with that area. So, those who already experience trouble with very oily skin might want to use this product sparingly.

Pros:
- It is Smashbox's Photofinish doppelganger, except much more cheaper. (At about $15 - $20 CND a pop!)
- Definitely helps keep your foundation longer lasting.
- The silky texture keeps your skin feeling soft.

Cons:
- Those with hard-to-control oily t-zone areas might find themselves looking much more oilier.

on 8/22/2008 3:17:00 PM

I LOVE this stuff! I have combination skin, so can have dry areas and be dealing with a small breakout somewhere else (I use aspirin masks/tea tree oil and they work well, but not immediately!). I also have really fair skin, so any minor irritations can affect how well my foundation goes on or looks day to day in different areas of my face. I have found the Quo primer solves these issues miraculously.

I am a huge fan of Quo products overall, but did not try the primer until fairly recently and I am a die-hard for it now when I am going to be out for several hours without time to reapply (I tend to reserve it for evenings or special occasions as I am not a massive heavy makeup wearer in general and don't need primer all the time). I use it as an eye primer as well and it saves me carrying my eyeshadow for reapplication!

It does not take much to cover your face, it goes on smooth and makes a silky smooth finish. And as others mentioned, it definitely makes your skin feel baby soft! I wait a couple minutes before applying any corrector or foundation, and by then it goes on nice and smooth and adheres perfectly.

And, no breakouts despite having pretty sensitive skin!

This is my HG primer -- i will use nothing else. It's silky smooth when applied to the face (feels just like the smashbox primer but half the price). You have to wait a couple of minutes for it to dry/set first tho, but it really does its job! It also helps that it's often on sale!

on 3/26/2008 4:50:00 PM

Ever since I discovered primer I have been a total junkie. I have tried many (Laura Mercier, Trish McEvoy, Lorac, Tarte, BE, Sue Devitt, Becca, the list goes on). Up until now, my favorite, go-to primer has been Smashbox Photofinish without a challenge. Well, I've been using this dupe of the Smashbox product and so far it is just as good (and better because it is half the price!!). It comes in the same size and shape bottle with pump dispenser, goes on smoothly, helps foundation go on like silk and, most importantly, makes all my makeup last significantly longer. The only difference between this and SB primer is the color of the product in the bottle (a translucent pink) but it goes on clear so that difference is not significant. Don't forget to leave it on for afew minutes before applying mu ...it has a huge impact on the effectiveness of this (and the sb) product IMO.

I use it as primer on my eyes as well and my eye m/u lasts all day. I am thrilled to be able to buy this for $15-20 canadian (depending on sales).

I strongly recommend this product. I;m 43, nc-30ish, normal skin with occasional breakouts, and concerned about early signs of agings.

on 3/23/2008 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

UPDATE: i've started using this again. i think it does make my tm blend into my skin a little better. nothing too extraordinary or too noticeable. i will use it up and move onto other primers.
i seem to be in the minority on this product. compared to just using a moisturizer, i noticed no difference in the way my makeup is applied, nor in the lasting power of the makeup. yes, my skin is freakishly soft, but that's not the point, is it? it didn't make me break out.

on 3/16/2008 12:01:00 PM

I just absolutely love this Quo primer!

It's only been about three months since I started using primers and what a difference they make for me. My foundation goes on so smooth.

One pump is all you need. I also really like the way it is packaged.
Purchased it at Shoppers Drug Mart Beauty Boutique on sale for $16.00. Regular price is $20.00.

I have Laura Gellers Spackle, but I think I prefer the Quo as it makes my face feel so silky even witout makeup on.

Also the spackle is in a 2 ounce jar, and you have to use a paddle or fingers to get it out as opposed to the much more sanitary pump in my opinion.

I have the Jay Manual Override Prepare Face Silicone Primer, and it is also a primer that I think is excellent. It came in a kit I purchased at the Canadian Home Shopping site. It dispenses from a flip top tube.

I have purchased Serious Skin Care A-Primer on eBay, but I haven't opened it yet.

I have very dry skin and maybe people with oily skin don't benefit the same as dry skin.

Bottom line, I love these primers and I think I have enough now for the rest of my life! (smiles)

It is great to find a primer that is not so costly. Quo primer smoothed out my skin, allowing my makeup to adhere much better. Like any other primer, make sure you allow it to set/dry completely. I previously used Smashbox, which was good, but didn't want to rebuy due to the hefty pricetag. It's great to know that there are reasonably priced, high quality products out there.