Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

4.1

on 11/10/2013 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I feel like good nude lipsticks are impossible to find for NC30-35 skin. I'm pretty pleased with this one, though i don't love it. I feel like the formula is a bit drying, though it does look nice. I don't reach for this often enough to imagine running out of it, but if i did i'm not sure if i'd repurchase or keep searching.
Update 09/14: This has really grown on me. It's still not the perfect nudel, but i will definitely repurchase and have almost used it up. Yay!

This lipstick line is the best!! I love all the colors I have tried. Warm Me Up is with the brown shades, but I'm not sure why. It's a beautiful soft pink. It really does warm up your whole face! The shade is basically a my lips but better color. It's one of my favorite colors to pair with dark eye makeup, or even if I just want to look naturally pretty. I recommend this to pale girls!
Although I think this would look fabulous on tan skin as well.

This lipstick is why I love this website so much. I tried it out based on reviews and I was not disappointed. I am pale but I have a lot of pigment in my lips. I've been looking for a good pinky brown ever since I finally decided Bobbi Brown was too expensive several years ago. This is a great color and very moisturizing. I think I will use it forever. :)

on 9/5/2013 4:26:00 PM

I too have had difficulties in the past finding a good nude lipstick for NC35 complexion.
I am on my third tube of this one and hope it never becomes discontinued.
I found it similar to the Bobbi Brown Brownie Pink. Much more affordable though.
Two thumbs up!

on 9/5/2013 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Such a lovely nude-ish color. I always have such a problem finding a good nude lipstick for my skin tone. So many others have either made me look like I have no lips or make me look dead. This warm pinky/brownish color is just right for me. It's noticable but not too dark.

It has a nice shine to it and feels moisturizing. The color lasts a decent amount of time too. I'm not crazy about the packaging, but I don't hate it, and it doesn't affect my opinion of this lipstick. I've gotten compliments on this lipstick and I will repurchase when this one runs out. Great everyday color for women with similar coloring to me.

Love this lipstick! This is a great MLBB on my pigmented lips (but photographs fuschia). Not drying at all for a lippy that's so opaque. The only con is the packaging, bulky and cheap looking which does the lipstick a disservice.

This is the one----the perfect pinkish-nude I've been looking for. I didn't think this color existed for me. I've bought so many so-called pink nudes that ended up being too brown, too orange, or too muddy for my fair skin, blue eyes, and brunette hair. I couldn't even get the right shade by mixing from my stash.

But Warm Me Up---yep, it's perfect for me. It's creamy but doesn't slide off your lips in an hour. It's pretty long-lasting, but not drying. I'm so glad I found this lipstick. Ladies, if your coloring is similar to mine, you should give it a try.

I bought this because of the recommendation from a Youtube guru that I liked. I regretted it. It's been almost a year since I've had this lipstick and I still think it's probably one of the worst lipstick shades that I owe. It comes off as a weird brownish mauve color with almost a bit of toned down fuschia/purple in it. I gave it three stars for the formula, and packaging, which are both quite nice for the price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

When I saw Temptalia's swatch of this I ran out on bought it because on her it looked like a gorgeous pink MLBB that would be perfect for everyday or for an evening out. Unfortunately on me, Warm Me Up hardly looks pink - more like a mauve that pulls way too brown for my liking. It has a slight caramelly sort of scent but it fades quickly and there's no taste I can detect. The formula is alright - it's slightly moisturizing and gives a slight sheen however it settles into lip lines after a little while. Won't be repurchasing.

on 5/20/2013 10:05:00 PM

I've bought this lipstick twice. It's such a great medium pink that you can wear every day. It's HG status for my NC30 skin, and I hope Maybelline never stops making it.