Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

4.1

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I went to Target the other day, and picked up Maybelline Colorsensational in Warm me Up. I have trouble finding a good "nude" shade since I am very pale. I have to say that I like it quite a bit! It's not too light, not too pink or brown. It's a good combination of the two, and I feel it makes my lips look fuller! It isn't full on color, I can reapply it often and never feel like it's too strong. It is a more dry formula, but it did not dry out my actual lips. I also really like the smell, it has kind of a cocoa butter smell. I really like the packaging, it is a square tube that is a pinkish/brown on the outside, and silver mirror on the inside. This will definitely be an everyday lip color for me, and a great starting point for delving into the world of nudes!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Warm Me Up is a wonderful pinkish brown-neutral color. It is the perfect color for a casual lipstick during the day. It is also the perfect compliment to smokey eyes at night. The formula is creamy and long-lasting. It is the perfect MLBB color.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I like the formula. It's creamy and lasts. I didn't detect a smell either But this color looked like a nice pinkish brown neutral on my hand at the store. But on my lips, it was odd and unflattering. It was a slightly brownish pinkish color with a whitish and purple undertone. It was just an odd, kind of this color and that color shade. It did not look right on me but I imagine it would look good on the right skin tone.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Warm me up is the same exact color as my lips, I already finished two tubes of this. I love the color and how opaque it is, however, the staying power isn't as great as I'd like it to be and the smell is cheap. I really wish Revlon still had an identical shade. As long as this is the only affordable mlbb shade for me I'll be repurchasing.

on 1/18/2013 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I usually have a lot of trouble finding a pink that works for my skin tone (NC35), but this lipstick is perfect. It is a neutral, yellow-based pink that is perfect for everyday wear. There is a slight sheen to the lipstick, but it isn't too shimmery. These lipsticks have a faint Play-Doh smell, which most people find off-putting, but I like. It isn't as moisturizing as I'd like, but if I apply lip balm before hand, I have no problems.

on 1/10/2013 7:33:00 PM

I love this lipstick shade because its a gorgeous color that gives my face the "Warmth" it needs! Very natural and definitely a MLBB lipstick. However I did find it to be very dry so I try to apply some lip balm underneath to moisturize my lips. Staying power is not amazing, have to reapply a few times.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Out of the million drugstore lipsticks I own, this is definitely one of my favorites! It's really easy to wear for my skin tone, very flattering and great for everyday. It is a bit drying, so I always add a lip balm before the lipstick and a gloss on top. Lately I've been loving adding the rimmel lip liner in addiction before applying this lipstick. I would buy this again if I ran out.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This shade really flatters my coloring and lips! As other reviewers have mentioned, it's a MLBB kinda shade and I prefer pinks over nudes when it comes to lip color because they pop and accentuate full lips. Warm me up is a tawny-medium pink shade that is a satin finish without shimmer. My only complaint is the formula is quite drying, especially in the dead of winter here in Michigan! To counteract this, I apply lip balm prior to application and it doesn't dry my lips out so badly. Ill repurchase, but I'm sure it will last me a lifetime because I'm a lipstick junkie and change shades on a daily basis- this color is especially good for work/business settings.

on 11/26/2012 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Shade description beige pink

Pros

- pigmented
- long wearing

Cons

- drying

Comments: This is a very MLBB kind of shade. It's a nude with pink and mauve undertones to it. The formula is pretty drying, but it does stay on well. I love pairing this with NYX Mega Shine in Sweet Heart.

Will repurchase.

Shade is very pretty but this lipstick has an odd smell, sort of like the smell of clay, although it doesn't really stay around after you apply it and is taste-free thankfully. However it did irritate my lips a little, so if you are sensitive, this may not be for you. It is very long wearing, but has a fairly dry texture and is not the smoothest or easiest to apply. Overall, I was not a fan.