Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick - Warm Me Up

4.1

on 11/5/2009 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Nude warm brown with almost an equal amount of pink. Texture is super smooth, but I find that it looks almost matte when applied alone. I wore this today with balm underneath and a gloss over it and it looked great. For $5 at Walmart this is a great lipstick for the price.

on 10/24/2009 10:56:00 AM

I hate to break the 100% repurchase rating for this, but truthfully, I was sorely disappointed by this color. I was told this was a shade that would brighten my face without looking like an obvious lip color, but what I got from this was MLBW - my lips but worse. Warm Me Up is the exact color of my lips when I'm pale and ill. Not a good thing. Still, the creamy texture, the wear, the honeyed scent all warrant a couple of lippies.

on 10/21/2009 12:51:00 PM

I tried several of the Color Sensational Lipsticks and this is by far my favorite - and the only one I'd repurchase. The name makes no sense to me though, there's nothing warm about this shade [where as Blushing Brunette was too warm to be flattering for me, and Mauve Me was too cool and garish, Warm Me Up is actually a neutral, creamy, soft pink with no shimmer whatsoever.] I think it was Bobbi Brown that said the true test of a good lipstick colour is when you can wear it with no other makeup on and it still brightens up your face - this one fits that bill for me nicely. I don't own any other drugstore lipsticks but the packaging quality for this seems above the norm - sleek and sturdy. The only reason I can't give it 5 lippies is the strong, artificial smell - reminds me of kids' play-doh.

This is another wonderful color. I am always on the look out for really good nude colors. Most nude colors wash me out. This is a pinky nude that goes on smooth and lasts pretty well. I plan on getting a back up of this and Totally Toffee. Love them both!

on 10/11/2009 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

Color:
This is a light to medium warm, pinkish beige. It does have a miniscule amount of gold shimmer that isn't visible on your lips. This is close to the color of my lips, perhaps a bit lighter.
Update: On further wear I find this can tend to look a little too warm for my cool-toned skin, which can sometimes make me look drab. I'll probably still work with this and try to wear more saturated jewel-colored eye shadows, not natural or neutral colors with this.

Features:
These smell like a mixture of honey and vanilla to me, or play-doh to my fiance, either way I love the scent, it doesn't smell drying. The lipstick is so creamy and smooth but doesn't smudge outside your lip line, and is quite long-lasting for not being matte. Also very moisturizing, no feathering or settling into little lines in your lips. The finish to this is a creamy, barely shiny healthy look. The non-shimmer colors seem to be true to what is in the packaging. Yeah, I've been collecting these like crazy and would recommend bogos! Also check out Maybelline's site for suggestions on colors for your skintone, so far it has been very useful for me.

on 10/2/2009 4:53:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I wasn't getting my hopes up about this lippie when I got it. I am always disappointed at how nude lipsticks never look good on me. But this, however, is FAB!!! It's the same color on your lips as it is in the tube. The perfect pink-nude that goes with any kind of makeup look. Top with a little gloss and you have gorgeous lips.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This lippie exceeded my expectations. It is actually for me a cooler pink, although the name would suggest a warm pink, but it is a midtone pink that is almost nude. Very creamy formula, feels great and not drying at all. Left my lips quite moisturized.

Can't believe this is a drug store lippie, I only bought it because Ulta had BOBO, so I thought what the heck. It lasts about as long as other formulas that are not billed as long-wearing. It didn't survive breakfast, but what lipstick does unless it is Maxfinity?

At this price, I can afford to buy all of the colors I like. The package was pretty snazzy for DS lipstick--it sort of reminds me of the EL packaging. Best part is no odd or chemical smells or taste and no sickeningly sweet or vanilla smell or taste.

on 9/14/2009 8:28:00 AM

I think I might be in love with this drugstore lipstick. It feels like a high end lippie. It looks so pretty on me (NC15). Shows up as a pinky-brown color that goes on so smoothly and it not drying in the least. Very pigmented and lasts a surprising long time. I like the case. No smell that I can detect. I am definately getting more of these Color Sensational lippies!

It's a mauvy pink color with very little golden shimmer that's barely noticible when you apply it to your lips.
Not drying at all, fades evenly.
NO RING around the mouth!
I don't find the smell strong and disgusting at all, it's a faint coconut/vanilla scent. Maybe it's just mine though...
EDIT: I realized that this lipstick is a little cool toned for me. I have super warm asian skin so it may look a bit unnatural on me, but still 5/5 :]

I don't think I've ever liked a Maybelline lipstick...until now. I perused the display at CVS and found this one in the Naturals. I'm usually drawn to the pinks, but they all seemed to have some sort of shimmer/frost. I prefer a non-shimmer look and this lipstick delivers in may ways:
1) Neutral, but not a brown nude. I am MAC NW20, but my full lips have a lot of pigment and this actually takes them down a touch, without making them look muddy.
2) The consistency is smooth, not drying and the color lasts. Even after I eat lunch, it leaves a lovely (albeit faint) stain - without a line around my outer lips.
3) No lip pencil necessary.
3) The color matches any of my makeup combinations (I use Bobbi products on my face).

I am genuinely surprised at the quality of this lipstick. And not that it really matters, but the new cases are classy, too! It's delightful to find a true nude/natural, non-shimmer, high quality drugstore lipstick. Kudos Maybelline! MLBB indeed!